I've been impressed with the new release.

Kahrgan.7401

@Knuckle Joe.7408 said:

! And Steelcatcher plot twist was awesome. Kudos anet.

You didn't see that one coming? Really? I thought it was pretty obvious.

! Is it just me, or could Bangar be Rytlock's sire? He looks too young for it, but from what we were told about him during the story, he is much older than he looks like. And his attitude towards Rytlock seemed suspicious to me in terms of a possible relation.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

! Is it just me, or could Bangar be Rytlock's sire? He looks too young for it, but from what we were told about him during the story, he is much older than he looks like. And his attitude towards Rytlock seemed suspicious to me in terms of a possible relation.That's what I have been thinking all through the story, too. There were several hints in both of their behaviour and speech that could point to it.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

! Is it just me, or could Bangar be Rytlock's sire? He looks too young for it, but from what we were told about him during the story, he is much older than he looks like. And his attitude towards Rytlock seemed suspicious to me in terms of a possible relation.That's what I have been thinking all through the story, too. There were several hints in both of their behaviour and speech that could point to it.

Yeah, I've been wondering about it since they showed the clip at the event but dismissed the idea cause Bangar looks so young. But now Rytlock says Bangar has been imperator since he was a cub? Uhm okay. I guess either way Bangar is the charr equivalent of the "dermatologists hate him" meme. lol

@Vavume.8065 said:In terms of AP its a good map, in terms of rewards, not so much, it's fun for now but after the AP is done there will be no reason to play the map. I just hope the next map we get has rewarding meta events. Having said all that I'm enjoying the map for now.

I mean, some of the events are pretty fun, and in a repeatable way. I feel like having real life fun is more important than having imaginary wealth, reward-wise. YMMV.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

! And Steelcatcher plot twist was awesome. Kudos anet.

You didn't see that one coming? Really? I thought it was pretty obvious.

! Is it just me, or could Bangar be Rytlock's sire? He looks too young for it, but from what we were told about him during the story, he is much older than he looks like. And his attitude towards Rytlock seemed suspicious to me in terms of a possible relation.

! How is it obvious? There's literally no hint that he would do that, it looked like he would be another ally to Dragon's Stand, or another ally in general tbh. And the way Bangar is close to the female charr (forgot the name), how she says "Bangar is still Bangar" as well as how he says to rytlock "good thing your cub had me" leads me to think he's a childhood rival to rylock, and perhaps lover of the charr female after rytlock left the citadel/they had a fight.

@"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:How is it obvious? There's literally no hint that he would do that

If you have read as many suspense novels and/or have watched as many movies as I have, some things simply come to you, because very few writers are innovative these days when it comes to character portrayal and development. They all use the same stereotypes and techniques. That's why many movies bore me, because I already foresee their outcome due to certain dramaturgical means being used (directional and camera work, like angles, pauses, zooms, gestures and facial expressions, or certain plot devices etc).

So let me analyse this for you: Bangar's sleek attitude and the way he would intonate certain words already gave him away as a powerhungry racist who has plans of his own. You couldn't trust him from the start. Seeing as he just promoted a very young Steelcatcher and having said youngster's father on his blacklist, it was a good guess that he may use the son to get back at the father. For what reason exactly, we did not know at that point, but at least it was clear that Ryland would play a role in it on the "dark side" - unlike Almorra's son (who was also mentioned in ambient NPC dialogue, which was another hint towards it), he might yet find his "way back into the light"; sacrifices will likely be made (i.e., perhaps Rytlock or Crecia will die).