Siege: Who thought that 1 hour was enough?

Astrolicus.3716

@Jura.2170 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:is lvl 80 really a restriction?

It could help a bit

Some trolls use lvl 2 alts to pull tacts and make paper siege next to supply huts

the only troll for whom leveling is an issue, is one that swaps server every matchup for free by deleting characters. but you could just disable being able to use tactivators/siege during the time you are not considered a citizen of that world.

As a scout I'm ok with the 1 hour timer. Its enough time to make rounds to refresh, but not too long in order to allow troll siege to disappear. The timer use to be 30 minutes. Now that sucked.

(Some of you know I have been sick for a while and it turns out I have a highly aggressive cancer. I'm now on week 4 of 6 for radiation therapy. I miss you guys!)

What if there was some way to pull a single lever in the lord's room to refresh all siege inside the walls? There'd have to be some way to mark individual siege to be excluded from being refreshed, but that would be a whole lot less hassle for scouts.

I'd still prefer to make guild siege last way longer since it's more easily traced, though.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:My complaint about WvW is the siege, who thought that 1 hour was enough? This bothers me a lot, honestly, there are people who do not even care about refreshing it and all the siege that someone built is lost in the end. My suggestion is simple, let Keep / Tower refresh the siege automatically or increase the count instead 1 hour. There are players who do not even care about refreshing it and that's a problem. You can save a keep or a tower if people remember to refresh it.

Even worse when your T3 Keep / Tower is captured by the enemy because people didn't want to refresh the siege at all. I just ask you to increase the count or let Keep / Tower refresh it automatically.

I think an unattended objective should degrade in some manner. If you want to encourage siege refresh perhaps offering some participation for the effort would be appropriate.

@Glass Hand.7306 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:My complaint about WvW is the
siege
, who thought that 1 hour was enough? This bothers me a lot, honestly, there are people who do not even care about refreshing it and all the siege that someone built is lost in the end. My suggestion is simple, let Keep / Tower refresh the siege automatically or increase the count instead 1 hour. There are players who do not even care about refreshing it and that's a problem. You can save a keep or a tower
if
people remember to refresh it.

Even worse when your T3 Keep / Tower is captured by the enemy because people didn't want to refresh the siege at all. I just ask you to increase the count or let Keep / Tower refresh it automatically.

I think an unattended objective should degrade in some manner. If you want to encourage siege refresh perhaps offering some
participation
for the effort would be appropriate.

Participation is already kept up easily enough. Tapping siege should not be eligible for participation.

Archived