War Eternal Supply Drop: A Dilemma

Keth.3495

I'm thinking of purchasing the War Eternal Supply Drop, as it appears to be a good value. However, I'm in a bit of a dilemma over the mount skins. I am a returning player after years of being away from the game (I left before the first expansion), and the only mount I have right now is the raptor. Luckily, there is a raptor skin I like in the Exotic Breeds collection, but my absolute favorite mount skin that I've seen is the Snow Stalker griffon skin. I am nowhere near close to unlocking the griffon right now (I sure don't have that much gold!). What would you fine folks do? Get the skin you like best so it's ready once you unlock, or pick another skin that can be enjoyed immediately?

I bought it because at minimum you get 2 Select Mount licenses, one for the Exotic Breeds set, and another for the older mount collections, each of which is worth 1200gems, so everything else you get from the pack is technically free.

Btw, once you get the license into your inventory, you don't have to use it right now. You can stash it away and use it whenever, so if you change your mind and want a new raptor skin right away, go for it.

For me, I needed the Primeval Griff skin from the Exotic Breeds, and then also picked up the Starscale Raptor fro Desert Racer collection.

My issue is that 99% of my time is spent on either Griffon or Raptor. Spring and Skimmer come out rarely, and when they do, aren't used for terribly long, so I don't worry too much about their skins. (that said, I have the Starscale Skimmer skin and the Sargol Thunderer Springer skin, so I have skins I really like anyways). That's why I didn't decide to get either the Brisban Bushtail (so cute) or the Irontail.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@Gemnaid.4219 said:I wouldn’t spend money on a game I barely played

But you will take the time to post in its forum. Hmm.

Gemnaid isn't saying she barely plays the game; she is pointing how the OP mentions how he barely plays the game (he has just returned after years of being away, and has not played much yet, so he only has one mount unlocked and doesn't have much gold), and yet is going to buy something relatively expensive (the Supply Drop).

@Erasculio.2914 said:

Gemnaid isn't saying she barely plays the game; she is pointing how the OP mentions how he barely plays the game (he has just returned after years of being away, and has not played much yet, so he only has one mount unlocked and doesn't have much gold), and yet is going to buy something relatively expensive (the Supply Drop).

Fair enough, but I've played enough to know I'll continue to play for a while, and as I said, I consider the package to be worthwhile. I know not everyone will see the same value in it as I do.

@Erasculio.2914 said:

But that's exactly how the game is made, so you can hop in and out at your leisure, play when you want for as long as you want...it's a game, it's entertainment, spending money on this game is actually better than spending it on a movie or some other one off form of entertainment(yes, it's technically a virtual commodity that you don't really own, but you spend $15 to see a movie once, you want to see it again, spend another $15, at least with buying a virtual commodity in an online game it will be there tomorrow as long as the game doesn't shut down).

Archived