give berserker second set utilities..(pvp)

Lighter.5631

like seriously, it's only reasonable, that can help sustain or help with mobility, give a teleport or something on berserk.or even increase damage

or like just remove -300 toughess, you get light armor class armor, yet you are still a warrior with slow speed and huge animation, just a paper warrior lol

and like berserker should be the spellbreaker and removes boon, what's damage in this game when you can't remove all those protection/boon? it's noodle damage if theres no way to remove boonspellbreaker should be some defensive spec.right now spellbreaker does more damage thanks to tether and 25 might stack, niceand sustain more as well

A warrior without sustain is just another NPC.What makes warrior a warrior is endure pain, without endure pain warrior is trash (and that is Anet's fault for not giving us build variety). In another post I explained why warrior without sustain is a complete and utter trash profession.I will explain it again:

• Warrior does not have stealth
  • Warrior does not have teleports
  • Warrior does not have defensive boons
  • Warrior does not have healing skills on weapons
  • Most Warrior skills are slow casting skills
  • Most warrior skills are highly telegraphed

So, the reason why you are having trouble in PvP is because endure pain only last for 2 seconds and your warrior does not have the means to defend himself with stealth, teleports, defensive boons or healing skills.

In PvP you need someone to heal you and give you defensive boons or else you are not going to survive as warrior.Since the nerf to endure pain in PVP was implemented, I have never step a foot in that game mode, and the reason is because I only play warrior.

Berserker needs better rage skill effects imo, after rework and adrenaline removal, they are quite underwhelming especially in PvP/WvW (some where underwhelming even pre-rework) when it comes to their actual effects rather than just prolonging Berserk... is there anyone using e.g. Sundering Leap skill in combat except for its 5 second Berserk duration increase? How about making it heavy hitter, too? Or something more interesting and useful...

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Funny, I go without Defense and EP in WvW on my Berserker and manage to survive just fine... But then Blood Reckoning is OP healing on a full dps spec.

wow, you must be warrior god, because berserker sustain is paper and it's even worse with blood reckoning. are you like legend tier warrior? teach me please.

Headbutt -> Savage Instinct -> Arc Divider -> BR -> Arc Divider. 95% of the player base dies to that. Only Rangers and other warriors are issues with their own passive invuln procs. Everyone in WvW runs vitality over toughness, and as Soulbeast has proven with enough damage modifiers you can melt people regardless of their health. Spellbreaker will wreck you though.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Funny, I go without Defense and EP in WvW on my Berserker and manage to survive just fine... But then Blood Reckoning is OP healing on a full dps spec.

wow, you must be warrior god, because berserker sustain is paper and it's even worse with blood reckoning. are you like legend tier warrior? teach me please.

Headbutt -> Savage Instinct -> Arc Divider -> BR -> Arc Divider. 95% of the player base dies to that. Only Rangers and other warriors are issues with their own passive invuln procs. Everyone in WvW runs vitality over toughness, and as Soulbeast has proven with enough damage modifiers you can melt people regardless of their health. Spellbreaker will wreck you though.

Only monkeys will let themself get hit by that full combo, and those will die to any other specc aswell.

And ppl who dont expect/are brain afk atm, that yolo dmg will only die once to it.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Only monkeys will let themself get hit by that full combo, and those will die to any other specc aswell.

And ppl who dont expect/are brain afk atm, that yolo dmg will only die once to it.

Then 95% of WvW players must be brainless, because I kill plenty of players like that. But all this has been said ad infinitum in the Berserker threads. You're welcome to use Signet of Fury to your heart's content instead, but double Arc divider deletes people on full glass cannon, much like a full glass Soulbeast deletes people with rapid fire.

@Hitman.5829 said:

You wont last against a decent opponent FACT.Fight warrior vs warrior one with endure pains and you without it and tell us how good warrior is without endure pain.

Core or Zerk, yeah killed them before to. Spellbreaker is a different story. Endure Pain is there if YOU need it to live, I surely don't need it. Its helpful in a zerg though to land your Arc Dividers but Savage Instinct and Blood Reckoning does that well enough. But in roaming? Never needed it.

You wont last against a decent opponent FACT.Fight warrior vs warrior one with endure pains and you without it and tell us how good warrior is without endure pain.

Core or Zerk, yeah killed them before to. Spellbreaker is a different story. Endure Pain is there if YOU need it to live, I surely don't need it. Its helpful in a zerg though to land your Arc Dividers but Savage Instinct and Blood Reckoning does that well enough. But in roaming? Never needed it.

Damn, your opponents must really suck. Face me with that build and I will sent your warrior to the moon and back.

@Lighter.5631 said:like seriously, it's only reasonable, that can help sustain or help with mobility, give a teleport or something on berserk.or even increase damage

Nah, it's not -if you want to play classes with teleports, play classes with teleports.

and like berserker should be the spellbreaker and removes boon, what's damage in this game when you can't remove all those protection/boon? it's noodle damage if theres no way to remove boon

Same thing, if you want to play spellbreaker then.... play spellbreaker? Rolling 2 e-specs into one doesn't seem like a perfectly thought out idea.

• Confused 1

@Hitman.5829 said:

kitten, your opponents must really suck. Face me with that build and I will sent your warrior to the moon and back.

Says the guy who with two other warriors could not finish a downed necro with an ele rezzing them.

kitten, your opponents must really suck. Face me with that build and I will sent your warrior to the moon and back.

Says the guy who with two other warriors could not finish a downed necro with an ele rezzing them.

Test me and you shall see!

