Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

On 12/4/2023 at 11:16 AM, Delacroix.8594 said:

This is my favorite armor set in the game and its textures have been messed up for almost 11 years, although I will not be surprised if you ignore this and leave this armor forever messed up.

This is a stylistic choice of wear and tear, the NPC wears different armour. Another version with a clean look.
What you should be asking for is "add alternative". Seen players asking that, but as you already know - no dice.

5 hours ago, Marge.4035 said:

This is a stylistic choice of wear and tear, the NPC wears different armour. Another version with a clean look.
What you should be asking for is "add alternative". Seen players asking that, but as you already know - no dice.

I don't believe so. The other armor sets of the same dungeon are perfectly clean. Why would this be the only one that is burnt and worn out? It's also not used by any NPC in the entire game. It makes no sense that only the player version of the armor looks like that.

It doesn't have to make "sense". These are two separate armour sets. It's not an error.

One is the obtainable dunegon set. The other one is the NPC wear. Both have the same mesh, both are copies of the same thing. But each has its unique texture. The wear and tear on the dunegon one is deliberate, I'd be more inclined to say it's the NPC wear, that's left with "unfinished", clean texture.

What doesn't make sense is that we don't have access to what NPC are wearing, be it armours or town clothes, or why some cultural armours can be worn by NPC of races they were not made for, see councillor Flax for example - in the early times we could even preview some of those armour pieces ourselves.
Only the dress used in mesmer presentation video back before GW2 launch was remade into an outfit a few years later as Exemplar's Attire.

But by all means keep asking, I hope to alchemy you didn't understand me wrong on this. I just think it's not an art issue, but more of an art request.

Edited by Marge.4035

On Light armor, not sure about other weights, when equipping the Wiinterday snow boots and choosing their dyes with any gloves equipped causes gloves and boots colors to bug. Stuff like hand prints appearing on the fur of the boots, half the fur to dye a completely different color from the rest, the boots straps to become reflective silver, gloves shifting colors in geometric shapes and other weird appearance changes based on the dye space you use. Tested on a Sylvari character not sure about other races.

On 10/20/2023 at 5:20 PM, teddybear.3509 said:

Visual Issue: Mistwalker infusion completely breaks the texture of the gemstore tattoo body skins (chest and legs)

Race: Charr    Gender: Male    Gear: Bestial Tides Tattoo Chest   Infusion: Mistwalker

(Note: I have specified the above only for the purpose of demonstration in the images below and for the sake of required formatting. This issue persists with the mistwalker infusion on all tattoo chest and leg skins on all races as far as I've seen. I've added an example on another race as the last image in the link.)

Description: When equipping the mistwalker infusion when you have any tattoo body or legging skin actively showing on the character, the character body texture (skin/fur details, tattoo details, etc.) completely breaks and distorts on the character model even causing the character's face texture to show on their chest in some cases (female norn specifically)

Do let me know if you need any additional clarification or further description/images.

Try the Mistwalker infusion with Radiant armor. I have no hands! I hope they fix this infusion as any armor with a glow affect is dulled or as mentioned about the radiant armor where the armor it's self is the glow it just removes the model area. I have no hands, you can see the shoulders of the chest piece, my kneecaps are gone and I have a hole in my head.

Human - Mesmer

Item: Salvaged Forged Gloves
Issue: Incorrect display of color of the flame particles

Detailed information: Whenever I dye the channel for the particle flame effects, It does not reflect the desired dye. This happens when I equip my Aurora Garb skin. However, If I use another skin It displays the correct dye color for the particles.

PS: I tried other chest pieces and I realized this bug only happens when you try to use chest skins that cover the arms.

https://imgur.com/SMhjg8J

https://imgur.com/9LMb1AP

https://imgur.com/ymtaIzV

Edited by Solomon.8501

In every winter's day instance, my character has been in its underwear all week long. I'm wearing normal armor with nothing special, no outfits. When I pop into the instance, I'm in my underwear and my armor doesn't come back until I leave. Other people can see it, and they make jokes about it, and apparently I'm the only one having this issue. It's getting really annoying, and almost embarrassing at this point.

On 12/15/2023 at 10:15 PM, strangewayes.2509 said:

In every winter's day instance, my character has been in its underwear all week long. I'm wearing normal armor with nothing special, no outfits. When I pop into the instance, I'm in my underwear and my armor doesn't come back until I leave. Other people can see it, and they make jokes about it, and apparently I'm the only one having this issue. It's getting really annoying, and almost embarrassing at this point.

Check what gear template you have on while in pvp lobby, as the wintersday activities use your pvp template and will automatically swap from pve to pvp template.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, BrightWingedBat.6829 said:

Check what gear template you have on while in pvp lobby, as the wintersday activities use your pvp template and will automatically swap from pve to pvp template.

