Adding mounts to sPvP

Nabbut.7480

@Rezok.2709 said:thief that is balanced around mobility with the trade-off of being squishyNonsense. I run Paladin's Dolyak Daredevil and can tank anything i cannot dodge/cleanse while enjoying the same mobility as classic thief.And that's not even talking about the fact that the maps are currently so small that it would completely break the gamemode.Another nonsense. As i said some maps like Legacy are big enough that running about takes some solid dozens of seconds.@Vitali.5039 said:Why players should depend on factor outside of maps mechanics and personal skill?And Definitely Not Pay2WIn elite specs?

@Rezok.2709 said:Sure, fantastic idea. But obviously classes like thief that is balanced around mobility with the trade-off of being squishy can't have that trade-off anymore.

Squishy? You mean the one class that can realistically play zerker in pvp because of how potent their active defences are? The class that can solo a raid boss?

@Rezok.2709 said:Do you not realise that out of combat mobility is a big part of some classes?

Two classes. I don't feel like the monopoly on a vital role is healthy. That doesn't mean we need mounts, but we do need more specs that focus on mobility.

Removing that removes several classes from sPvP. They need compensation, but since you can't do that in out of combat mobility (since you equalize it) it has to be IN combat. This means classes like thief becomes grossly overpowered.

To repeat, I don't support the addition of mounts, but having innate mobility would still be a bonus in that case. It means it's that much easier for a thief to disengage and go ooc to be able to ride their mount to another point.

You can't have mounts in PvP because then utterly everyone would finally realize that combat isn't the main """skill""" aspect of PvP: """skill""" in GW2 is watching a minimap, moving with WASD and using niche movement skills. You would also remove mesmer and thief from the game. Actually, sounds good.

:^^^^^)

I'd rather play the game Underwater combat; well maybe Underwater Combat doesn't have that many flows in the eyes of many since it only required damage race when somebody goes downstate and too many under water weapon skill with Cripple condition by design intention for tactical uses.

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

@Rezok.2709 said:thief that is balanced around mobility with the trade-off of being squishyNonsense. I run Paladin's Dolyak Daredevil and can tank anything i cannot dodge/cleanse while enjoying the same mobility as classic thief.

You're bronze rank aren't you.....

And that's not even talking about the fact that the maps are currently so small that it would completely break the gamemode.Another nonsense. As i said some maps like Legacy are big enough that running about takes some
solid dozens of seconds.

Had to laugh at this one. Honestly, if it takes you a long time to navigate around a map like Foefire, you need more help than a mount in PvP, especially as a thief. If it takes you more than 10 seconds to get from base to even far point on thief, let alone "solid dozens of seconds", you're a bad thief plain and simple and you also contradict your own claim that your bad tank build enjoys the same mobility as classic thief.

Mounts are 100% not required in PvP and would be a rather silly addition, your flimsy reasons of using it to force people to buy PoF is pretty stupid and holds no water whatsoever, neither does your viewpoint that it will equalize disengage or are you forgetting that you need to be out of combat to even use a mount? If you're trying to disengage an enemy or enemies from a point, chances are you're being chased at the same time, so no mount is going to help you here.

I don't think you've thought about any of this at all besides you wanting mounts in PvP for no good or valid reason.

this makes no sense whatsoever.

• Let me just use my griffen to fly straight to lord and start off the game with 350 points.
  • Thieves become obsolete, only max dps and bunker is viable now.
  • All chasing turns into whoever leaves combat first and mounts up.
  • Everyone needs to buy PoF otherwise they'd be at an extreme disadvantage.
  • Pay to win to the max.

What skill and depth does it add to PvP? Nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

@Static.9841 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

@Rezok.2709 said:thief that is balanced around mobility with the trade-off of being squishyNonsense. I run Paladin's Dolyak Daredevil and can tank anything i cannot dodge/cleanse while enjoying the same mobility as classic thief.

You're bronze rank aren't you.....

And that's not even talking about the fact that the maps are currently so small that it would completely break the gamemode.Another nonsense. As i said some maps like Legacy are big enough that running about takes some
solid dozens of seconds.

Had to laugh at this one. Honestly, if it takes you a long time to navigate around a map like Foefire, you need more help than a mount in PvP, especially as a thief. If it takes you more than 10 seconds to get from base to even far point on thief, let alone "solid dozens of seconds", you're a bad thief plain and simple and you also contradict your own claim that your bad tank build enjoys the same mobility as classic thief.

Mounts are 100% not required in PvP and would be a rather silly addition,
your flimsy reasons of using it to force people to buy PoF is pretty stupid and holds no water whatsoever
, neither does your viewpoint that it will equalize disengage or are you forgetting that you need to be out of combat to even use a mount? If you're trying to disengage an enemy or enemies from a point, chances are you're being chased at the same time, so no mount is going to help you here.

I don't think you've thought about any of this at all besides you wanting mounts in PvP for no good or valid reason.
Metahuman detected
Abandoning thread advised

Anyway you are clearly ignorant of that i am a proud Silver from last season and have great experience with mounts in game called "Heroes of the Storm" of which you, clearly not often venturing outside of GW2, apparently don't know. Here, have a link https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Mount if you are not afraid for a good reason.

This would be fairly easy to do. Institute different PvP tiers:

PvP for people using everything. No requirements. Any new maps can be put in this tier. Perhaps keep this as an unranked tier, don't let people play this in ranked. People who don't have gliders, mounts, and anything else that might be used in the future get them for the duration of the match.PvP for people using core stuff only (no mounts/gliders). No requirements.PvP for people using gliders (give us those offensive glider abilities from LS3, and perhaps make some new maps that work well with glider access). Requires HoT.PvP for people using mounts (again, new maps to take advantage of mounts. Give everyone all the mounts and all the mount abilities of course). Requires PoF.

As new expansions are put in, new maps can be put in along with whatever the new masteries are (so long as they would fit into sPvP of course).

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:This would be fairly easy to do. Institute different PvP tiers:

PvP for people using everything. No requirements. Any new maps can be put in this tier. Perhaps keep this as an unranked tier, don't let people play this in ranked. People who don't have gliders, mounts, and anything else that might be used in the future get them for the duration of the match.PvP for people using core stuff only (no mounts/gliders). No requirements.PvP for people using gliders (give us those offensive glider abilities from LS3, and perhaps make some new maps that work well with glider access). Requires HoT.PvP for people using mounts (again, new maps to take advantage of mounts. Give everyone all the mounts and all the mount abilities of course). Requires PoF.

As new expansions are put in, new maps can be put in along with whatever the new masteries are (so long as they would fit into sPvP of course).

That will never happen because Gw2 will never be a PvP only focused game. If it was, sure they would because all PvP focused game only mostly care about having balance in their game.

Archived