Ban ArcDPS and any third party program

On 12/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Problem is that it is N O T your data.

Its data everyone had accessed too.

ArcDps only makes it more useful to the player.

Again: Your Dps is public information the moment you join a group!

totally not lol

if it where anet would had add dps and spying tools.

ur example is like its N O T ur privacy because I have the ability to look into ur bedroom after i used a tool to break the door.

guess who owns the data Anet and anet alone read the toss.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

if it where anet would had add dps and spying tools.

Have you looked in your combat log?

I have the ability to look into ur bedroom after i used a tool to break the door.

More like looking into your bedroom through the large French doors you left wide open.

guess who owns the data Anet and anet alone

In which case, if they have no issue with ArcDPS it's all good, yes?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This is the reason why there's no more raid content coming. The elitist syndrome of people and their desire to have vanilla teams without trying out any other combos.  

However, ArcDPS allows people to know if everyone is doing their part. We can't see one another's gear (thank god), so ArcDPS provides some information. Otherwise, raids, CM, and even T4 fractals would never get done. ONLY 5% of the community does raids at all. If it wasn't for ArcDPS it would NEVER get done. NEVER! 

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

On 12/21/2018 at 10:31 AM, Applejuice.4083 said:

Had two instances today, before anyone comments on gear, my guild and rotation comes from snowcrows to the T, including food. Went in for nostalgia on a dungeon run and got kicked towards the end of AC P2 because "Dps sucks", really? On AC P2? , 2nd instance was at VG was hitting 30-40k+ but it was "too low" and people started to get boot left and right. How do you expect people to learn and stay end game, when its filled with elitism? Ban ArcDPS please. It breeds toxic people.

The DPS Meter is clearly not the problem, it’s the people who are toxic. I never kicked anyone out because of bad dps, missing mechanics or anything else. I only kick people who are toxic and are blaming others, because you shouldn’t get kicked for not being perfect with your dps/mechanics or anything else.

you should just report those players and don’t blame it on the dps meter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Artkikus.2179 said:

The DPS Meter is clearly not the problem, it’s the people who are toxic. I never kicked anyone out because of bad dps, missing mechanics or anything else. I only kick people who are toxic and are blaming others, because you shouldn’t get kicked for not being perfect with your dps/mechanics or anything else.

you should just report those players and don’t blame it on the dps meter.

I have seen people kicked for low dps. I mean if a group needs 15-20k dps and someone is only putting out 500-1k then it will be difficult to clear the boss, and everyone else has to carry them. That person is looking for a free ride to get drops. That's not fair either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, LordMadman.5812 said:

I have seen people kicked for low dps. I mean if a group needs 15-20k dps and someone is only putting out 500-1k then it will be difficult to clear the boss, and everyone else has to carry them. That person is looking for a free ride to get drops. That's not fair either.

Yes I get what you’re saying, but in my eyes that is trolling. It’s straight up trolling, wanting loot for free and not doing any damage 🙂

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Have you looked in your combat log?

More like looking into your bedroom through the large French doors you left wide open.

In which case, if they have no issue with ArcDPS it's all good, yes?

im not against arc dps just saying the info is owned by the public is not true nor is it owned by the player

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 3

ARC is the reason why lfg still somehow functions. Otherwise ppl would do most content only with guild members. Reason - nobody wants leeches in party when content is not easy. In your daily strike you could afford few leeches, not so much in more challanging pve/wvw raid. Anyways, mostly people who fail mechanics consistently get kicked, or toxics, because in most pve content autoattacking deals enough dps.

2 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

im not against arc dps just saying the info is owned by the public is not true nor is it owned by the player

anet provides gw2 API for developers to make addons like arcdps. Anet controlls which information can be acquired through that API - including fight logs. Which makes those damage logs public. arc dps does not spy on player information - it takes public information throug api and acts as interface for player to see it more easily

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1