You were 100% correct. Apparently no one except you knew that. Thank you VERY much.

Edited by strangewayes.2509

Visual - Engineer - Mace - Skill #1 -  Weapon trail visual effect from skill 1 (auto attacks) is longer than the weapon itself - Tested with various maces - Tested on char/Human/Norn(same issues)

Visual - Engineer - Hammer - Skill #1 - No weapon trail VFX on skill 1(auto attacks) - Tested on Norn/Char

*(Don't know if a bug or intended but compared to other classes) Visual - Necro - Greatsword - Skill #1 - weapon trail effect is lower (close to the hilt instead of the weapons edge like most classes) - Tested on human

Visual - Necro - Greatsword - Skill #4 - Weapon briefly float out of the hands during animation - Tested on Human

Visual - Warrior - Sword - Skill #2 - sword skill 2 has longer weapon trail effect ( 2 times de weapon length and doesn't affect skill range )  - Tested on Norn

Functionality - Warrior - Norn - Sword - Skill #2 - 1 out 3 times the skill misses the target ( simply jumps the target with full animation but no damage ) from mid to close range - Tested on Norn

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!
I recently bought the Infused_Aurora_Gloves_Skin and noticed a bug.

So with one sylvari I see the correct dyes displayed and with the other sylvari not.
Heres a link to the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/5RrwjeQ

Both characters are female.
Both characters are sylvari.
The character which displays the wrong dyes on the gloves is mesmer (screenshot below). The character which displays the correct dyes on the gloves is Ranger (upper screenshot).
Both characters use the exact same dyes on the gloves, but the upper picture (correct dye) has other dyes than the one below (which shows the wrong dyes).

The dye channel in the right corner below dyes the little sparks or stars popping up and some part of the glove. ---> displayed wrong on the mesmer.
The dye channel in the left corner below dyes the streams around the gloves. ---> displayed correctly on both characters.
Additionally, both dye channels below together dye the smoke around the gloves (which is sadly not visible on the screenshots). ---> displayed wrong on the mesmer.
The dye channel in the upper right corner dyes a part of the glove. ---> displayed correctly on both characters.
The dye channel in the upper left corner also dyes a part of the glove. ---> displayed correctly on both characters.

On the upper screenshot all dyes are displayed correct.
But the the screenshot below, the smoke around the gloves is always black, no matter what dyes you choose. The stars/sparks around the gloves are always red, no matter what dyes you choose.

And thats basically the whole bug.
I dont know if I explained it too complicated but I hope it was understandable anyway.
Basically the dye of the sparks/stars and the smoke of my mesmer (screenshot below) isnt dyed with color change but always stays the same. The dyes on my Ranger (upper screenshot) work perfectly fine and are correctly displayed.

I used a total makeover kit to edit some hair, face, dye of hair and glow on my sylvari mesmer and I didnt on my sylvari Ranger.
^This is probably part of the problem. Which is my guess at least.
For this part I also give the Dyes of both characters for Hair, Pattern color, Skin color and glow color used in the character selection or total makeover kit:

• Mesmer (displays wrong dyes on gloves):      Hair = Mulberry (exclusive dye)  | Pattern = Rose         | Skin = Blackberry  | Glow = Red
  • Ranger (displays correct dyes on gloves):       Hair = Midnight Fire                      | Pattern = Eggplant  | Skin = Periwinkle  | Glow = Iris

I just wanted to report this bug here.
Hope the Informations I gave help to fix this dye issue on the gloves.

Edited by SeTect.5918

• 2 weeks later...

Not buying the skin so I can confirm it in the world, but when previewing the Heretical Scholar’s Staff on norn and asura characters, the staff has no animation effects. On humans, sylvari and charr it seems ok.

Sometimes weapon skins don't show their FX in the preview (like the notorious bowstrings), but work ok in the world, so I dunno if that's the case again. Here's where I ask other players for help to confirm it.

Edited by Marge.4035

The new Dragon Descendant's Helm clipped on Female Charr's neck.

https://i.imgur.com/rkr46bK.png

I tried with everything in the Total Makeover Kit, but they all seem having the issue.

EDIT: The actual problem seems to be mixing with Holographic Dragon Plate (Dragon Bash Chest armor), swapping to something else solves the issue. Oh well.

Edited by maplemist.5897
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://imgur.com/Gvbecqz

i changed out a bunch of infusions today, and then i went back and looked at my toon and the shoulder pads either have distorted textures, or none at all. i dont know if the two have anything to do with one another.

edit: i think i figured it out by playing with the infusions. its the account bound +5 precision Mistwalker Infusion. I slotted it to a ring and banked it for now, but the bug is much more noticeable now that i changed the shoulder pads to a different pair in the video below.

https://imgur.com/TtiXrIV

Edited by Honeybee.8039
more information after playing with the infusions to find out what the problem was

• 2 weeks later...