fat characters?

@Josiah.2967 said:

@Engal.6359 said:Run from magguma to elona and see if your still fat...

In all seriousness though, characters would be pretty trim by level 20 with all the running and fighting.

I'd still be fat because my mount did all the running ?

My Skyscale is nice and husky, but I am on a permadiet....

All it takes is for caloric intake to be greater than calories burned....with ascended food, that should be a given.

But at the same time, wouldn’t magic food mean you can choose to never get fat? Why would you choose to be overweight

@"Despond.2174" said:Society should be condoning a sensible diet and consistent exercise."Society should be condoning" any kind of body shape and NOT decide people are ill based on form comparison with others.Without testing the individual, there is literally NO proof of them being ill.

Generalizing ALL "over-weight" or "under-weight" people as ill is nothing short of body shaming.Body shaming is antisocial and should be a heavily punished offense.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Engal.6359 said:Run from magguma to elona and see if your still fat...

In all seriousness though, characters would be pretty trim by level 20 with all the running and fighting.

I'd still be fat because my mount did all the running ?

My Skyscale is nice and husky, but I am on a permadiet....

All it takes is for caloric intake to be greater than calories burned....with ascended food, that should be a given.

But at the same time, wouldn’t magic food mean you can choose to never get fat? Why would you choose to be overweight

I am not eating magic diet suvide steak and mint berry ice cream.

@"XenoSpyro.1780" said:Upcoming Fractal Instability : "Fat characters have 50% chance to fail attacks that have Leap finishers. A failed Leap attack will cause a 3s knockdown that ignores Stability, and 3s slowness condition. Your dodge rolls now cause damage, Launches enemies for 300 units, and is a blast finisher."

Dude... This was SOOOOO wasted... no one saw it!

Genius. Absofreaklinlutely genius.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:As much as I'd love to see it that actually seems less likely because I've heard it's not an easy thing to change.

Is it really that hard to simply mirror a character model?If even Nintendo managed to do it with an entire game YEARS ago, modern computers should have no problem with mirroring characters.

more one to the list of simple things that anet cant change because "is too hard".... ... we already had the 2d menu options and character selection screen.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Despond.2174" said:Society should be condoning a sensible diet and consistent exercise."Society should be condoning" any kind of body shape and NOT decide people are ill based on form comparison with others.Without testing the individual, there is literally NO proof of them being ill.

Generalizing ALL "over-weight" or "under-weight" people as ill is nothing short of body shaming.Body shaming is antisocial and should be a heavily punished offense.

The amount of factual medical science you are arguing against is astonishing. No, society should 100% absolutely not condone someone being 600 pounds, slamming down calories, and putting increased stress on an already taxed healthcare system because "I do wut I wunt!"

@"Despond.2174" said:I can assure you being overweight for the majority of humans has severe medical ramifications - some may take time to develop so it may appear you are fine. Let's not go >into exceptions to try justify a clearly proven medical issue. I know plenty of smokers who are healthy, yet I would never recommend being a smoker.

Too much extra weight on your frame not only increases you chances for heart stress/issues, it increases your chance of developing diabetes, many related types of >cancers, high blood pressure, arterial issues, tendons/bone stress and so on. It also has many visual draw backs such as stretch marks and it can change the geneticmake-up of your fat storage system, permanently .Society should be condoning a sensible diet and consistent exercise. This has positives effects on your economy, working population and healthcare system.

Quoting this as one of the few sensible responses here. People talk about how broken the healthcare system is but then go on to defend people being morbidly obese and requiring drastically increased healthcare. You're talking about a slew of unnecessary problems in your late 40s to early 50s including cardiac, circulatory, and musculoskeletal issues. But don't listen to some random guy on the internet who may or may not actually work in the medical field, listen to actual medical research or I dunno, ask your doctor.

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0101/p81.html

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/an-epidemic-of-obesity/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3033553/ To quote an important part from this "Obesity is the next major epidemiologic challenge facing today's doctors, with the annual allocation of healthcare resources for the disease and related comorbidities projected to exceed $150 billion in the United States."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States#/media/File:Obesity_state_level_estimates_1985-2010.gif This gif shows the drastic increase in obesity by state from 1985-2010 year by year. In 1985, there literally was not a state with data above 10-14%, by 2010 every single state had obesity rates greater than 20% with a large number of states over 30%. 2019 is even worse.