Bad Experience.

I come to you with tears falling my cheeks. I tried so blasted hard. I gathered up all the scales and medicine, I found all the sick skyscales, I gathered up all the eggs...I opened up all the spirit of Skyscales..then I found one part of it is a Meta.

I , I tried anyway.

Just now I tried to do a meta.

I tried.

I found a group, asked how to join a squad, joined it, a blue tag, and then it started.....

I have been playing almost since launch...solo.

I have 10,173 AP.

When they found out how much API have these people thought I was lying when I said I did not know how to join a squad.

I tried to keep close to the commander but had to stop and eat some food..game food....

They vanished. I have no idea where they went.....I, I oh my god I am crying hard.

I solo because I am shy, I am a clutz, and thus a bad player....but I wanted the Skyscale...and now...and now I can't have it.

Please people....somneone can hjave 10, 173 AP and still not know how to joing a squad...I cn't type..Be nice

I am back. Sorry for my emotional post. This is what happened. I came across a group that was getting ready for the Elon Meta. I need that for the Skyscale so I asked how to join. I was told to click on the Blue tag on the map. I did. Once I was a part of the squad they noticed how much Ap I had and thought it weird that I have that much AP and not know how to join a squad... they then proceeded to make comments that led me to believe they thought I was lying about my lack of experience.

I followed them around as they were waiting for meta to start.

Did a HP with them.

Realized my game food was gone, brought out my bank, and grabbed some.

After chomping down my food I realized I was alone.

I did not see a single tag on the map, nor did I see my squadmates..little dots on the map.

Gone. Poof.

@Poormany.4507 said:I don't understand what exactly happened or what the problem is here. Why didn't you just follow the squad around to do the meta instead of joining them or if they switched maps, wait for the next meta event with a different squad?

Because teaming is so very hard for me. I am a clutz, and feel I am a terrible player. Reaching out to join that Meta team took courage on my part.

The Meta had not started yet, I was following the squad abround..did a HP with them.

I needed more game food, I summoned my temporary bank, and while I was grabbing my foodstuffs, they vanished.

Remember, I have no experience at all with teaming...these people thinking I was lying about my AP and vanishing like they did made me feel worthless.

Another squad would probably do the same darn thing. See my AP and figure I know what I am doing..

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Click the icon of the Commander in the mini-map, and it will say "Join Squad".Or use the LFG to join a squad.

I did. I joined the squad. That is when it all fell apart. They saw my AP and it was all over. They felt I should know how to join a squad and was playing them.

Teaming for you is easy. For me, it is not.

The meta is on a timer, if you want to know when it is about to spawn you can check there. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Path_to_Ascension The doppelganger event is the one you need.Once the pre-event has been done https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Disperse_the_wild_magic_that_escaped_from_Augury_Rock the event you need will start https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shift_beyond_reality_to_confront_the_crazed_doppelganger. A random player within the area is targeted and a boss with his/her appearance will spawn at his/her location. Look out on the map for a "big red skull" to know the location where you need to go.

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Remember, I have no experience at all with teaming...these people thinking I was lying about my AP and vanishing like they did made me feel worthless.

Another squad would probably do the same darn thing. See my AP and figure I know what I am doing..

You are making connections where there might not be any. Yes, people might have asked about how you can not know about grouping with 10k AP. That can very well be absolutely unrelated to them leaving you alone.

Given you are unexperienced with grouping and the fact that there was no more tag near you, chances are a lot higher that the tag changed maps and removed people who did not follow. Or a multitude of other possibilities which are completely unrelated to you or your AP. Given this meta is done quite fast, it might also have simply been over and the group disbanded having achieved its goal.

@"Ronan.9518" said:The meta is on a timer, if you want to know when it is about to spawn you can check there. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Path_to_Ascension The doppelganger event is the one you need.Once the pre-event has been done https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Disperse_the_wild_magic_that_escaped_from_Augury_Rock the event you need will start https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shift_beyond_reality_to_confront_the_crazed_doppelganger. A random player within the area is targeted and a boss with his/her appearance will spawn at his/her location. Look out on the map for a "big red skull" to know the location where you need to go.

Seriously....find the time it starts, look for a big red skull, and join in the fray???HUGS!!!!!!

Always keep in mind that GW2 is a single player MMO. Only raids and fractals require a group to clear efficiently, meta events just happen. Bounty trains might have a squad, but only to show where to go and to coordinate some heals maybe. None of it requires a single word in chat. Trust me, that's how I played this game during my quieter months :)

If you like we can play together some time, maybe to make it easier? I'm usually very patient when I'm online.

@lare.5129 said:at fist 10,173 AP is very very small value .. some partes kick is u not have 25, 30. Ans this 25 30 is minimal input value. So if u have 10,173 AP. - this is nothing nowadays.at second - relax, drink tea and join other squad.

For a map meta? No fucking way that you need to have AP's for that. Also makes no sense, high AP does not mean you are any good at all. It's no indication.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Remember, I have no experience at all with teaming...these people thinking I was lying about my AP and vanishing like they did made me feel worthless.

You are making connections where there might not be any. Yes, people might have asked about how you can not know about grouping with 10k AP. That can very well be absolutely unrelated to them leaving you alone.

Given you are unexperienced with grouping and the fact that there was no more tag near you, chances are a lot higher that the tag changed maps and removed people who did not follow. Or a multitude of other possibilities which are completely unrelated to you or your AP. Given this meta is done quite fast, it might also have simply been over and the group disbanded having achieved its goal.

