Berserker change opinion:

Ronharshadow.5246

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:It's good but I still feel like I am not doing enough damage.Am I doing something wrong? What builds do you guys have that give you the most dps and is it viable compared to other damaging builds or even to BS?

You,re not the only one that have feel ther is not enough damage.As patch notes stated:"Those willing to take the risks should find higher damage output than other, more durable, warrior options." But in truth you get tradeoff and get even less dps than before patch.Core warr does more stable dps and is less clunky.

What solution can there be? My thought is doubling the power and condi (300 to 600) with the -300 toughness staying the same. Maybe also having the primal bursts give out more damage (10-30%?) and increase the uptime of beserk (possibly for 2-4 seconds) and making it count as 3 adrenaline for Adrenal health and Berserker's power.

This will help players stay in beserk mode and give them the insensitive to stay in it. I still dont know whether this is enough.

It's terrible. Even for PVE. It was a huge damage nerf. No more Always Angry gives you just a small window to play and 12 seconds of plain waiting. No more burst while waiting for Berseker cooldown is also anti-fun. Whoever made this changes needs to be send again to game design school. It is BORING now to be a power berseker, please give me back the power berseker I had before. I don't want to be forced to use the warrior rage utilities just to have an extra few seconds. This is stupid.

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:I was so happy that ANET wanted to change the berserker but now I just feel disappointed. I feel like they can redeem themselves by adjusting dps though I've also heard how it screwed up condi berserker but right now, not a lot of people are satisfied with the changes.

Being 100% honest. I couldn't care less for numbers if the class is not fun to play. The class is just boring now. Like really boring. Forced to used rage skills to gain a few more seconds of it? Boring is how I describe it.

@Crusader.7460 said:

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:It's good but I still feel like I am not doing enough damage.Am I doing something wrong? What builds do you guys have that give you the most dps and is it viable compared to other damaging builds or even to BS?

You,re not the only one that have feel ther is not enough damage.As patch notes stated:"Those willing to take the risks should find higher damage output than other, more durable, warrior options." But in truth you get tradeoff and get even less dps than before patch.Core warr does more stable dps and is less clunky.

Perhaps in pve, but in wvw I'm literally watching berserker's kill people before the stun wears off bulls charge.

@Bezerker.2379 said:Perhaps in pve, but in wvw I'm literally watching berserker's kill people before the stun wears off bulls charge.

Its the first few hours of the patch. People will become smarter and understand that 'If I dodge or kite around the target I won't get hit!'Then again, idk the average intelligence of a GW2 wvw player.I still they ANET should buff berserker at least in PVE

@Mesket.5728 said:

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:I was so happy that ANET wanted to change the berserker but now I just feel disappointed. I feel like they can redeem themselves by adjusting dps though I've also heard how it screwed up condi berserker but right now, not a lot of people are satisfied with the changes.

Being 100% honest. I couldn't care less for numbers if the class is not fun to play. The class is just boring now. Like really boring. Forced to used rage skills to gain a few more seconds of it? Boring is how I describe it.

I don't get that complaint ... there was NO option to gain more berserker time prior to the patch .. yet that was LESS boring? Explain? You could set your watch to the berserker rotation ... how is that MORE engaging and exciting than having options to build around increased berserker time?

I get people have complaints ... but if you want to be listened to, they better make some sense. At this point, people are just saying anything. If berserker is boring, it's CERTAINLY not because you can adjust it's duration with Rage skills. That's just ridiculous.

As for the condi zerker ... the concept was kind of stupid in the first place. I don't know how Anet will resolve that, but they really should because it wasn't that good even before the patch. it felt dumb ... OH WATCH ME GO BERSERK!!!! ... and fire flaming arrows on you from 1200 or set you up with drawn out DoTs. How ... underwhelming.

@Mesket.5728 said:Being 100% honest. I couldn't care less for numbers if the class is not fun to play. The class is just boring now. Like really boring. Forced to used rage skills to gain a few more seconds of it? Boring is how I describe it.That could be an issue for some players but I don't see it, do you have any new solutions to this or should it be reverted back?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:I was so happy that ANET wanted to change the berserker but now I just feel disappointed. I feel like they can redeem themselves by adjusting dps though I've also heard how it screwed up condi berserker but right now, not a lot of people are satisfied with the changes.

