Why should I train Chef to level 500?

GW Noob.6038

@GW Noob.6038 said:Title. As an individual it seems rather pointless to go to all the trouble (hassle and expense) to train my Chef skill to level 500...so, why do it? Enlighten me.

Edit: Thanks for all the responses, guys! For me, there is no benefit to raising my Chef discipline to level 500. I don't care about achievement points or titles, and I never do raids, fractals, WvW, or PvP content. Thought I would get some opinions just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks again, guys!

Edit #2: Ahh, guys...I just thought of a good reason to level my Chef skills: Metabolic Primers. I forgot about those because I hardly ever use them as they are way too expensive. I have 112 Black Lion Chest keys and enough chests to use them on...as soon as Anet changes the contents of the BLC to something that I want to try for I'll see if I can get some Metabolic Primers out of the deal. ;)

If you have the Garden Plots in your home instance you can make Metabolic Primers. They're not the 12 hour ones, they last 2 hours, but they're basically free. There are certain plants you grow in your garden and a recipe for the primers. You can make the utility primers too.

@Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:Title. As an individual it seems rather pointless to go to all the trouble (hassle and expense) to train my Chef skill to level 500...so, why do it? Enlighten me.

Edit: Thanks for all the responses, guys! For me, there is no benefit to raising my Chef discipline to level 500. I don't care about achievement points or titles, and I never do raids, fractals, WvW, or PvP content. Thought I would get some opinions just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks again, guys!

Edit #2: Ahh, guys...I just thought of a good reason to level my Chef skills: Metabolic Primers. I forgot about those because I hardly ever use them as they are way too expensive. I have 112 Black Lion Chest keys and enough chests to use them on...as soon as Anet changes the contents of the BLC to something that I want to try for I'll see if I can get some Metabolic Primers out of the deal. ;)

If you have the Garden Plots in your home instance you can make Metabolic Primers. They're not the 12 hour ones, they last 2 hours, but they're basically free. There are certain plants you grow in your garden and a recipe for the primers. You can make the utility primers too.

This is very useful information! Thanks for posting that!

You earn a garden plot at the home instance

You can gather varietal seeds and plant them for extra gold (some are more expensive than T6 nowadays)

You can craft ascended food, these foods have really amazing stats for any kind of game mode and they last for 1h instead of 30 min like the regular foods

Earn a few achievement points

Making the whole ascended cooking collection makes you jump from coking 400 to 500 with very little effort