Wild-Eye Miller... Did I miss out?

As title says I am not sure if I missed out on this event or if it's still up... I feel like I have been waiting in LA for over an hour with little to no information on/when/if it starts. In case anyone is wondering I have been working out of state and have not been able to get on and participate on anything going on for a couple of weeks, thus the reason I am so lost as to whether this is something that is continuing or not. ANY help would BE GREATLY appreciated, since I feel like I am currently wasting my little bit of free time waiting in LA for what may possibly have already passed...

Not sure which of the two events the OP is referring to but yes the first one was sudden and over really quickly, the second was announced in advance and lasted much longer. (Insert your own analogy here.) Anet mentioned they designed the second event to last longer specifically to give more ppl an opportunity to participate. The purpose of the event is to unlock mf recipes and I am uncertain as to whether anet has announced the total number of recipes that will be made available this way, but I'd like to believe that once they are done there would be some other way to continue to contribute for the individual rewards moving forward. If not I think this would be the first time since before ls2 that AP has been introduced without an ongoing means of acquiring it . . .

@"Sandzibar.5134" said:So how the potato do we unlock other skins like "The Deadliest Game" rifle skin? Just wait for the next random time this event spawns and hope that it will randomly reward the skin you want?

Urgh.

None of these events reward skins, so to speak. They, if successful, enable the playerbase to discover the recipes; and then anyone can craft the weapon...whether they took part, or not.