can legendary pvp + wvw armor get their own unique skins and not the same as ascended?

Draco.9480

ANet HQ

-Hey guys, I brought the news from our forum, players want unique Legendary Armors!-Cool! We already gave them one from raids, what now, they want Leg Armor from FotM? Open World? Maybe from new LS Achievements?-...actually from sPvP and WvW-Meh, whatever. Hey Mike, I heard that you invented new mount! I hope that you have already designed some cool and expensive skins, lets dont disappoint our dear PvE-community!

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You may be unfamiliar with the time required for armor skins. Nine months is the usual for non-Legendary skins.

Oh come now i will design some and they can have it for free.

You are welcome to post your designs here on the forums, or on Tumblr, or anywhere else (the first two allow ArenaNet to use them, I believe). Of course, just drawing a picture isn't creating Legendary armor. I'm sure many people could make up a design.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You may be unfamiliar with the time required for armor skins. Nine months is the usual for non-Legendary skins.

You are welcome to post your designs here on the forums, or on Tumblr, or anywhere else (the first two allow ArenaNet to use them, I believe). Of course, just drawing a picture isn't creating Legendary armor. I'm sure many people could make up a design.

I always imagine once u build the basic armor skeleton ina game u can add shiny stuff and other effects any time. In a way mount skins are armors same for outfit.

Is anyone an game armor designer and can clarify? I not convinced with the nine month one Armor by looking how many armors are in game it would need 20 years or more to finish all of these with double the workers.

@Lynnanine.1652 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:Be glad you can get legendary armor from pvp or wvw, or mix it or both.There are people in game that don't have that luxory to get leg armor from mod they prefer to play.

?? Isn't it avaliable in pve, pvp, and wvw?

you mean raids, spvp and wvw?

Technically raids are pve. They are hard pve, but it is still pve. I sympathize with the difficulty level; I've done training groups with my guild. They are fun, but I decided I had more fun with wvw, so that's where I'm working toward my armor. I'm not the best at it yet, but I am learning and having quite a bit of fun. :)

Acquiring legendary armor in any game mode takes a lot of effort because it's the absolute endgame armor.

Technically wvw is PVP, see where am I going with this?

No I don't, sorry. Wvw has both pvp and pve elements.

Game mod is PvP. If it had any significant pve elements, game balance notes for classes would mention it separate from PvP. What if leg armor for PvP modes were locked on sPvP only?

Again, Wvw is both pvp and pve. It's even defined as such on the wiki. It's a separate mode that has both pvp and pve within it. I was intimidated going into it because I'm no good at pvp and because I had no idea what was going on with wvw. With lots of practice, finding a good class, and an encouraging commander, I'm getting better and making progress toward getting the legendary armor I decided would be most feasible for me to get.

If you want legendary armor, the only option is to put in a large amount of effort in whichever game mode you choose. If you absloutely abhor any sort of pvp, your option is to learn how to raid. There are plenty of raid training groups available. There will be a lot of fails, as with learning the advanced playstyle of any game mode, but that's how life is. Again, I can absloutely sympathize because I do really enjoy pve. It's usually easy and low stress. People don't get as frustrated. I've found that finding a good group makes all the difference. I'm on Sanctum of Rall; if you happen to be too I'm totally willing to help you out in wvw. :)

There are spvp maps with pve in it, does that magically make it less pvp than the maps with zero pve in it? Adding pve elements into a pvp mode doesn't make it any less of a pvp mode, nor does it make it a pve mode. If you want to talk about the wiki, WvW is only on the pvp page, and not listed on the pve page for a good reason. To say open world pve, fractals (/dungeons) and raids are all the same just because the goal is defeating non-player enemies would be like saying WvW, Conquest and Stronghold are all the same because the goal is beating enemy players.

@Balsa.3951 said:

I always imagine once u build the basic armor skeleton ina game u can add shiny stuff and other effects any time. In a way mount skins are armors same for outfit.Try to mix and match armor on a Charr of any armor weight and you'll quickly see the problem. Designing one-piece suits like outfits or mount skins is a lot less complex than designing mix and match armor pieces.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

I always imagine once u build the basic armor skeleton ina game u can add shiny stuff and other effects any time. In a way mount skins are armors same for outfit.Try to mix and match armor on a Charr of any armor weight and you'll quickly see the problem. Designing one-piece suits like outfits or mount skins is a lot less complex than designing mix and match armor pieces.

Anet can go ahead and unlock wvw/pvp outfit for those that finished leg armor. As was mentioned above they can't please everyone, some will like it, others-hate.

Archived