The Complete Rifle and Deadeye Fix Thread

Zacchary.6183

After playing Deadeye for a while here is the thing that bother me the most :

You can't stop attacking in kneel mode without leaving it....You already are burdened heavily on mobility by using kneel, why should we use initiative + cast time ( unkneel + kneel ) to stop attacking ? What if I have an advantageous position, want to keep it, but my target is using a block/reflect ? Why should reflects force me to leave kneel mode ? You can't stop AA from firing in this mode.

I want stow to keep us in kneel state...I already have rifle #5 and weapon swap to leave it. I don't need a 3rd button. It's not even about balance or skill mechanics change ( stowing is not a skill), only QoL....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt read all of the 3 pages but i have a minor problem:when i mark a target in WvW and there are too many enemies so i can only go try oneshot, i would like to use instruments/music box / haunted gramophone but when i use it the malice bar disappears wich is not a problem but when putting it away, malice starts stacking from 0 again and the mark will still run out after few seconds and wont even reach maximum malice. i know its just a minor issue but i would really like to play some spooky sounds if i am just to wait for the one shot in stealth :Dedit: also applies to marking , entering golem and leaving it. - id like to either remove mark and reset cd or keep malice.

• 3 weeks later...

Death's Judegement skill could be made so, unless you don't release the key it won't fire after it's "loaded". This would make it more usefull when you see someone using a shiled/block skill and not waist the initative when it will be blocked. Besides, pressing the trigger at the right time it's a sniper's ingrained requirement.There seems to be missing the trait to add piercing to attacks (as the ranger trait), and a trait to reduce the cooldown for cantrips. Not to mention about the clunkyness of the build.
An ammo type loadout could have been added (like in Hitman) for a bit more customization options for gameplay.

@darthcron.2731 said:Death's Judegement skill could be made so, unless you don't release the key it won't fire after it's "loaded". This would make it more usefull when you see someone using a shiled/block skill and not waist the initative when it will be blocked.

just press esc, will cancel it and no initative cost.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@darthcron.2731 said:Death's Judegement skill could be made so, unless you don't release the key it won't fire after it's "loaded". This would make it more usefull when you see someone using a shiled/block skill and not waist the initative when it will be blocked.

just press esc, will cancel it and no initative cost.

I just tried this and it worked. Good to know. :)

To be honest my biggest complaint is that now that Death's Judgement only does its bonus damage to your marked target, it is far too easily wasted by someone wandering in to your line of sight and taking the hit over the marked target... or someone doing it on purpose of course. My own thought was lower the base damage (I am sure this will be an unpopular opinion), increase the marked target damage per malice stack (making it equal the same damage overall) and make it pierce all enemies on the way to your marked target, only dealing its bonus damage to the marked one, and base to the enemies it pierces. This makes it not such a huge initiative waste and risk to actually use DJ, and helps eliminate some concerns regarding the pierce making it do too much overall damage.

@Sojourner.4621 said:To be honest my biggest complaint is that now that Death's Judgement only does its bonus damage to your marked target, it is far too easily wasted by someone wandering in to your line of sight and taking the hit over the marked target... or someone doing it on purpose of course. My own thought was lower the base damage (I am sure this will be an unpopular opinion), increase the marked target damage per malice stack (making it equal the same damage overall) and make it pierce all enemies on the way to your marked target, only dealing its bonus damage to the marked one, and base to the enemies it pierces. This makes it not such a huge initiative waste and risk to actually use DJ, and helps eliminate some concerns regarding the pierce making it do too much overall damage.

increasing the damage bonus of malice by how much? keep in mind that it will increase DPS with other weapons too

@Sojourner.4621 said:To be honest my biggest complaint is that now that Death's Judgement only does its bonus damage to your marked target, it is far too easily wasted by someone wandering in to your line of sight and taking the hit over the marked target... or someone doing it on purpose of course. My own thought was lower the base damage (I am sure this will be an unpopular opinion), increase the marked target damage per malice stack (making it equal the same damage overall) and make it pierce all enemies on the way to your marked target, only dealing its bonus damage to the marked one, and base to the enemies it pierces. This makes it not such a huge initiative waste and risk to actually use DJ, and helps eliminate some concerns regarding the pierce making it do too much overall damage.

It'd be nice if they kept the current animations, but mechanically rifle attacks (all of them) worked like mesmer GS autos. Don't know if they have the control in the engine to do it, but maybe attacks that pass through opponents on their way to the target (By targeted, I don't mean marked, but mean the player you're firing at) do only 50% damage to the players they pass through and only apply their conditions to the targeted player. It'd be nice to have a piercing weapon.

@Maugetarr.6823 said:

It'd be nice if they kept the current animations, but mechanically rifle attacks (all of them) worked like mesmer GS autos. Don't know if they have the control in the engine to do it, but maybe attacks that pass through opponents on their way to the target (By targeted, I don't mean marked, but mean the player you're firing at) do only 50% damage to the players they pass through and only apply their conditions to the targeted player. It'd be nice to have a piercing weapon.

you do know that mesmer auto is not a projectile? so you would eliminate projectile reflect and projectile absorb as a defemsive measure against DE.mesmer auto is a 'beam' like druid staff auto or ele scpter air auto. you see a beam and know that you cant reflect it. now with the way you want it you will see a projectile but it is a beam, that wont be implemented. you can make each animation get that laser beam from DJ, then it might work. but you will then have a harder time to identify DJ from the other shots so it will need another tell as according to the flame in forums here there arent enough already.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Maugetarr.6823 said:

you do know that mesmer auto is not a projectile? so you would eliminate projectile reflect and projectile absorb as a defemsive measure against DE.mesmer auto is a 'beam' like druid staff auto or ele scpter air auto. you see a beam and know that you cant reflect it. now with the way you want it you will see a projectile but it is a beam, that wont be implemented. you can make each animation get that laser beam from DJ, then it might work. but you will then have a harder time to identify DJ from the other shots so it will need another tell as according to the flame in forums here there arent enough already.

I understand the beam isn't a projectile, which is why I suggested it. As to animations, a dark beam with a flash along it before damage is applied would differentiate it from the bright red beam of Death's Judgement. Blocks, invulns, evades, and dodges would still work. The idea is to give rifle a unique niche, and if it's intended to apply most damage to a single target, a beam mechanic that has severely reduced damage against enemies that aren't the primary target would be a better way to go than piercing projectiles imo.

Archived