which graphic card do you use?

Hello,i bought a new card (5700 XT) but the performance in guild wars 2 was so bad (drops and stuttering) that i decided after googling to send the card back and buy another card (nvidia). currently iam playing with my old card (gtx 1060 3gb) and the game is performing way better than with the 5700 :D.

i want a newer card to play some new games like Battlefield V, Red Dead Redemption etc.. i wanted to buy the RTX 2070 but after googling it i found the thread (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/77084/poor-performance-on-modern-hardware-unplayable-framerates#latest) where someone is having this card and also have massive problems with the performance.

so my question: which card are you using? i definitely want to buy a nvidia..

The real question is to see where your bottleneck is, is it the GPU or the CPU that causes drops in the frame rate.GW2 is very demanding on the CPU side (single core performance) meaning no matter how much you upgrade your GPU, frame rates won't improve by a lot (if at all) Posting some more information about your system might help.

To answer the thread question: I'm using an R9 390 and never had issues with Guild Wars 2 performance, although the word "performance" means different things for different people, for me it's to have stable fps. I play at near max settings* and get around 50 fps (including in Lion's Arch and large meta events)I have Radeon Chill enabled to lock the frame rate to 50 so it's consistent across all maps and modes, GW2 allows locking to 30 (which is too low for me) and 60 (which is too high for places like LA or crowded areas in general) so I cap it at 50 and it's stable everywhere. I have an I7-6700k CPU that mostly chills (with the exception of one poor core that gets hammered)

• I don't use AA, Render Sampling set to normal, Character Model Limit set to lowest and Character Model Quality set to medium, all else to highest possible value

I actually use the same card u use gtx 1060 3gb and I play both gw2 and battlefield v and I m just pleased with it. I mean I see no reason to change it since I don't get any problems with it. Planning on getting rdr 2 too but I think it will perform decent there as well. I would say hold ur money for some time more until smt better comes out unless u want over the top performance and u r the kind of ultra 120 fps or nothing :P

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:Many users have reported poor DX9 performance on the new 5700XT such as this - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cmqnbw/navi_and_dx9_performance_we_saw_some_threads_in/

As a sort of solution you could use D9VK for GW2 which makes use of Vulkan instead of Direct3D. Project page - https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk

Or d912pxy (which I find works better):https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/wiki/Installing

@schniiii.6293 said:Hello,i bought a new card (5700 XT) but the performance in guild wars 2 was so bad (drops and stuttering) that i decided after googling to send the card back and buy another card (nvidia). currently iam playing with my old card (gtx 1060 3gb) and the game is performing way better than with the 5700 :D.

I'm never a big fan of Radeon GPUs. I've wasted enough money to know that it's not a good brand and AMD purchasing it makes no difference. Even though NVidia is pricey, I know for a fact that I'm getting my money's worth. But I'm cheap, I waited until GTX 1070 went on sale before I bought it. :)

Currently? It's a GTX 1050 but I'm thinking about upgrading my entire system soon and get a 1070 ti (yes, I know I could go higher but I'm on a budget) then as my current system is about 2 (almost 3 years old) and I'm not really satisfied anymore since I expanded my library a bit and most games like Monster Hunter World for example tend to run horribly. Also I'd like to have something that can last overall for a much longer time. I don't even need to play at 4K and I don't even want to play AA titles as they don't interest me at all. Only thing I'm still not certain about is which CPU pairs the best with the GPU but I'll know that soon for sure.What's very strange is that on my current setup (which is very much below average I guess) stuff like ESO for example tends to run on high settings between 80 and 100fps (not depending on population or certain maps which is weird for a mmo) while GW2 was running on highest settings between 60 and 100+fps (depending on population and certain maps of course) pre PoF. After PoF the overall performance did decrease to and average of 40 and 60 (and it doesn't matter how low I turn the settings because highest and lowest both result in the same for me) and with each new release I feel like everything drops by 5%. I heard that people with even high end stuff have the same problems since PoF. My guess is that the engine desperately needs an overhaul and some support for at least DX11. Hell, even GW1 runs better and GW2 is using a heavily modified version of the previous game's engine. It can't be hard to upgrade the engine already after 7 years... Even WoW got an engine upgrade and is much older.