Mirage Changes

dontlook.1823

When someone offers a semi-decent idea which is actually somewhat agreed upon, but then when the devs try to implement it they only remember <10% of the entire suggestion, accidently breaking the spec instead.

A change probably needs to happen at some point, but the feedback will undoubtedly be... unpredictable.

All I play is mirage so I would be sorely disappointed. Teams already give me the stink eye cause I'm good at a few bosses with high attacks. My average damage is about 30k with 40k on some bosses. The only thing is my average is sustainable compared to power. Some people don't understand that. Power has high burst then dips to like 17-20k

I can go ahead and make this a suggestion thread: I'd say I want the shatters to be dessert-themed. Like false Oasis as confusion and stuff. and maybe cactus juice :+1:

I wanna say "further flesh it's intended roles out by making shatters more survival/condition oriented while mostly discarding power", but if they're gonna do that - they oughta make sure that Chrono provides a good power niche so we ain't cutting a spec out of it's options. So, imo, touch mirage only when Chrono's truly fine. I'd also want them to make other grandmasters aside from IH worthwhile without nerfing IH, because it's honestly spec-defining feature aside from distortion dodge, which isn't a lot on it's own (for a class mechanic, that is - gameplay wise it's good).

Why would they change mirage shatters? Are they somehow overperforming, and if so, compared to what? Chrono had it good with continuum split- mirage doesn't have that, or chronophantasma. Chrono is a tanky boon-bot; mirage is not. No reason to change mirage shatters.

@Funky.4861 said:Why would they change mirage shatters? Are they somehow overperforming, and if so, compared to what? Chrono had it good with continuum split- mirage doesn't have that, or chronophantasma. Chrono is a tanky boon-bot; mirage is not. No reason to change mirage shatters.

They will because Tradeoffs® must be paid.

I expect at the very least the F4 shatter to become the new trigger for ambush attacks, and them to be pulled of the Mirage Cloak trigger. Assuming they don't take away all the shatters because only Infinite Horizon is any good and that gives you more damage than clone shatters anyway.

@"dontlook.1823" said:Two questions. Will they change Mirage Shatters as they did Chrono Shatters? How long will it take? Go nuts!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mirage already has clear game play and design difference from core mesmer. And Anet will most definitely fuck it over like they did with chrono. Also, not every elite need to change everything the class has.

All these changes "redesign" changes Anet has been doing have been a compete disaster. They should stop doing them, and just stick to fixing existing issues.

I thought Mirage Cloak itself was the trade-off. You can dodge at any point regardless of your actions, but you no longer move whilst dodging which has obvious consequences - especially now that Mirage Cloak duration was reduced.

Although Anet's trade-offs for Chrono and Daredevil hint at some inelegance coming our way for Mirage. Probably something odd like "Mirage can no longer where shoes" or something clunky like "Mirage shatters can only be activated whilst in Mirage Cloak". Shudder the thought my friends.

@Curunen.8729 said:I am surprised they didn't do anything this patch, and I still fully anticipate them doing something to Mirage F skills in a future patch.

I just hope any changes are sensible. They've still got to rework Elusive Mind for goodness sake.

I mean every patch they nerf this and that step by step.illusion of life, mantras,chaos storm, chaotic interuption, gutting chrono>now they nerfed chrono some more.whats worse is that they seem to be done with nerfs and now started compleatly removing traits form the game like CI or lost time. soon they will remove everything bit by bit and we will all be fucking warriors holos firebrands and thiefs