Is necro viable in pvp?

Legostyle.2718

As a necro main I think solo queing its probably a weaker class bc it relies on not getting caught out in 1v2s (which for the most part is a player awareness thing more then necro thing.)

But, id say its one of the worst solo que classes at least reaper/ base necro I don't really care for scourage I think it prolly does fine in spvp

TL;DR: Yes, it's probably one of the best classes for PvP.

I am from EU.A blood scourge (Birdi) got 1st place a few times, with ocassional duo with one of the best thieves this game ever had. Some other scourges have been legend too.Mijo sometimes goes up to top 10 with reaper and I guess a bit scourge.For core, there is a guild for it. lol.

@Tayga.3192 said:TL;DR: Yes, it's probably one of the best classes for PvP.

I am from EU.A blood scourge (Birdi) got 1st place a few times, with ocassional duo with one of the best thieves this game ever had. Some other scourges has been legend too.Mijo sometimes goes up to top 10 with reaper and I guess a bit scourge.For core, there is a guild for it. lol.

There was a guy who got to legend with Core Terrormancer a while back. So that's viable too.

I’ve played a little of necro since pof came out. At first scourge had super op firepower- as meta builds came out anet focused lots of nerfs on scourge and changed things that necro countered like holosmith. necro went from maybe #1 class to mostly good for team play. Around that time however I noticed reaper got op and streamed up to legend on it. Since then reaper got huge nerfs but still has cleave and skills for kiting now it’s mostly scourge but heavily nerfed. Hope that helps u understand situation. Here are viable builds that u can maybe find on metabattle.com. Shadefire- mostly just for team play but ok with FBBlood sage(recommended)- Hybrid build I made that functions in any mode even 2v2. Not as much firepower thoughReaper- still seen in ranked but not that goodCore- not that great but tankier than most things(still slow and bad at ranked though)

I have to say that I am not an expert on necro. But I like to play reaper in spvp and it is fun. I usuallyo go axe/focus or axe/warhorn with GS. With a little map awareness and a little luck you can have a great time with necro. I have also seen several scourges that are really great in pvp.

I like to play random crap builds in PVP during placement and always land somewhere around gold 2-3. Then I would always use CORE NECRO and climb back to plat reliably every season. If I have a decent brawling partner, it is near 100% win rate for me.

Necro is more than viable and not just mem rez scourge.