Episodes how often?

Zoid.2568

I heard that the episodes will release more frequent than before, as the Saga will replace expansions. Episodes in the seasons before released every 3 months. I also heard that you will do as you did with Dry Top and expand the map with new episodes. A new episode every month would have been great, but I doubt it can be made possible. Though, if you replace Expansions with Sagas, then the team that worked on expansions will work on the sagas, right? The content in this episode is about 5 hours if you want to experience everything and level up the masteries. To unlock all the achievements, maybe you will have to spend 10-15 hours. So for someone who plays 1 hour everyday they complete it all within 2 weeks.

It will prob be shorter schedule, albeit itll potentially grow in gap length towards the end depending on scope.However if we get this little, and this shallow a depth, then Id prefer them to go back to a schedule that brings out deep and meaningful content. Id rather have a quarterly patch with a decent sized story and a couple of maps than something this short ever again.

Everyone will have a different idea, but persinally id much prefer to wait and get a substantial and meaningful piece of content when it is ready, than hit an arbitrary schedule and drip fed bits. This felt like half an episode.

@"Zoid.2568" said:I heard that the episodes will release more frequent than before, as the Saga will replace expansions. Episodes in the seasons before released every 3 months. I also heard that you will do as you did with Dry Top and expand the map with new episodes. A new episode every month would have been great, but I doubt it can be made possible. Though, if you replace Expansions with Sagas, then the team that worked on expansions will work on the sagas, right? The content in this episode is about 5 hours if you want to experience everything and level up the masteries. To unlock all the achievements, maybe you will have to spend 10-15 hours. So for someone who plays 1 hour everyday they complete it all within 2 weeks.

we will get same wintersday, lunar new years holiday events like every year. Anet calls that as "new content".So i would say episode 2 will be released 2 months after these 2 events. So in a middle or end of february

@vyncius.6105 said:

@"Zoid.2568" said:I heard that the episodes will release more frequent than before, as the Saga will replace expansions. Episodes in the seasons before released every 3 months. I also heard that you will do as you did with Dry Top and expand the map with new episodes. A new episode every month would have been great, but I doubt it can be made possible. Though, if you replace Expansions with Sagas, then the team that worked on expansions will work on the sagas, right? The content in this episode is about 5 hours if you want to experience everything and level up the masteries. To unlock all the achievements, maybe you will have to spend 10-15 hours. So for someone who plays 1 hour everyday they complete it all within 2 weeks.

we will get same wintersday, lunar new years holiday events like every year. Anet calls that as "new content".So i would say episode 2 will be released 2 months after these 2 events. So in a middle or end of february

If it's in february it is still 3 months and same as before. No difference.

@Zoid.2568 said:

@Zoid.2568 said:I heard that the episodes will release more frequent than before, as the Saga will replace expansions. Episodes in the seasons before released every 3 months. I also heard that you will do as you did with Dry Top and expand the map with new episodes. A new episode every month would have been great, but I doubt it can be made possible. Though, if you replace Expansions with Sagas, then the team that worked on expansions will work on the sagas, right? The content in this episode is about 5 hours if you want to experience everything and level up the masteries. To unlock all the achievements, maybe you will have to spend 10-15 hours. So for someone who plays 1 hour everyday they complete it all within 2 weeks.

If it's in february it is still 3 months and same as before. No difference.

its because anet wintersday counts as fresh content, which isnt.

@Zoid.2568 said:I heard that the episodes will release more frequent than before, as the Saga will replace expansions. Episodes in the seasons before released every 3 months. I also heard that you will do as you did with Dry Top and expand the map with new episodes. A new episode every month would have been great, but I doubt it can be made possible. Though, if you replace Expansions with Sagas, then the team that worked on expansions will work on the sagas, right? The content in this episode is about 5 hours if you want to experience everything and level up the masteries. To unlock all the achievements, maybe you will have to spend 10-15 hours. So for someone who plays 1 hour everyday they complete it all within 2 weeks.

Anet said nothing about replacing expansions only that there isn't one currently in development.They would never straight up state that there isn't going to be expansions anymore because they would loose a large number of players if they did and they know that.

