Why is the Permastealth thief a thing?

Virdo.1540

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:What is the point of this thread?

They kept getting killed by a stealthed thief.

no its just broken kitten if a thief keeps stealth forever in any kind of keep or so even while marked and revealed

thought they had fixed it or is it now a feature?

it's been a feature since guild wars 2 beta. For the past 8 years; the community has given Anet enough evidence of how unhealthy and toxic perma-stealth is.

During the past 8 years, Perma-stealth has resulted in guild wars 2 population drops including new-potential players from enjoying the game.

Thief Profession in itself continue to be the main Profession who is responsible for the game decline as a whole for being toxic in wvw and pvp.

Anet once again will continue to ignore this matter. Why you ask? Why not??

Perma-stealth is toxic to any healthy competition

The only solution is to go elsewhere where players experiences and their enjoyment matters

Nothing will change-8 years is enough evidence that players healthy fun competition does not matter-

(i recently wrote a post about how Guild Wars 1 continue to embrace players experiences and their enjoyments)

take a look-

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/87353/future-potential-wvw-centric-balance-changes-september-13th-2019#latest

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:What is the point of this thread?

no its just broken kitten if a thief keeps stealth forever in any kind of keep or so even while marked and revealed

it's been a feature since guild wars 2 beta. For the past 8 years; the community has given Anet enough evidence of how unhealthy and toxic perma-stealth is.

During the past 8 years, Perma-stealth has resulted in guild wars 2 population drops including new-potential players from enjoying the game.

Thief Profession in itself continue to be the main Profession who is responsible for the game decline as a whole for being toxic in wvw and pvp.

Anet once again will continue to ignore this matter. Why you ask? Why not??

Perma-stealth is toxic to any healthy competition

The only solution is to go elsewhere where players experiences and their enjoyment matters

Nothing will change-8 years is enough evidence that players healthy fun competition does not matter-

(i recently wrote a post about how Guild Wars 1 continue to embrace players experiences and their enjoyments)

take a look-

Just a thought, but the HoT development cycle was the one where thief was considered so bad in sPvP that people would AFK until you rerolled, and it was also the same period in which GW2 lost eSports status. So if you want to blame something for the decline in competitive play during that period, how about picking something that was actually meta? You know, like the bunker chrono & herald meta that practically killed the weekly tournaments by itself etc.

@Virdo.1540 said:Its unbelievably broken and everyone can win in wvw against every t3 lord with ease, while not being revealed or anything like this. This is some broken k*tten.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:What is the point of this thread?

no its just broken kitten if a thief keeps
stealth forever in any kind of keep or so even while marked and revealed

Something tells me you don't actually play thief.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Wait...how does one stay stealthed in a flipped keep while marked for like 5 mins?

being marked doesnt make u visible. It just makes u visible after 2-3 seconds or so, which is no problem to always refresh before revealing

Does it not force you out of stealth even for a second regardless? What I am reading from what you state, I could technically stand in an SR (that pulses stealth) and not be revealed while it pulses

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Wait...how does one stay stealthed in a flipped keep while marked for like 5 mins?

being marked doesnt make u visible. It just makes u visible after 2-3 seconds or so, which is no problem to always refresh before revealing

Does it not force you out of stealth even for a second regardless? What I am reading from what you state, I could technically stand in an SR (that pulses stealth) and not be revealed while it pulses

People are making fun of you as you clearly don't understand the marked mechanic. I'll assume you're either new to the game or new to thief and explain it.

Fyi, when marked is applied to you, it means you can only stay in stealth for 2s before you're forcibly revealed for 6s. The only way to cleanse this reveal is through shadow meld, and even then it only gives you another 2s of stealth before you're revealed again. Shadow meld has a 5s internal cooldown and a 45s cooldown on charges, max 2 charges. This makes it impossible to stay in stealth for more than 2s, or 4s with a split second of visibility in the middle followed by 3s being visible and not being able to do anything about it.

Bottom line; if someone is marked, they cannot permastealth. Claiming they can just makes you look silly, so don't do that.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

People are making fun of you as you clearly don't understand the marked mechanic. I'll assume you're either new to the game or new to thief and explain it.

