this is the most imbalanced patch by far that we've had since PoF release

incisorr.9502

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Speaking of warrior;

'One Shot Warrior | GW2 | Core Warrior | WvW' by Special Snowflake

I won't defend whirling axe actually (though I don't know if a nerf is actually fair when there ARE counterarguments against nerfing it right now), but the people he's fighting zzz and it's open field too. I can understand if it's sPvP but zzz the people he's fighting is just residentsleeper

He does that build in sPvP he will die to retal. But that isn't it's final form. There IS a way to deal with retal but that isn't exactly the specific build that people should complain about. Here's to hoping nobody catches up to it yet.

Again I WON'T DEFEND WHIRLING AXE at it's current state once somebody figures out a way to deal with retal and makes it meta (Because I'm not one of those biased ranger/mesmer mains)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BlackTruth.6813 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Speaking of warrior;

'One Shot Warrior | GW2 | Core Warrior | WvW' by Special Snowflake

I won't defend whirling axe actually (though I don't know if a nerf is actually fair when there ARE counterarguments against nerfing it right now), but the people he's fighting zzz and it's open field too. I can understand if it's sPvP but zzz the people he's fighting is just residentsleeper

He does that build in sPvP he will die to retal. But that isn't it's final form. There IS a way to deal with retal but that isn't exactly the specific build that people should complain about. Here's to hoping nobody catches up to it yet.

Again
I WON'T DEFEND WHIRLING AXE
at it's current state once somebody figures out a way to deal with retal and makes it meta (Because I'm not one of those biased ranger/mesmer mains)

How its relevant to pvp at all ? Burnfall isnt burnfall if he dont post nonsense about WvW in PvP section...Biased ranger/mesmer mains.... Trevor incissor ?Sure . But once you look in the mirror you will find someone else who is delusional and biased just as they are ;)

^Because whirling axe timed correctly is actually insane (at least on point in sPvP). The only problem is no one knows how to deal with retal on whirling axe (there IS a synergy that allows it to ignore retal completely). The reason why no one uses whirling axe is simply because.. people underestimate it. It does have counters but once somebody figures out how to use it in sPvP I wont defend it.

Call me biased, sure. I can see it. But I try to not be biased at the least

@BlackTruth.6813 said:^Because whirling axe timed correctly is actually insane (at least on point in sPvP). The only problem is no one knows how to deal with retal on whirling axe (there IS a synergy that allows it to ignore retal completely). The reason why no one uses whirling axe is simply because.. people underestimate it. It does have counters but once somebody figures out how to use it in sPvP I wont defend it.

Call me biased, sure. I can see it. But I try to not be biased at the least

Its good in pve and even in PVE you can be interrupted easly. Same goes for pvp.Its bad even for being a gimmick surprise screaming INTERRUPT ME ! YOU CAN DO IT ! RIGHT NOOOOOW!!!Worry not , it wont need any defense ,everyone who complaint AXE offhand on warrior that take SHIELD spot (the best offhand in game probably) is just l2p

@"BadMed.3846" said:Condi Mirage is still the most hated spec in game for a reason. Balance is required in lower tiers too to ensure people can't just press a few buttons to secure easy kills. For them to learn the combat, we don't need a Dark Souls opponent.Delete Condi Mirage from game please if you can't nerf it properly.

then you realize this is subjective and your opinion doesn't mean anything

if you ask me the most hated spec in the game is herald and then thief. Balance isn't required in low tiers because a good player can beat ppl from low tiers with any class but that doesn't mean they'll be viable on high elo.

And yeah, at this point might as well delete condi mirage because it's complete garbage. It was pretty much deleted last patch but the spec is still in teh game so people can get baited into playing it. Axe nerf means the class has no damage whatsoever because before this axe nerf they nerfed the condition duration on every single skill and they also nerfed the shatters and now to kill a player with mirage half of the time you need to fight for 3 minutes in which time your team is going to lose the game if they're garbage.

