Please delete unstoppable union

Derm.4932

Who is the topic starter? Bronze /silver chrono/scrapper/fb who can't dodge?

Unblockable attacks are such counter play like boonrip/corrupt, for example spellbreakers full counter have same cd, Unblockable and boon rip.

Uu and sic em have icons : see them - slbst going to attack, use dodges invulnerables and etc. Learn to play.

Wanna counter slbst - get closer. In PvP point capture mode it no so difficult.With millions of blocks and projectives hate longbow without Unblockable useless a little more than tottaly.

There are many topics like "scrapper - too op, new bunkers meta" and ppl complain about counter measures.

Power soulbeasts use it for 1.5 year but qqs start most recently.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Quadox.7834 said:Having a few specific strategic unblockables is fine, like dragonhunter deflecting shot, so you can interrupt a block and punish. 4 seconds unblockable for all attacks on a 10 (minimum) sec cd is not even close to being fine.

Again, you'll never see that in actual play.Its like saying a Druid has 30%+ stealth uptime and a full cleanse every 11 seconds in wvw. If all you're doing is activating those traits you're ignoring the majority of your specialization mechanics.I'm pretty much with @Cyric.7813 on this one. If you see the unblockable and sic 'em icons on that ranger's bar, dodge, use an evasion ability, stand behind some terrain, interrupt them (this game has tons of gap closers) or pop an invulnerability.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:Having a few specific strategic unblockables is fine, like dragonhunter deflecting shot, so you can interrupt a block and punish. 4 seconds unblockable for
all attacks
on a 10 (minimum) sec cd is not even close to being fine.

Again, you'll never see that in actual play.Its like saying a Druid has 30%+ stealth uptime and a full cleanse every 11 seconds in wvw. If all you're doing is activating those traits you're
ignoring
the majority of your specialization mechanics.Can you rephrase, I don't quite get your point.I'm pretty much with @Cyric.7813 on this one. If you see the unblockable and sic 'em icons on that ranger's bar, dodge, use an evasion ability, stand behind some terrain, interrupt them (this game has tons of gap closers) or pop an invulnerability.

~ KovuIf it was a couple of hits or maybe 1-2 seconds this would be legit counterplay.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:Having a few specific strategic unblockables is fine, like dragonhunter deflecting shot, so you can interrupt a block and punish. 4 seconds unblockable for
all attacks
on a 10 (minimum) sec cd is not even close to being fine.

Again, you'll never see that in actual play.Its like saying a Druid has 30%+ stealth uptime and a full cleanse every 11 seconds in wvw. If all you're doing is activating those traits you're
ignoring
the majority of your specialization mechanics.Can you rephrase, I don't quite get your point.I'm pretty much with @Cyric.7813 on this one. If you see the unblockable and sic 'em icons on that ranger's bar, dodge, use an evasion ability, stand behind some terrain, interrupt them (this game has tons of gap closers) or pop an invulnerability.

~ KovuIf it was a couple of hits or maybe 1-2 seconds this would be legit counterplay.

The same thing could be said about blocks in the first place. Between blocks, evasion frames and invulnerabilities some professions can entirely negate 4 out of 5 longbow attacks for quite some time. If that ranger just swapped into longbow, welp, they'd better deal with the fact that they're useless for 9 seconds. If they changed unblockable effects to only affect a number of attacks I'd expect the same change to every single ability in the game that blocks in the first place. (I understand that would basically be another form of aegis, I'm just making the comparison.)

What I meant is that you'll never run into a decent ranger that procs Unstoppable Union every 10~11 seconds because they wouldn't have it for the stun break element and if they're leaving beastmode as soon as they enter it they're not benefiting from the increased stats, non-instant-cast abilities that benefit the ranger while in beastmode or the merged skills associated with beastmode.

~ Kovu

@Cyric.7813 said:Who is the topic starter? Bronze /silver chrono/scrapper/fb who can't dodge?

Uu and sic em have icons : see them - slbst going to attack, use dodges invulnerables and etc. Learn to play.

You realize that no one is going to pop sicem and uu, wait a little bit, then burst right? They're instant casts...you use them the frame before your attacks hit when it is too late to adjust for unblockable. How you going to call people bronze and then proceed to say something that only a bronze player would think is a viable strategy? Even boyce thinks this trait is too strong and he is easily the best Ranger right now.

@lightningz.1465 said:Sic'em and unstoppable union needed to bop that scrapper, one of the reason why many soulbeast switch from boonbeast to sic'em sniper..hope anet doesn't nerf it to oblivion..

You can nerf scrapper and the power damage creep in builds like Sic Em Sniper at the same time. Fancy how that works.

I'm sick of seeing Soulbeast used to justify scrapper and scrapper used to justify soulbeast as things that should be allowed to exist at that level of power creep.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@lightningz.1465 said:Sic'em and unstoppable union needed to bop that scrapper, one of the reason why many soulbeast switch from boonbeast to sic'em sniper..hope anet doesn't nerf it to oblivion..

You can nerf scrapper and the power damage creep in builds like Sic Em Sniper at the same time. Fancy how that works.

I'm sick of seeing Soulbeast used to justify scrapper and scrapper used to justify soulbeast as things that should be allowed to exist at that level of power creep.

This^Though cant say I'm surprised at people making such silly arguements to try and justify their carry class lmao we need sic em to deal with scrappers and game needs scrapper like sustain to deal with sic em builds lol wow.

@Derm.4932 said:

@Cyric.7813 said:Who is the topic starter? Bronze /silver chrono/scrapper/fb who can't dodge?

You realize that no one is going to pop sicem and uu, wait a little bit, then burst right? They're instant casts...you use them the frame before your attacks hit when it is too late to adjust for unblockable. How you going to call people bronze and then proceed to say something that only a bronze player would think is a viable strategy? Even boyce thinks this trait is too strong and he is easily the best Ranger right now.

nah, nobody complains about powermesmer's stealthburst, that can oneshot even in nowadays( i was with maradeur amulet+divinity runes), i dont see anything wrong in sic em and uu, ranger not so effective if somebody press him in melee combat, thats fair

@Cyric.7813 said:

nah, nobody complains about powermesmer's stealthburst, that can oneshot even in nowadays( i was with maradeur amulet+divinity runes), i dont see anything wrong in sic em and uu, ranger not so effective if somebody press him in melee combat, thats fair

Um everyone complains about mesmer burst mostly mirage, to a point they got tired of complaining lol

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Derm.4932 said:This adept trait literally nullifies the entire point of projectile hate against the class where you need to make use of it the most.Spammable unblockable bursts from range was too strong on deadeye, and it's too strong on soulbeast(
for the effort provided
) as well.

Where there is projectile hate, there needs to be a counter too. That's exactly what is going on. Don't be too greedy. Scrappers are still too hard to kill. Other balanced professions like warrior are doing just fine with their abilities.

No there is no need to creat a counter for a counter. This how the game becomes a spam fest. If projectile reflection/block is an issue, you reduce the accessibility to it, not creat unblockable ranged attacks..

This goes for blocking/unblockable and boons/boon rip. You cannot solve the excessive counters problem by creating counters for counters.

And ranger (and not only ranger) should not have access to unblockable attacks.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Um everyone complains about mesmer burst mostly mirage, to a point they got tired of complaining lol

Archived