Is it worth the hassle to get to the Domain of Istan?

GW Noob.6038

You missed out on amazing lucrativeness. Chests each dropped 35-50 vm. You could EASILY farm 5-8000 vm just doing one series of pala and a few great halls. Buy the trophy or leather crates, sell the unidentified loot and make oodles of gold or if you had the patience hit sw bump up gold find and open everything.

I miss it. Still hit it now and then but it is a sad pale ghost of what it was. I miss the regular commanders and camaraderie of the afk rock.

That said still worth hitting each event once.

I've got to admit that I dread getting to LS-gated lands. Long, frustrating puzzles, fights, etc. But I also have to say that, for some reason, Istan is my favorite map. The HoT maps first introduced a lot of verticality, but went crazy with it and made it painful. Istan has a lot of height variety and you can definitely soar from great heights, but it's mixed in a way that's very pleasant. The meta event is rewarding, too.

It's definitely not as necessary as Kourna -- without which you can't get the Beetle mount -- but I like it.

@gateless gate.8406 said:Takes less time to get to Istan than the time you spent in this thread, btw.

Thanks to this thread I got to Istan in about 30 seconds using a teleport-to-friend, which I previously forgot about but was suggested by @BlueJin.4127 in the post above...and I avoided all the frustrating (unwanted/undeserved) LS content. Win-win for me!

@Druitt.7629 said:I've got to admit that I dread getting to LS-gated lands. Long, frustrating puzzles, fights, etc. But I also have to say that, for some reason, Istan is my favorite map. The HoT maps first introduced a lot of verticality, but went crazy with it and made it painful. Istan has a lot of height variety and you can definitely soar from great heights, but it's mixed in a way that's very pleasant. The meta event is rewarding, too.

It's definitely not as necessary as Kourna -- without which you can't get the Beetle mount -- but I like it.

I participated in the Istan meta a few times and found it to be kinda 'meh'. I can get the same amount of loot in other metas...plus I get to avoid the ridiculous aggro range that the PoF mobs have. I did find one Ghost Pepper plant on the map...so it wasn't a total loss, I guess. :D

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Druitt.7629" said:I've got to admit that I dread getting to LS-gated lands. Long, frustrating puzzles, fights, etc. But I also have to say that, for some reason, Istan is my favorite map. The HoT maps first introduced a lot of verticality, but went crazy with it and made it painful. Istan has a lot of height variety and you can definitely soar from great heights, but it's mixed in a way that's very pleasant. The meta event is rewarding, too.

I participated in the Istan meta a few times and found it to be kinda 'meh'. I can get the same amount of loot in other metas...plus I get to avoid the ridiculous aggro range that the PoF mobs have. I did find one Ghost Pepper plant on the map...so it wasn't a total loss, I guess. :D

then you don`t understand what you are getting, it is about the "loot". But anyway, if everything sucks so bad in this game, just leave. Or do you just enjoy to be "edgy" on forums? Then please continue.

Archived