Chance at getting a rare drop

Dra.3491

Between 1 and infinite.

The drop rate is VERY low. I guarantee you, if you spent the time on farming gold and buying the sword off the TP, you'd be faster. You could obviously occasionally do Jormag and hope you get lucky. The benefit, if the sword drops for you and you already have it, you can sell it and make your gold back.

Remember the chest from the meta event, namely the

can be looted once per day per character.

So if crafting it is undesirable, your best bet is to:

• Max out your character slots and do the event with each and every one of them every day you have the opportunity
  • Use/buy any boosts you can get that increases magic find before doing the event, including Guild Enhancements (for magic find)
  • Obtain an ascended amulet and slot it with this enrichment (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magical_Enrichment) for an additional 20% magic find buffer

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Magic find does not affect chests ...

Even if it did, 5x the chance of "virtually no chance" remains "virtually no chance."

As @Cyninja.2954 says it's far, far faster to save gold, buy off the TP.

Or well.. just craft it through Mystic Forge, that will cost around 100g.

I didnt even know this item can drop from the chest, i thought you can only make it using the Mystic Forge recipe lel.

As most of the items in the this game, rare drops included, are not account bound (or bind on acquire), I suspect the design philosophy was: have an absurdly low drop rate, but allow uninterested players to sell it to interested players on the trade post.

Many moons ago I wanted to buy this staff for my Daredevil: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Lightward%27s_Battlestaff

I ended up buying it off the TP (shockingly for about 50% of what it costs today), but since that time, I've opened hundreds (thousands?) of the Airship Cargo containers, and have yet to see it drop.

As people above have stated, it's far easier to just farm the gold you need to buy what you want, and should you be lucky in the future and get it to drop for you, well, then you get to cash it in on the TP and let another player enjoy that skin.

@Glider.5792 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Magic find does not affect chests ...

Even if it did, 5x the chance of "virtually no chance" remains "virtually no chance."

As @Cyninja.2954 says it's far, far faster to save gold, buy off the TP.

Or well.. just craft it through Mystic Forge, that will cost around 100g.

I didnt even know this item can drop from the chest, i thought you can only make it using the Mystic Forge recipe lel.

That is another indicator of its low drop rate. Usually for things that are both a drop and crafted the crafting option is typically more expensive. This can be seen in the other two weapons that drop from the same place, Wintersbite and Wintersbark.

Archived