Normal classes can finish up their 1v1s in 30sec-1min and then if they win they can go influence the map elsewhere and be rewarded for winning. You could do that as mirage before as well but now since the class received

get this 66 SIXTY SIXY PERCENT DAMAGE NERF on axe and 50% value nerf on F2 shatter, what the hell is this? LMAO. WHAT SORT OF A GAME DEV GOES IN AND DECIDES "LET'S NERF THIS CLASS BY 66% THAT'LL MAKE IT BALANCED"

Imagine if they nerfed half moves on a character in street fighter/tekken by 66%. Or if they nerfed AWP/AK in cs by 66%. Or if they nerfed a champ in league's skillset by 66%

they reduced torment stacks that axe applies from 3 to 1 while also nerfing confusion stacks and nerfing F2 shatter. Apparently it's okay for revenant to do 21k damage with A SINGLE UNRELENTING ASSAULT (with enhanced daggers) essentially ONESHOTTING people with an IFRAME skill but it's not okay for mirage to be able to put 30 torment stacks, which do like 1k damage per second if you're standing still and more if you're moving but can be cleansed and nobody good moves with 30 torment stacks in the first place. Oh and to get 30 torment stacks you needed to use your entire stamina bar and 3 times more skills. And it would still do less damage than revenant's one skill.

and you know, over time with mirage you can still win, the problem is that fights take 3 minutes instead 30 seconds like before and in that time you have zero influence on the map and are RELYING on your teammates to be able to do their job, being skilled doesn't give you any advantage as mirage any more. You're better off playing something else, winning in 30sec and then moving around

never seen a patch as bad as this one in any game

@"BadMed.3846" said:Condi Mirage is still the most hated spec in game for a reason. Balance is required in lower tiers too to ensure people can't just press a few buttons to secure easy kills. For them to learn the combat, we don't need a Dark Souls opponent.Delete Condi Mirage from game please if you can't nerf it properly.

At this point in time all I see is scrapper hate whenever I zone into Heart of The Mists and read map chat. "Scrapper is cancer." "What was anet thinking when they buffed scrapper?" "Whoever designed scrapper should be fired." ect. ect. ect. I think it's safe to say there is a new most hated spec.

It's also funny because throughout Season 13, 14 and 15 I've only ever seen you on Boonbeast, which is one of the builds that at least until the March balance patch had absolutely no excuse ever losing to a condition mirage 1v1 ever and should always win the 1v1 and the node every time and you still whine about the build.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Flandre.2870 said:@incisorr.9502 People thought mirage was disgusting so anet gave them scrapper :)

While scrapper surely needs nerfs, condi Mirage is the height of effortless success. Only trash players can defend it as they can't play anything else.

This is cluelessness at its finest. Nothing about mirage was effortless. If you think you press random buttons and things work out I have bad news. Any competent guardian or engi would have blown you off in seconds. I used to farm these “trash” mirages for the last year. Cuz like you, they think it is effortless and then they get demolished. So let’s stop talking about silver struggles.

The nerfs remove condi mesmer from sPvP. There is a reason why almost every Mesmer now is either playing chrono bunker or shatter.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Flandre.2870 said:@"incisorr.9502" People thought mirage was disgusting so anet gave them scrapper :)

While scrapper surely needs nerfs, condi Mirage is the height of effortless success. Only trash players can defend it as they can't play anything else.

Sounds like you just couldn't play and unfortunately it also sounds like the balance team of this last patch are people like you or even your friends because the patch notes make no sense whatsoever when it comes to competitive gameplay

i wonder how does it feel for 2 people to troll thousands of people playing the game by doing some random balance changes that make no sense. Maybe you couldn't beat mirage but other people could and the class was already under-represented in high elo and competitive play before the nerfs even happened.

Also if you think mirage was "effortless" then you've clearly never gotten out of gold.Stamina management, illusion management, 4 shatters and playing with inferior damage type which can be removed before its even applied sure sound like it's effortless tho

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Flandre.2870 said:@incisorr.9502 People thought mirage was disgusting so anet gave them scrapper :)

For three seasons you've mained
Boonbeast

You're wrong. I mostly played core ranger .

@incisorr.9502 said:

Sounds like you just couldn't play and unfortunately it also sounds like the balance team of this last patch are people like you or even your friends because the patch notes make no sense whatsoever when it comes to competitive gameplay

i wonder how does it feel for 2 people to troll thousands of people playing the game by doing some random balance changes that make no sense. Maybe you couldn't beat mirage but other people could and the class was already under-represented in high elo and competitive play before the nerfs even happened.