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I've seen the vids of you playing, and I've read your commentary about how XYZ on warrior is too weak or about how 3 warriors using 100B can't finish a downed enemy. You've shown enough on the forums for me not to even bother with you, but feel free to continue puffing yourself up.

ASk and you shall receive, test me and you shall get.

Typically what Hitman is saying is pretty accurate.Zerker running disc, bers, and (insert any offensive traitline) will typically have a VERY difficult time against core warrior or SB running defense line...you simply run out of berserk while their ep skill + autoproc are running...plus you can't really stun them or lock them down very long with balance stance traited and an exchange of blows doesn't work if they have RR.Other builds are situationally good against squishy classes that can be locked down long enough

As I said, core warrior and spellbreaker would give you trouble with spellbreaker being more difficult. But then i’ve Longbowed them to death at range on a power build so YMMV. No one else really will give an issue other than a good weaver. So feel free to pick a play style that works for you and learn from it. There are crutch utilities to help you get better that as you become better you may not need anymore. As to the rage utilities. They are a mixed bag of usefulness. Outrage is nice and pairs well with Rousing Resilience and tempest runes. Wild Blow can give you a breather when you need it. The leap is a fairly decent leap. Shattering Blow gives stab, reflects missiles, deals damage and bleed. Don’t want them? Then don’t use them. In the end it depends on what you need. If you want mobility take the leap and bulls charge. Want more healing and toughness? Take outrage and RR and tempest runes.

Then 95% of WvW players must be brainless.exactly,also you seem like all talk, you are fast to talk about other's skill and how great you are, yet when people wanted to test your skill and actually prove you wrong in realistic fights, you never answer.i won't even bother to explain to you how fragile is power berserker, because you are just in your own little world.

@Lighter.5631 said:

Then 95% of WvW players must be brainless.exactly,also you seem like all talk, you are fast to talk about other's skill and how great you are, yet when people wanted to test your skill and actually prove you wrong in realistic fights, you never answer.i won't even bother to explain to you how fragile is power berserker, because you are just in your own little world.

You seem to be confusing me with others then. I state my experiences playing Berserker in WvW and about 4 or 5 very vocal people on these forums make statements that only noobs fall for how I play. These same people go on to say that 95% of WvW players are noob. My commentary above is mostly tongue in cheek for them.

I don't take people's bait, mostly because I'm on IoJ with Zero desire to pay money to move servers just so someone can have a spitting contest, but also because it is generally 1 player who is constantly posting garbage threads both here and on the WvW forums that gets him called out for being a noob, so I've been ignoring his bluster for what it is.

I am 100% aware of berserker's lack of defense, and I have said here and elsewhere that you can either go all in on offense, or shore up your defense if you need to in order to survive. I find that going all in on offense works better for me, and I am very upfront that your mileage may vary with such an approach. You can ignore all that if you want, but full glass builds depend more on player skill than those with crutches like Endure Pain. I'd prefer to play with out the crutch and learn from my mishaps, but if you need it then you need it. Its as simple as that. I've stated in one of the Berserker update threads that Rousing Resilience in the Defense line is a strong trait to take on Berserker due to the 10s CD Outrage, the fact that it corrects the lack of toughness issue, and it gives you a small heal. Perhaps that is a way for you to get more utility out of at least one of the rage skills independent of being in Berserk Mode?

Back on topic:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:would be cool if berserker utilities changed when in berserk mode.

In several of the threads on the Berserker update people have suggested that the rage skills give adrenaline outside of Berserk Mode and extend Berserk Mode while you are in it. That may be overloading them with functionality, but its not like they are useless outside of Berserk Mode. Outrage is a 10s CD stunbreak, you're not going to find a shorter stunbreak in the warrior kit.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Funny, I go without Defense and EP in WvW on my Berserker and manage to survive just fine... But then Blood Reckoning is OP healing on a full dps spec.

eh, a berserker running pure damage (where it shines) vs a warrior running more of a duelist/sustainable build kind of speaks for itself...i mean, the person with defensive things is supposed to win against the build that doesn't have much, if anything at all, in terms of survivability....that's like saying "oh, hey you thief, fight my scrapper lel" it's like....well no duh the scrapper is going to win, the scrapper is BUILT to survive (depending on the build) vs a thief that is built (depending on build) to burst damage....i'd try another example.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Funny, I go without Defense and EP in WvW on my Berserker and manage to survive just fine... But then Blood Reckoning is OP healing on a full dps spec.

eh, a berserker running pure damage (where it shines) vs a warrior running more of a duelist/sustainable build kind of speaks for itself...i mean, the person with defensive things is supposed to win against the build that doesn't have much, if anything at all, in terms of survivability....that's like saying "oh, hey you thief, fight my scrapper lel" it's like....well no duh the scrapper is going to win, the scrapper is BUILT to survive (depending on the build) vs a thief that is built (depending on build) to burst damage....i'd try another example.

Not to mention the skill of the players behind each build. Bad players die regardless of the sustain they bring. Granted a Spellbreaker should always win versus a Berserker, but slapping Endure Pain on your bar is itself not enough. A Scrapper should also have an easier time versus a Berserker, but they can be killed with a full DPS spec. I have a Scrapper on my friends list that we go out of the way to find each other when are matched up. Haven't played him since the scrapper nerfs, but before they hit we were getting even with each other, couldn't kill him for the life of me for about a week in the beginning though.

@Ghos.1326 said:

Not the poiont, the point is Lan while running berserker with blood reckoning claims that he survive completely fine while recking people.also let's be real, even berserker running more of a duelist sustainable build will still lose and inferior even in 5v5