Important: Can the team please reevaluate map currencies?

I completely understand that the team wants players on maps, but it's not exciting to spend 15 minutes doing an activity that nets you 1 map currency from a chest. Nor is it exciting to go from node to node through a zone and only get a few of X currency... Or to redo the same heart quests over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... just to be able to purchase 5 of X currency until the next day...

For some, I can guarantee that the prospect of gathering 250 of each currency from 7 zones isn't something that's really exciting. It becomes a test of endurance and tolerance, and can make some players feel really negative about the team and game. And the way the team has handled map currencies up to this point is similar to the pre-rewards improvements for HoT (which was a boring and monotonous and not fun grind). Post-HoT, the devs revealed on a live stream (that I'm not looking for) that they were improving HoT rewards to "value player time" (and I'm sure some other cool words players like to hear that I can't remember) and people were happy... Having said that, I think maybe it's time to reevaluate sources of map currency, awarded amounts from quests and events, purchasable amounts... you name it.. That way players can experience less of the "it's a grind" feeling and more of a "yeah, this is pretty cool" feeling while they revisit and play through these zones over and over and over again...

Thank you for reading!

I will repeat the same thing:

Devd should reduce it to 100. At this point, honestly, I'm really exhausted with this collection, and all I want is to finish this damn collection. They should have let us buy it only with VM.

People will come to defend the collection, I will not change my opinion. It should have been 100.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:They won't. It's attached to a confirmed legendary collection. They want you to grind this stuff out because a big reward is at the end.

They will not change it for anything so no point in trying to fight at this point.

Attached to a collection that reuses the skin and effects of Aurora. Really original.

Doesn't matter. Still a legendary no matter the creativity points. The dream's dead, so might as well either accept it or don't, and just move on.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:They won't. It's attached to a confirmed legendary collection. They want you to grind this stuff out because a big reward is at the end.

They will not change it for anything so no point in trying to fight at this point.

Attached to a collection that reuses the skin and effects of Aurora. Really original.

Wait what???? The same effect? Is that confirmed?

@Clyan.1593 said:

Yes. It's literally just Aurora but with a more 'liquid' effect

@Clyan.1593 said:

It's literally Aurora, but the orbs are liquid.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@"Lilyanna.9361" said:They won't. It's attached to a confirmed legendary collection. They want you to grind this stuff out because a big reward is at the end.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:

@"Lilyanna.9361" said:They won't. It's attached to a confirmed legendary collection. They want you to grind this stuff out because a big reward is at the end.

Well ok, but thats is acceptable to me. Its not exactly the same, i actually like it.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I will repeat the same thing:

Devd should reduce it to 100. At this point, honestly, I'm really exhausted with this collection, and all I want is to finish this kitten collection. They should have let us buy it only with VM.

People will come to defend the collection, I will not change my opinion. It should have been 100.

Most players (there is a poll) don't want it reduced. Also this is nothing. The skyscale is some kind of prereq for the legendary trinket Vision which wants like 3 times, if not more, currency. And this is OK - it is a legendary after all and the skyscale is a prereq of a legendary. Remember the Aurora and the prereq asc backpack - it has 15 days timegate + tons of farming. It is similar now - just the asc back is a mount. Deal with it and move on ;)

its no excuse that’s a legendary. i crafted nevermore precursor in 5 days (the collection) and in 11 days i had the legendary.i wait for a nerf. i haven’t even started with the new mount. first i am forced to do story so it’s a no go.map currency’s. living world 3 maps where awesome. and played some of them much. but for ls4 i got there and left in half hour. even the maps are beautiful. i don’t do much in the new maps. yes shatterer 2.0 but waste of time if only i go for the infusion. i am a loot goblin. if loot is disappointed i don’t come back much. i mostly doing hot maps or core tyria maps.

and i have build some nice things in those few years but i think if new players see all the work they give up. imagine the mastery points and lvls first from hot till the mastery lvl now. before you can enjoy all the advantages you are 1 year further.

and ppl say if anet lower the currency then there are mad ppl. but ppl who don’t get the nerf are also mad so it’s 50/50

i hope i am on topic. if not. then i am very sorry.

@Swagger.1459 said:I completely understand that the team wants players on maps, but it's not exciting to spend 15 minutes doing an activity that nets you 1 map currency from a chest. Nor is it exciting to go from node to node through a zone and only get a few of X currency..

farming it the best thing. you can watch TV, Netflix, Hockey, Twitch and just follow TACO Markers.

IMO the biggest issue is that the balance of the map is not the same.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:Pro-tip. Get couple of alts and do the hearts. And you will get 250 in no time.

and burnout ;-)

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Yes. It's literally just Aurora but with a more 'liquid' effectLiquid effect is only when both Vision and Aurora are equipped. Vision alone has the old Aurora effects, perfectly copied.

If you have the home instance nodes you'll get over 250 in less than three months of literally doing nothing more than harvesting your home instance.

Think of the 3 a day you get from your home instance node as a "bonus" trickle of mats and volatile magic.

@Pifil.5193 said:

i wait for a nerf. i haven’t even started with the new mount. first i am forced to do story so it’s a no go.

Well, you need the mount before you get the trinket so you couldn't get the trinket regardless of the number of map currencies you need.

someone on reddit has posted that you can get all the stuff without Skyscale. But maybe anet are going to fix this.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

i wait for a nerf. i haven’t even started with the new mount. first i am forced to do story so it’s a no go.

Well, you need the mount before you get the trinket so you couldn't get the trinket regardless of the number of map currencies you need.

someone on reddit has posted that you can get all the stuff without Skyscale. But maybe anet are going to fix this.

Really? The collections require you to use the rifts, maybe they still channel if you're on other mounts or gliding?

@Pifil.5193 said:

Really? The collections require you to use the rifts, maybe they still channel if you're on other mounts or gliding?Only the visions of dragon can be done without the Skyscale. For the rift repair thingy you need the mount and mastery, there's no way around it.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

Really? The collections require you to use the rifts, maybe they still channel if you're on other mounts or gliding?Only the visions of dragon can be done without the Skyscale. For the rift repair thingy you need the mount and mastery, there's no way around it.

Oh OK, so people can do the other parts of the collections - including the group events - but go back later to finish them once they get their skyscale? Seems reasonable.

Please do not reduce any of the currency requirements Anet, for a lot of us this is giving us motivation to again log in for a long term goal. Most stuff in the game is more instant gratification I feel we need more things like the Skyscale to play towards. I am fully enjoying going back to the older maps and finding people there all participating in events.