Also if you think mirage was "effortless" then you've clearly never gotten out of gold.Stamina management, illusion management, 4 shatters and playing with inferior damage type which can be removed before its even applied sure sound like it's effortless tho

I have been able to beat Mirages. But that doesn't mean they are balanced. Defence mechanisms and Condi application rate are way over the top. Even 50% nerf will achieve little.Your long posts are not going to change the facts.

i love how subjective and twisted those facts of yours are. If people like these are the ones who's feedback is listened then wow

let me try using your style

"Here's a fact.The less Revenant/Thief play PvP the healthier the Gamemode"

it's literally 1:1 and you can't say that i'm wrong because if you say that then you're wrong as well

@otto.5684 said:

This is cluelessness at its finest. Nothing about mirage was effortless. If you think you press random buttons and things work out I have bad news. Any competent guardian or engi would have blown you off in seconds. I used to farm these “trash” mirages for the last year. Cuz like you, they think it is effortless and then they get demolished. So let’s stop talking about silver struggles.

The nerfs remove condi mesmer from sPvP. There is a reason why almost every Mesmer now is either playing chrono bunker or shatter.Pretty much what I've been seeing this season so far. But I don't see any Chrono bunkers but rather condi Mirage which are practically negated by the two Scrappers on the opposing team or power Mirage.

This is a pretty power dependent meta so I'm seeing more Revenants and power Mirages than previously. But that doesn't mean condi Mirage is weak, it's just not the optimal pick.

@phokus.8934 said:

The nerfs remove condi mesmer from sPvP. There is a reason why almost every Mesmer now is either playing chrono bunker or shatter.Pretty much what I've been seeing this season so far. But I don't see any Chrono bunkers but rather condi Mirage which are practically negated by the two Scrappers on the opposing team or power Mirage.

This is a pretty power dependent meta so I'm seeing more Revenants and power Mirages than previously. But that doesn't mean condi Mirage is weak, it's just not the optimal pick.A wild mesmer expert arrived ! 50-70% damage nerfs doesnt make something weak indeed. /sI wish every other class get their damage reduced by 70% and I would come to tell them their class is fine ,they arent weak,they are just not optimal pick anymore xD

@phokus.8934 said:

@Flandre.2870 said:@"incisorr.9502" People thought mirage was disgusting so anet gave them scrapper :)

This is a pretty power dependent meta so I'm seeing more Revenants and power Mirages than previously. But that doesn't mean condi Mirage is weak, it's just not the optimal pick.

who? you're on eu right?

there isn't a single condi mirage other than me and i'm just messing around with different builds and im also playing power cus condi is garbage

altho power mirage is also garbage cus its the demolisher meta and in general the only viable mesmer spec is chrono and even chrono isn't as good as the actual best classes in the game

You know i was thinking to myself while playing my power build. .. i remember all the rage about condi mirages i saw on streams like jawgeous and ROM (and others but those are the most active) and i remember how every night one of these players would have a rant about mirage and how thijsken or boyce and friends would also say that mirage is the most broken class and you know why?

BECAUSE THEY PLAY DEMOLISHER AMULET AND HAVE LOW HP WHILE ALSO RUNNING LOW CONDI REMOVAL so they're basically playing a hardcounter to power builds and have barely any tools to deal with condi and when they lose to a class they get countered by it's apparently a " BROKEN CLASS , LETS GO CRY ABOUT IT TO THE DEVS " and now condi mirage is unplayable and it's funny to see how with power mirage's power lock i hit some players for 2400 dmg crit and then i hit a demo/protection guy for 800 damage with the same skill and you suddenly get the idea

warrior/soulbeast/holo are all demolisher classes and they are super broken vs power builds but weak vs condi builds BY DESIGN and that' why they were BIASED and non-stop cried about how broken condi mirage is when they were countered by it by design and condi mirage hasn't been broken for 10~ months and now it's completely unplayable cus it was reduced to beyond garbage tier with 50-66% dmg nerf on different values, nevermind that mirage already had hard counters

it's funny how even good players lack objectivity at times and because of their horrible feedback now the class is dead and they can abuse their demo amulets vs only power meta

the hypocrisy in this community is through the roof

Archived