Anet know a lot of us are very.. VERY! anxious for the next expansion already and they also know that we know that they know this because of articles and interviews that have taken place with Anet employees.. not to mention they even teased us all with an ocean themed april fools expansion a while back which also confirmed that they also know a large number of players are very eager to have story and content focused on the Unending Ocean and the Elder Dragon that lives within it.

Whether or not there is an expansion in development right now only Anet would actually know and even if there was one in the works Anet certainly wouldn't tell us about it at this point anyway so it's really down to what you believe on that front.The timing however is definitely due so if there isn't one in the works then there most certainly should be one soon, No expansions for more than 3 years is going to be pushing people's patience a bit.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Anet said nothing about replacing expansions only that there isn't one currently in development.They would never straight up state that there isn't going to be expansions anymore because they would loose a large number of players if they did and they know that.

Anet know a lot of us are very.. VERY! anxious for the next expansion already and they also know that we know that they know this because of articles and interviews that have taken place with Anet employees.. not to mention they even teased us all with an ocean themed april fools expansion a while back which also confirmed that they also know a large number of players are very eager to have story and content focused on the Unending Ocean and the Elder Dragon that lives within it.

Whether or not there is an expansion in development right now only Anet would actually know and even if there was one in the works Anet certainly wouldn't tell us about it at this point anyway so it's really down to what you believe on that front.The timing however is definitely due so if there isn't one in the works then there most certainly should be one soon, No expansions for more than 3 years is going to be pushing people's patience a bit.

They never said wvw will be neglected, 4 years and counting w/o content. Mount isnt a content.Same goes for dungeons.We will never get new expansion, never ever again, same goes with fractals, dungeons, raids.

@vyncius.6105 said:

I'm going to go the opposite of your schedule and say the Episode 2 falls in between Wintersday and Lunar New Year, there's plenty of time between those 2 for that to happen.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

I'm going to go the opposite of your schedule and say the Episode 2 falls in between Wintersday and Lunar New Year, there's plenty of time between those 2 for that to happen.

no chance, christmas, new year

@vyncius.6105 said:

They never said wvw will be neglected, 4 years and counting w/o content. Mount isnt a content.Same goes for dungeons.We will never get new expansion, never ever again, same goes with fractals, dungeons, raids.

WvW was never going to be a core focus of Gw2.. it was just a big feature that ultimately missed the mark and became a monotonous borefest.

That said there is a revamp in the works that'll hopefulyl bring people back to the game mode and it's been known for a long time..I really tire of people complaining about WvW being neglected when we've known for months about new features and reworks being confirmed and those features have been in development for a long time.. ergo hardly neglected.We should be greatful we even have that to look forward too cause if it were my decision I would have written off WvW as a pointless failed experiment many years ago.

WvW could have been something really great in concept but it just turned into a bad joke.Supposed to be big battles and capturing and defending your territory but noooo.. people would rather run around in a big circle capturing the same outposts over and over and over and over and over again... that's what i'd call relentless boredom.

Effectively what killed the fun of WvW for me was WvW players more than anything.. I wanted those big battles and PvP warfare.. not a glorified zetg/running simulator with the occasional bit of combat.I can't even count the times we've intentionally let our outposts etc get captured just so we can recapture them for the rewards..That is what killed WvW more than anything.. it became more rewarding to do that than to actually have big WvW battles!.. and that's why WvW ultimately sucks.

@vyncius.6105 said:

Chinese Lunar New Year isn't until the 25th of January, they could end Wintersday on the 7th of January, Ep. 2 on the 14th and Lunar New Year on the 28th...I'm saying they could, whether they will or not is a different story. Besides, Mike Z already said they had 4 teams working concurrently, though that 4th team isn't really assigned to do episodes, but other stuff and to help the 3 main teams work on their episodes.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Chinese Lunar New Year isn't until the 25th of January, they could end Wintersday on the 7th of January, Ep. 2 on the 14th and Lunar New Year on the 28th...I'm saying they could, whether they will or not is a different story. Besides, Mike Z already said they had 4 teams working concurrently, though that 4th team isn't really assigned to do episodes, but other stuff and to help the 3 main teams work on their episodes.

Team 4 is its own team, they dont help the rest of the teams, they are working on something unannounced.