Griffon/Skyscale completion and "what now?"

Hi all. The skyscale collection is so long for me that I am only doing a few parts of it every few weeks. It's pretty nice having this content to always go back to on the side after wvw or my other projects.

However I remember with grifffon my experience; was awesome to get and unlock, then after like 2 minutes of flying (even after masteries maxed) I got an overwhelming sense of what do I do now?? The other mounts were awesome. They had whole maps dedicated to unlocking them, and all chained into each other. I guess it's slightly diff with the flying mounts in that they are not a necessity...

Anyway my question is after skyscale, what is there to so with the mount??? Or is it just an epicly long journey then.... nothing???

I have two plans for when I get the Skyscale:1) Go to Desert Highlands (one of my personal favourite maps to fly around on the griffon) and try using it to do the treasure map event - see how much of a difference it makes. I'm also going to use that to get XP for the masteries.2) Take it to various points around the map I've been unable to climb using the springer/griffon and see how it does. The Priory's mountain for example.

After that? I'll just keep using it wherever I am and see what happens. I'd never have thought of flying over Brisban Wildlands on the griffon until I was there doing it and found parts of the map (especially the north east corner) looked completely different from the air. I'm sure it will be the same with the skyscale.

Yes. The point of getting a Skyscale is to have a Skyscale. The point of any new Mount is to find out how it adds to your ability to explore and experience the world.

If you need a new goal to work towards, then by all means, pick any long-term goal and work towards it. Perhaps you want to build a new Legendary item? or to master a new game mode, like PvP?, or to see just how badly you can break a Jumping Puzzle?

My guess is they will probably make use of SS's in upcoming festivals. Queens Jubilee iirc had a Griffon adventure last year, Labyrithe Cliff had a Griffon race and Mad King had a RB race, so I foresee a SS race or adventure in one of the future festivals.

What I'd like to see is existing Griffon Challenges (POF Maps and Kourna) be accessible to those players with only a SS or create new SS races on core maps like they did with the RB.

Archived