Thank you for being a voice of reason. I really do appreciate it. And, you are probably right :)

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:The meta is on a timer, if you want to know when it is about to spawn you can check there.
The doppelganger event is the one you need.Once the pre-event has been done
the event you need will start
. A random player within the area is targeted and a boss with his/her appearance will spawn at his/her location. Look out on the map for a "
big
red skull" to know the location where you need to go.

Seriously....find the time it starts, look for a big red skull, and join in the fray???HUGS!!!!!!

Go for it.

Also remember, the forums are a dark and cynical place. People in game are most often a lot friendlier (unless you frequent the spvp are). I'm quite sure it was mostly simply a misunderstanding. Also don't let this discourage you from trying to group with people. Someone mentioned looking for a guild. Keep your eyes open for one of those ideally with a friendly guild message and maybe players of similar age. It makes GW2 so much better.

Best of Luck

@lare.5129 said:at fist 10,173 AP is very very small value .. some partes kick is u not have 25, 30. Ans this 25 30 is minimal input value. So if u have 10,173 AP. - this is nothing nowadays.at second - relax, drink tea and join other squad.

I honestly have never seen an open world squad kick based on ap

You guys are not going to believe this. When Ronan talked about a big red skull, That brought back a memory from doing the HP. There was a critter with a red skull. I thought it was just a Boss or veteran. When Cyninja said it is over fast, I went to check on my character and I GOT CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I Did the Meta Skyscale thingy and didn't even know it!!!!!!

You guys are great.

OMG!!!!! I have it!!!!!!

Now, there is one more thing that makes me nervous but I can do it solo.

I think I am crying again, but this time they are happy tears :)

@Blocki.4931 said:Always keep in mind that GW2 is a single player MMO. Only raids and fractals require a group to clear efficiently, meta events just happen. Bounty trains might have a squad, but only to show where to go and to coordinate some heals maybe. None of it requires a single word in chat. Trust me, that's how I played this game during my quieter months :)

If you like we can play together some time, maybe to make it easier? I'm usually very patient when I'm online.

And I am not usually so emotional :)

Thanks Blocki :)

@yann.1946 said:

I honestly have never seen an open world squad kick based on ap

I did not get kicked. they just vanished...and now I know why :)

@"Cyninja.2954" said:No meta requires you to be part of a group or squad. Simply be present and tag the enemies in the meta event and you are good. Being member of the squad simply helps with organization or getting people on the same map.

See, I did not know that. I thought something called META required a squad :)Thank you :)

Meta events are just chains or groups of events. They are usually difficult or impossible to do without other players around because they involve large groups of enemies or champions (or both) or because they require lots of things to happen at different locations at the same time. But there is absolutely no need to be in a squad or party to complete one - like individual events they can be completed by anyone who is in the area. Parties and squads just make it easier for players to coordinate by allowing you to see where everyone else is and by having a dedicated chat channel. The commander also gets markers they can place which can be useful for some events, and can send messages to the squad which pop up on screen so you don't need to watch the chat box to see what's going on.

For reference, meta is a Latin suffix which means 'bigger/wider', 'self encompassing' or 'self referencing'. One use many people are familiar with is meta-data, which is data about data: for example a text document is data and that document's properties are meta-data. But it can be used in lots of other ways too. In this case it's an event made up of smaller events. These are found all over GW2 and don't have to be a big deal. For example The Battle for Beetletun in Queensdale is a meta-event, because each event leads into another - which one/s depend on the success or failure of the previous event.

(The other use you'll see a lot in GW2 is meta-gaming and meta-game builds, often abbreviated to just meta-builds or even just people saying "the meta is...". In this case it's playing 'outside' the game. Gaming is choosing skills, stats etc. you think will be useful and then figuring out how to beat an enemy with those once you're in the fight. Meta-gaming is finding out in advance what you're going to be fighting and choosing stats and skills specifically intended to beat it. Making sure you have crown control skills because you know you'll be fighting something with a break bar (and then saving those skills to use when it's bar is up) is an example of meta-gaming but it can extend to whole builds, or even whole squads. Players will often use 'meta build' as short-hand for "the build currently considered to be the best in this situation" too, because that's the purpose of meta-gaming, to make sure you start with the best possible tools for the job.)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Click the icon of the Commander in the mini-map, and it will say "Join Squad".Or use the LFG to join a squad.

I did. I joined the squad. That is when it all fell apart. They saw my AP and it was all over. They felt I should know how to join a squad and was playing them.

Teaming for you is easy. For me, it is not.

Is it? How would you know that? I play almost exclusively in Invisible Mode, and solo. Never pug.Do try to receive helpful tips graciously.

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:You guys are not going to believe this. When Ronan talked about a big red skull, That brought back a memory from doing the HP. There was a critter with a red skull. I thought it was just a Boss or veteran. When Cyninja said it is over fast, I went to check on my character and I GOT CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I Did the Meta Skyscale thingy and didn't even know it!!!!!!

You guys are great.

OMG!!!!! I have it!!!!!!

Now, there is one more thing that makes me nervous but I can do it solo.

I think I am crying again, but this time they are happy tears :)

I've seen your other post about your skyscale tribulations, I'm rather glad to see you've passed that step (which actually caused me troubles as well, stupid doppelganger....)You seem like a nice, but rather shy person who might not dare to ask for help in case you need, so I figured I'd ask if you wanted to add me to your friendlist, in case you ever needed another set of hand to finish something, or some pointers on anything really, or just wanted company. I'm on european server if you wish, and I like to help with anything

If you've completely finished your skyscale collection, enjoy your lizardy friend !