I don't get that complaint ... there was NO option to gain more berserker time prior to the patch .. yet that was LESS boring? Explain? You could set your watch to the berserker rotation ... how is that MORE engaging and exciting than having options to build around increased berserker time?

I get people have complaints ... but if you want to be listened to, they better make some sense. At this point, people are just saying anything. If berserker is boring, it's CERTAINLY not because you can adjust it's duration with Rage skills. That's just ridiculous.

As for the condi zerker ... the concept was kind of stupid in the first place. I don't know how Anet will resolve that, but they really should because it wasn't that good even before the patch. it felt dumb ... OH WATCH ME GO BERSERK!!!! ... and fire flaming arrows on you from 1200 or set you up with drawn out DoTs. How ... underwhelming.

what options to build around? you have 3 rage skills and 3 slots. 1 elite rage skill, and 1 elite slot. That's it. If anything you have less options now cause you are kinda forced to take some of them while you didn't have to before. You used to have options, now you don't. Always Angry gave some "usefulness" when Berskeker ended. I know that its just numbers but it was that feeling that as long as you were engaged in the battle you were fierce and you still had that F1 to do something mechanic-wise which you can't do right now, just wait for another 12 secs to immediately press that button. I feel this changes made the class boring. Simple as I said it. I logged in, tried it out and logged out completely disappointed.

ps. I'm talking about power berseker. Condi berseker was a brain fart someone had on the dev room that I still can't conceive concept-wise.

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:

@Mesket.5728 said:Being 100% honest. I couldn't care less for numbers if the class is not fun to play. The class is just boring now. Like really boring. Forced to used rage skills to gain a few more seconds of it? Boring is how I describe it.That could be an issue for some players but I don't see it, do you have any new solutions to this or should it be reverted back?

Not that it wouldn't imply another overhaul. I would be so happy if this was just a bad joke and they reverted it. I don't get why they need to change what it is not broken.

Like removing buttons and removing options from us was a huge step backwards. The always angry trait removal is arguable. The other thematic changes are nice! But overall Berserker really has been hit hard in all the wrong ways. If y'all were worried about DPS... like.... just adjust dps, don't make the class less FUN to play. Ugh

@mordefelix.5826 said:Like removing buttons and removing options from us was a huge step backwards. The always angry trait removal is arguable. The other thematic changes are nice! But overall Berserker really has been hit hard in all the wrong ways. If y'all were worried about DPS... like.... just adjust dps, don't make the class less FUN to play. Ugh

yeah I needed Always Angry so it doesn't feel a class a on a timer... now it DOES feel a class on a timer, specially removing F1. There is nothing to do while you wait, you are just a piece of a character. Horrible.

@Mesket.5728 said:

what options to build around? you have 3 rage skills and 3 slots. 1 elite rage skill, and 1 elite slot. That's it. If anything you have less options now cause you are kinda forced to take some of them while you didn't have to before. You used to have options, now you don't.

That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker duration, you load up on rage skills but to be honest, I don't think that's the optimal berserker uptime build bceause you can't get perma zerker mode anyways. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker time if you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from most rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them primarily for that purpose anyways; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills on your bar.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now. Here is the hint ... you can't rotate into a 100% berserker uptime anyways ... so some of those rage skills are not worth taking JUST for the duration increase. If you think you don't have options, it's because you aren't thinking. I can't help but think that's actually intentional because it's not unreasonable to think that being in berserker 100% isn't the concept behind the elite spec anyways.

@Obtena.7952 said:That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker uptime, you load up on rage skills. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker timeif you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them for that purpose; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now.

That's a bit false, rage skills before helped fuel the main mechanic, adrenaline, which assisted in the buildup of the next berserk and/or use of Burst skills, both Primal and non-Primal.

What Mesket is saying, is that by forcing Rage skills to be the only method which sustains Berserk State, which is now a requirement to use the all-important Burst skills Warrior is built around for many of the traits, you now give Warrior a forced choice in getting access to those Burst skills via more uptime from Rage skills and giving up on normal utilities, or having a lesser Berserk uptime thus less Bursts.

