Why?

Aleksej.7453

@Ysmir.4986 said:Oh kitten! I know this one! Give me a sec...

Because this is a casual game and it allows all the cat ladies that suck at this game to still be able to kill something and feel good about themselves.Half true.Power build =/= skill. If some class/build is power based doesnt mean it takes more skill to play, for an example our loved holo :)With other hand we have condi mirage/condi thief that takes no skill whatsoever and allow you to outperform most of ppl who put way more effort than you

I still remember days when every1 played berserker amulet (xcept cele d/d ele maybe). Those were the days... Now it's all about killing high-skill builds and promoting lazy no-skill required builds. GG. In PvE caring for casuals might work. But in PvP caring for them won't work. Was always frustrated how they forced Mesmer to become condi cancer. And ofcz after that ppl cried how OP condi mirage is/was. Like... wth? Power builds are gettin destroyed but condi builds are being nerfed cuz ppl cry how OP it is. Where are we going with this kind of mentality? To the point where every class is crippled? Clearly listening to casuals / low skilled players won't do any good. Basically anet always listened to "average community playerbase".. and when you listen to "nerf this and nerf that..".. then you basically kill everything what used to make gw2 pvp great. Now every class feels crippled cuz some average joe that played this game 1 month made a forum post of how OP Thieves backstab is or how OP DH Traps were and sadly anet listened to him. Don't u feel like all the classes are handicapped or with some kind of disability? When expansions hit they tune up classes for ppl to get excited. Then after that... they slowly tune down those classes so much that u basically don't even want to play anymore. And even better.. they force some kind of stupid condi builds for them. Meh.. cycle continues.

@"Dave.6819" said:I still remember days when every1 played berserker amulet (xcept cele d/d ele maybe). Those were the days... Now it's all about killing high-skill builds and promoting lazy no-skill required builds. GG. In PvE caring for casuals might work. But in PvP caring for them won't work. Was always frustrated how they forced Mesmer to become condi cancer. And ofcz after that ppl cried how OP condi mirage is/was. Like... wth? Power builds are gettin destroyed but condi builds are being nerfed cuz ppl cry how OP it is. Where are we going with this kind of mentality? To the point where every class is crippled? Clearly listening to casuals / low skilled players won't do any good. Basically anet always listened to "average community playerbase".. and when you listen to "nerf this and nerf that..".. then you basically kill everything what used to make gw2 pvp great. Now every class feels crippled cuz some average joe that played this game 1 month made a forum post of how OP Thieves backstab is or how OP DH Traps were and sadly anet listened to him. Don't u feel like all the classes are handicapped or with some kind of disability? When expansions hit they tune up classes for ppl to get excited. Then after that... they slowly tune down those classes so much that u basically don't even want to play anymore. And even better.. they force some kind of stupid condi builds for them. Meh.. cycle continues.

And which days were that? Because in core, thief played marauder. Mesmer played Marauder. Necro played carrion. Ele played celestial. Ranger wasn't really played, but in the petting zoo days they played either carrion or rabid. Engineer ran celestial. Guardian ran cleric and warrior ran celestial or marauder depending on the meta.

In HoT; Daredevil once again ran marauder. Chronomancer switched to Mercenary (?) Reaper ran Mercenary and celestial. Tempest ran magi then mender. Druid used mender. Scrapper, I can't really remember as I never played the class. Dragonhunter ran marauder and warrior ran either demo or mercenary depending on the meta.

There has always been troll builds with zerk. But they were never meta.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Dave.6819" said:I still remember days when every1 played berserker amulet (xcept cele d/d ele maybe). Those were the days... Now it's all about killing high-skill builds and promoting lazy no-skill required builds. GG. In PvE caring for casuals might work. But in PvP caring for them won't work. Was always frustrated how they forced Mesmer to become condi cancer. And ofcz after that ppl cried how OP condi mirage is/was. Like... wth? Power builds are gettin destroyed but condi builds are being nerfed cuz ppl cry how OP it is. Where are we going with this kind of mentality? To the point where every class is crippled? Clearly listening to casuals / low skilled players won't do any good. Basically anet always listened to "average community playerbase".. and when you listen to "nerf this and nerf that..".. then you basically kill everything what used to make gw2 pvp great. Now every class feels crippled cuz some average joe that played this game 1 month made a forum post of how OP Thieves backstab is or how OP DH Traps were and sadly anet listened to him. Don't u feel like all the classes are handicapped or with some kind of disability? When expansions hit they tune up classes for ppl to get excited. Then after that... they slowly tune down those classes so much that u basically don't even want to play anymore. And even better.. they force some kind of stupid condi builds for them. Meh.. cycle continues.

And which days were that? Because in core, thief played marauder. Mesmer played Marauder. Necro played carrion. Ele played celestial. Ranger wasn't really played, but in the petting zoo days they played either carrion or rabid. Engineer ran celestial. Guardian ran cleric and warrior ran celestial or marauder depending on the meta.

In HoT; Daredevil once again ran marauder. Chronomancer switched to Mercenary (?) Reaper ran Mercenary and celestial. Tempest ran magi then mender. Druid used mender. Scrapper, I can't really remember as I never played the class. Dragonhunter ran marauder and warrior ran either demo or mercenary depending on the meta.

Is marauder not HoT stats?

Or, is this just released stats to pve and wvw at hot release?

I dont remember. I still often play with zerker ammy

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Marauder has been in PvP well before HoT as many low HP classes simply couldn't run power builds without bonus HP. Marauder became available in PvE and WvW at HoT launch.

All we need is demolisher in PvE/WvW and we can truly break the mode.

@apharma.3741 said:

Marauder has been in PvP well before HoT as many low HP classes simply couldn't run power builds without bonus HP. Marauder became available in PvE and WvW at HoT launch.

All we need is demolisher in PvE/WvW and we can truly break the mode.

In vanilla it was Berserker amulet but Marauder stats, that's why it is confusing

Thief played zerker/maraud. Mesmer played zerker. Power necro played zerker. Ele cele. Guard zerker or cleric for supp. Engi had that crazy nade with rabid or carrion or zerker turrets. Warrior zerker. Ranger zerker pew-pew or some condi trap bullsh*t. Point being people used to play lot more power rather then condi. That's how i remember PvP / WvW roaming. It was pre HoT. Like 2013-2014 or so if i'm not mistaken. Anyways.. we've come a long way from that and condi has always been and always will be a "free ticket" for winning.