Fyi, when marked is applied to you, it means you can only stay in stealth for 2s before you're forcibly revealed for 6s. The only way to cleanse this reveal is through shadow meld, and even then it only gives you another 2s of stealth before you're revealed again. Shadow meld has a 5s internal cooldown and a 45s cooldown on charges, max 2 charges. This makes it impossible to stay in stealth for more than 2s, or 4s with a split second of visibility in the middle followed by 3s being visible and not being able to do anything about it.

Bottom line; if someone is marked, they cannot permastealth. Claiming they can just makes you look silly, so don't do that.

well after all, the sniper can still become invisible after every dodge roll, doesnt matter if marked from keep ,another deadeye or even through a Marker-trap.Its not like having a 6second cooldown of being invisible again. With the right "macro" ,its possible to stay on one spot in an keep for hours without being ever seen

@Virdo.1540 said:

well after all, the sniper can still become invisible after every dodge roll, doesnt matter if marked from keep ,another deadeye or even through a Marker-trap.Its not like having a 6second cooldown of being invisible again. With the right "macro" ,its possible to stay on one spot in an keep for hours without being ever seen

I literally just explained the marked mechanic to you. Did you read what I wrote?

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I literally just explained the marked mechanic to you. Did you read what I wrote?

ye, but seems like u dont know every bit of the thief. It is a broken mechanic of the thief, that only some single players know about. Ofc i can understand that they want to keep it for themselves instead of getting it fixed, so im not getting into it anymore anyway.

@Virdo.1540 said:

ye, but seems like u dont know every bit of the thief. It is a broken mechanic of the thief, that only some single players know about. Ofc i can understand that they want to keep it for themselves instead of getting it fixed, so im not getting into it anymore anyway.

Well with the reading comprehension skills you've shown here I'm sure you'll do great. Assuming you make it past the door marked "pull".

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Well with the reading comprehension skills you've shown here I'm sure you'll do great. Assuming you make it past the door marked "pull".

ye whatever , thanks for ur time

@Virdo.1540 said:

Tell you what, make a fully stealth equipped thief and try permastealthing while stood next to an enemy sentry. You'll work it out sooner or later.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I used to main Thief/DrD in WvW (and i run it sometimes...but not often) so I didnt know if there was something I was legit missing. Def not new to the game or class (hence my SR comment shows I have an understanding)

I appreciate the explanation however

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Tell you what, make a fully stealth equipped thief and try permastealthing while stood next to an enemy sentry. You'll work it out sooner or later.

guild members already tried it out, still doesnt want to talk about such. So, ye it already worked out

@"Virdo.1540" said:well after all, the sniper can still become invisible after every dodge roll, doesnt matter if marked from keep ,another deadeye or even through a Marker-trap.Its not like having a 6second cooldown of being invisible again. With the right "macro" ,its possible to stay on one spot in an keep for hours without being ever seen

I do believe that Anet will delete the Thief entirely if the community ever finds out there is a perma-Stealth AND perma-evade Deadeye build. Fortunately, due to the perma-Stealth capability, no one will ever see it.

It reminds me of the old perma-Stealth Thief from Cloak and Daggering walls. Poor walls... they were the most Vulnerable of targets, and suffered for too long, but finally got their justice.

P.S. With all of this Revealing utility in WvW, can we restore CnD's full potential again?

@Kageseigi.2150 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:well after all, the sniper can still become invisible after every dodge roll, doesnt matter if marked from keep ,another deadeye or even through a Marker-trap.Its not like having a 6second cooldown of being invisible again. With the right "macro" ,its possible to stay on one spot in an keep for hours without being ever seen

I do believe that Anet will delete the Thief entirely if the community ever finds out there is a perma-Stealth AND perma-evade Deadeye build. Fortunately, due to the perma-Stealth capability, no one will ever see it.

It reminds me of the old perma-Stealth Thief from Cloak and Daggering walls. Poor walls... they were the most Vulnerable of targets, and suffered for too long, but finally got their justice.

P.S. With all of this Revealing utility in WvW, can we restore CnD's full potential again?

i dont think they are gonna change anything regarding to that. And reveals arent really helping since they just can teleport away instantly after being invisible, evade the reveal or just cleanse it away

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I used to main Thief/DrD in WvW (and i run it sometimes...but not often) so I didnt know if there was something I was legit missing. Def not new to the game or class (hence my SR comment shows I have an understanding)

I appreciate the explanation however

I actually intended to quote Virdo's reply to your post originally and evidently misclicked, so apologies for that. I remember you from the old forums going way back as it happens ^^