In other words, right now Berserk state is too hard to maintain without Rage, you WANT to be in Berserk always to have access to Bursts. Because giving up the normal utilities makes Berserker very weak.

@Obtena.7952 said:

what options to build around? you have 3 rage skills and 3 slots. 1 elite rage skill, and 1 elite slot. That's it. If anything you have less options now cause you are kinda forced to take some of them while you didn't have to before. You used to have options, now you don't.

That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker duration, you load up on rage skills but to be honest, I don't think that's the optimal berserker uptime build bceause you can't get perma zerker mode anyways. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker time if you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from most rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them primarily for that purpose anyways; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills on your bar.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now. Here is the hint ... you can't rotate into a 100% berserker uptime anyways ... so some of those rage skills are not worth taking JUST for the duration increase. If you think you don't have options, it's because you aren't thinking.

I don 't care to increase my berseker duration! IT WAS NOT NEEDED! The class was fun anyway, now its not. Can I extend for as long as the fight goes? (THAT is the only question that matters) or is just a few more seconds with the forced 12 seconds of nothingness behind?

IMHO, Warrior is already getting a massive trade-off for access to damage increases and new Burst skills by having their Toughness drop down to a light armor level. It should be effortless to maintain 100% Berserk uptime without costing more than 1 utility slot for a Rage skill to assist in this.

@"Sykper.6583" said:IMHO, Warrior is already getting a massive trade-off for access to damage increases and new Burst skills by having their Toughness drop down to a light armor level. It should be effortless to maintain 100% Berserk uptime without costing more than 1 utility slot for a Rage skill to assist in this.

Ok first of all. The damage trade off increases for what Skyper.6583? There was no trade off beecause the loss of always angry has pretty much just balanced out the damage. It was just a nerf overall with toughness bringing us to glass cannon levels. We lost 7 percent damage overall and 7 percent condi damage. And with how berserk works our damage has decreased if you're playing a traditional condi banner slave. And it's not effortless by the way, not a single snowcrows member is maintaining 100% berserk uptime with just ONE utility slot for a rage skill to assist in this. They're using an elite skill and one utility skill for banner slave. You want to tell me that I can do 100% berserk uptime without costing more than 1 utility slot for a rage skill? Get out of here with your "BS" (no pun intended).

@Mesket.5728 said:

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now. Here is the hint ... you can't rotate into a 100% berserker uptime anyways ... so some of those rage skills are not worth taking JUST for the duration increase. If you think you don't have options, it's because you aren't thinking.

I don 't care to increase my berseker duration! IT WAS NOT NEEDED! The class was fun anyway, now its not. Can I extend for as long as the fight goes? (THAT is the only question that matters) or is just a few more seconds with the forced 12 seconds of nothingness behind?

Then why are you talking about loading up on rage skills and having no options? Why ELSE would you take a full hotbar of rage skills in the first place? I don't even know what options you say are missing. Maybe you are implying that the loss of the F2 skill is the massive difference between having options and NOT having them? That's pretty sensational and rather silly ... certainly it's a reduction in a single skill, but the options haven't really changed because F1/F2 skills weren't options in the first place ... they were fixed skills. In otherwords you couldn't change them as an option iwth a different skill.

If you are complaining about timing, that really hasn't changed much ... you spend some time in berserker, you spend some out ... just like before. The difference is that a player can affect the time in. 12 seconds of nothingness now is the same 12 seconds of nothingness before, so it's comical to complain about that. Of course you can't infinitely extend for as long as the fight lasts ... why would anyone expect you could based on knowing how berserker concept works? The intent is clear .. berserker is a semi-permanent burst mode for DPS gain. if that doesn't work for you, do something else.

If there is any valid complaint, it's that the dps 'gain' is pretty pathetic and again, berserker traitline is a very ON/OFF sort of thing ... it's useless when you aren't in berserker mode, so you are effectively playing a fraction of the time with only two engaged traitlines. I'm not sure how Anet has failed to see that because they already messed that up hard on release with Necro and shroud ... but still, they did it here.