daggerstorm

Stand The Wall.6987

As a thief main, my two most desired balance changes to Thief are actually nerfs:1) Remove the 4 second evade on Daggerstorm.
2) Remove stealth on dodge for Deadeye.

Both of these weird balance changes that were added recently as "buffs" just added really bad, cheesy gameplay to the class.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:I'm fine with taking cripple off of it so it isnt a free button vs necros, but damage and range are fine.Remove ability to recharge from improvisation * Only change I would like to see xDCould be added as wish list: 3s evade ,speed up dagger throwing to match evade duration. Shouldnt contest point OR remove projectile reflection entirely

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:I'm fine with taking cripple off of it so it isnt a free button vs necros, but damage and range are fine.Remove ability to recharge from improvisation * Only change I would like to see xDCould be added as wish list: 3s evade ,speed up dagger throwing to match evade duration. Shouldnt contest point OR remove projectile reflection entirely

It’s not an invulnerability or stealth so it should Contest nodes, since there is still counterplay to it.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

It’s not an invulnerability or stealth so it should Contest nodes, since there is still counterplay to it.I dont know how this can be excuse to get recharged randomly from improvisation.Which skill allow you to be untouched in middle of point for 4.5s and contest it while pressuring your opponents,everyone within its radius ? Also counterplays are dodgeblockinvul?

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

It’s not an invulnerability or stealth so it should Contest nodes, since there is still counterplay to it.I dont know how this can be excuse to get recharged randomly from improvisation.Which skill allow you to be untouched in middle of point for 4.5s and contest it while pressuring your opponents,everyone within its radius ? Also counterplays are dodgeblockinvul?

It probably also should not allow you to contest points, actually. They should treat it like distortion. As for it being recharged by improv, ehhh. There's what, a 17-ish% chance that happens?

a 17% chance to get an evade for 4 seconds in which you cannot do anything else is passable to me. Agree that it should not contest points though.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It probably also should not allow you to contest points, actually. As for it being recharged by improv, ehhh. There's what, a 20% chance that happens?If DS wouldnt be so strong its would be understandable. Also look at mimic on chrono, its not allowed to recharge that utility with contin.split anymore(that not even elite xD)Its not hearthstone where RNG decide who won or lost.P.S that 20% doesnt mean its going to happen once per 5 steals. Its like im being in fractals and getting out of 5 people bomb 4 times in a row.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

You can hit them while Dagger Storm is activate, there are quite a few skills that hit through evade, so those are all counter play to it, they can be cc’ed while it’s active another counter play and yes if people Invulns, block, evade that’s also a form of counter play. Js

And it getting recharged off improv is a low chance so that’s a non issue.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

If DS wouldnt be so strong its would be understandable. Also look at mimic on chrono, its not allowed to recharge that utility with contin.split anymore(that not even elite xD)Its not hearthstone where RNG decide who won or lost.P.S that 20% doesnt mean its going to happen once per 5 steals. Its like im being in fractals and getting out of 5 people bomb 4 times in a row.

Yeah, but it could also not happen at all. It's not something you can count on.

That being said, /shrug. . Shave the damage or the soft cc, preferably not both at once It has to either be good for running off or good for making people waste def's. I'm totally fine with it locking you out of contesting though. contesting a point for free is bad design no matter what skill it is.

If DS wouldnt be so strong its would be understandable. Also look at mimic on chrono, its not allowed to recharge that utility with contin.split anymore(that not even elite xD)Its not hearthstone where RNG decide who won or lost.P.S that 20% doesnt mean its going to happen once per 5 steals. Its like im being in fractals and getting out of 5 people bomb 4 times in a row.

That being said, /shrug. . Shave the damage or the soft cc, preferably not both at once It has to either be good for running off or good for making people waste def's. I'm totally fine with it locking you out of contesting though. contesting a point for free is bad design no matter what skill it is.

On light armor min damage u will do is ~10k?Each dagger ~2k, minimum thrown is 6. Its also have huge range 600 around thief and if some1 recieve hit its spread for anoher 600 around target. Add to this random reflected attacks for 2-3k at least and then 'lucky' recharge ,thats pretty much disaster xDIf they (aeinet) think its fine like that. We will have to live with it xDP.S.S improvisaiton can be changed into something more consistent rather than random

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

On light armor min damage u will do is ~10k?Each dagger ~2k, minimum thrown is 6. Its also have huge range 600 around thief and if some1 recieve hit its spread for anoher 600 around target. Add to this random reflected attacks for 2-3k at least and then 'lucky' recharge ,thats pretty much disaster xDIf they (aeinet) think its fine like that. We will have to live with it xD

They could also increase the damage but lower the damage pulses, and reduce the range/ its spread and remove the cripple. Then it just functions like a small blender you can kite.

I'm not bent out of shape if they do nerf damage though. It was needed to give us sustain to avoid people tagging us with 6-8 second reveals and getting a free kill/damage lead off of it, I'll still use it as long as it functions like an evade, even if it does less or is only a projectile reflect.

On light armor min damage u will do is ~10k?Each dagger ~2k, minimum thrown is 6. Its also have huge range 600 around thief and if some1 recieve hit its spread for anoher 600 around target. Add to this random reflected attacks for 2-3k at least and then 'lucky' recharge ,thats pretty much disaster xDIf they (aeinet) think its fine like that. We will have to live with it xD

They could also increase the damage but lower the damage pulses, and reduce the range/ its spread and remove the cripple. Then it just functions like a small blender you can kite.

I'm not bent out of shape if they do nerf damage though. It was needed to give us sustain to avoid people tagging us with 6-8 second reveals and getting a free kill/damage lead off of it, I'll still use it as long as it functions like an evade, even if it does less or is only a projectile reflect.

I suggested to have less evade time but keep original damage . Avoid more damage with dodge and have duration at least equal to 3s block. I'm sure this skill doesnt need MORE damage because its add reflect for its duration. If some fool doing rapid fire in his own face or holo4 its insta K.O xDBut ye , I like it that idea. Less evade, more damage, less radius. Still wish this wont be recharged with improv >: (From previous post: Improvisaiton can be changed into something more consistent rather than random

@tinyreborn.1938 said:If some fool doing rapid fire in his own face or holo4 its insta K.O xD

Anyone shooting rapid fire or photon blitz at something that clearly is reflecting it and is not in the process of cancelling deserves to be oneshot
Well photon blitz pretty quick one ,used to play with a friend and he pretty often played with it even before its got evade fact. He told me how Zan oneshot himself with discharge and photon blitz because its starting to reflect asap. ^^ . Rapid fire...well...those guys can die if they dont cancel RF,dont care about them XD

Archived