Storage [suggestion]

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Active search makes most organization methods or systems unnecessary. It's a surprisingly powerful tool for such a simple system.

I would like a main search for across all characters, bags, banks and Material Storage.

We have that in an app. The Devs specifically gave access to the API so players could create just what you are asking for; it is unlikely they will recreate it.

I keep my bank pretty well organised and I can usually find things, but I'd like the option to label bank tabs so I could keep the ones I rarely use minimised without having to constantly open all of them to check which is which. I only have 7 bank tabs and it's already a lot to scroll through, I imagine it's even more irritating for people who have more tabs.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:Active search makes most organization methods or systems unnecessary. It's a surprisingly powerful tool for such a simple system.

I would like a main search for across all characters, bags, banks and Material Storage.

lets you do just that mate

That's why I eventually signed up to it. I'd finally, finally used up the literally hundreds of frostbitten gathering tools I got from Wintersday a few years back and started sharing my infinite tools between my characters. But I can easily play 4-5 characters in one day and wasn't used to putting the tools back when I was done so I was forever leaving them in someone's inventory and then having to work back through my characters to see which one had them. I got sick of it and signed up to GW2 Efficiency because it's quicker than all those loading screens.

An in-game tool would be even easier though, and if the API can do it I assume it would be something Anet could build into the game.

@Zahld.4956 said:Be able to label bank and bag storage compartments to more easily identify and organize the contents of them.

@"LinseyMurdock.4165" wrote on Reddit in July 2017

Thaaaaaat is never going to happen.

Was there ever a reason behind this?Storage space, priorities, etc. If some programmer magically figures out a way to do this in an efficient way, that would be cool, but it's not something we are going to put dedicated resources to.

i usually buy character slots to offload specific stuffs onto

bank tabs i keep frequent access items once a day like Gleam of Sentience, BLC items, boosters, and crafting materials

while farming toons i generally stick to a regime of how i keep stuffs; top row = gears, gizmo, quest items, bottom row least processed mats and build up to frequently processed mats

Re5qCCV.png

@Danikat.8537 said:An in-game tool would be even easier though, and if the API can do it I assume it would be something Anet could build into the game.

API is most likely using cached data, otherwise it'd be too taxing on the actual live database gamers are running on if everyone is doing account wide searches

if anet was doing in-game, it will need to do a live database search