Arena Net ignoring support tickets

@Seera.5916 said:

I (and others) also have a problem of reporting an player where the behavior shouldnt be tolerated. We have tried the ingame report function, multiple times with no luck.So i decided to make an ticket directly to the support. One ticket every 7months or so, if nothing has changed. They only copy-pasted the answere to use the ingame-report. Even asked for evidence ,which they havent even looked at(there are view-counters :bleep_bloop: ) After always copying the same thing and asking for things, they directly closed every ticket , so i had to make an new one for an answere. What happened? They gave an 30days ban from the support ticket due to what they wanna call "spam".Still nothing happened.

Since they wont help (not even the leading staff), are there other options where we/i could get "help" from?Not knowing the full story, it's entirely possible they
have
checked your report, and just didn't find the behaviour of the player in question to warrant taking action. Or they have taken action, and you just haven't noticed it (it's easy to miss someone getting a 72h hour suspension, for example).

Remember, that the one thing they will definitely not do is to tell you how they've reacted to it. They made it clear over the years, that (unless the reported player starts airing things in public first) they won't be discussing any matters related to report with any third party. Player sending report also being considered a third party. There might be occasional exceptions to it, when the case is so big they just have to make a public response, but for 99.9% of cases you will never actually learn whether they did something (and if so, what exactly they did).

We are "spectating" the whole thing since beginning and now if any action has been taken or not, which hasnt. Their behavior is against the rules but the support doesnt care about anything.Not even an 1h suspension has been given.

Some of the people complaining about this player say "A game where the support doesnt care about anything is equal to a dead game"

How do you know they weren't punished?

You can't trust the person you reported, they want to make it seem like reporting them is pointless so of course they are going to say they weren't banned. ANet won't discuss what punishment has been given except with the person they punished and then only via ticket unless they come on the forum claiming innocence. So you can't ask ANet.

So again, how do you know?

If it was the first offense and the transgression was minor, they may have also just been punished with a verbal warning and no ban/suspension issued.

anything besides an ban (even temporary) wouldnt be an punishment. Do this person got banned? no. Not even for an hour. Everything can be seen through stuff like the crappy friendlist&blocklist system etc.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:We are "spectating" the whole thing since beginning and now if any action has been taken or not, which hasnt. Their behavior is against the rules but the support doesnt care about anything.Not even an 1h suspension has been given.

Some of the people complaining about this player say "A game where the support doesnt care about anything is equal to a dead game"

Sounds like someone would like to speak to a manager.

Wouldnt be a bad idea, but they dont even have one.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Again, how do you know they weren't 'banned, even for an hour', unless you are watching them 24/7? Which, again, amounts to stalking.

It's really not anyone's business but ArenaNet's after someone has been reported. The ArenaNet team decides what, if anything, should be done, and once reported it's out of the reportee's hands.

There are hundreds of people that would notice if those players wouldnt be doing what hes doing.

Also even if its arenanets business, and they would allow breaking their rules, Whats this game then?

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Again, how do you know they weren't 'banned, even for an hour', unless you are watching them 24/7? Which, again, amounts to stalking.

It's really not anyone's business but ArenaNet's after someone has been reported. The ArenaNet team decides what, if anything, should be done, and once reported it's out of the reportee's hands.

There are hundreds of people that would notice if those players wouldnt be doing what hes doing.

Also even if its arenanets business, and they would allow breaking their rules, Whats this game then?

And those hundreds of people were also spending all of their time in game watching to see if they got banned? How do you guys play when you're spending all of your time watching who is and who is not banned?

@Seera.5916 said:

And those hundreds of people were also spending all of their time in game watching to see if they got banned? How do you guys play when you're spending all of your time watching who is and who is not banned?

People dont spend time watching, they just simply see sometimes if this person ISNT online. The online-uptime contains between 23-24hours a day , 7days the week.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"Mr Hildebrand.6742" said:Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue? This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable for any kind of company and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

We checked with our Customer Support team to see if we could resolve this for you. Your tickets have already been reviewed by four separate GMs all the way up to our Lead GM, and they've sent multiple responses, giving all of the information that they're able to. As explained, our CS team is not able to provide information regarding how they detect third party software and breaches to our terms of use.

I (and others) also have a problem of reporting an player where the behavior shouldnt be tolerated. We have tried the ingame report function, multiple times with no luck.So i decided to make an ticket directly to the support. One ticket every 7months or so, if nothing has changed. They only copy-pasted the answere to use the ingame-report. Even asked for evidence ,which they havent even looked at(there are view-counters :bleep_bloop: ) After always copying the same thing and asking for things, they directly closed every ticket , so i had to make an new one for an answere. What happened? They gave an 30days ban from the support ticket due to what they wanna call "spam".Still nothing happened.

Since they wont help (not even the leading staff), are there other options where we/i could get "help" from?

If it concerns offensive language the chat filter would remove, and you have the filter set to off, odds are they can't be justified in removing a player from the game who's inappropriate behavior would have been removed by the automated, defaulted-on system that you deliberately disabled and confirmed the warning box about. There is also a block list for a reason, and harassment problems only really manifest when there is a concerted effort across multiple accounts/players to haze and harass another player. Being a jerk is sadly not bannable unless it hits certain levels which are usually defined in the ToS.

Flooding the system with the same exact ticket is considered spam and is against the rules for their support system, which you agreed to having read and used prior to making the ticket as well.

It is not spam if they ask for answere and close right afterwards or there is a delay between every ticket of +6months

but enough of that. Otherwise its going to get into detail and would cause some more problems.Its getting off topic. The topic from me was if there is an option to take if the support (via ticket system) isnt helping at all.

@Virdo.1540 said:

People dont spend time watching, they just simply see sometimes if this person ISNT online. The online-uptime contains between 23-24hours a day , 7days the week.

@"Mr Hildebrand.6742" said:Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue? This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable for any kind of company and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

We checked with our Customer Support team to see if we could resolve this for you. Your tickets have already been reviewed by four separate GMs all the way up to our Lead GM, and they've sent multiple responses, giving all of the information that they're able to. As explained, our CS team is not able to provide information regarding how they detect third party software and breaches to our terms of use.

Since they wont help (not even the leading staff), are there other options where we/i could get "help" from?

If it concerns offensive language the chat filter would remove, and you have the filter set to off, odds are they can't be justified in removing a player from the game who's inappropriate behavior would have been removed by the automated, defaulted-on system that you deliberately disabled and confirmed the warning box about. There is also a block list for a reason, and harassment problems only really manifest when there is a concerted effort across multiple accounts/players to haze and harass another player. Being a jerk is sadly not bannable unless it hits certain levels which are usually defined in the ToS.

Flooding the system with the same exact ticket is considered spam and is against the rules for their support system, which you agreed to having read and used prior to making the ticket as well.

It is not spam if they ask for answere and close right afterwards or there is a delay between every ticket of +6months

but enough of that. Otherwise its going to get into detail and would cause some more problems.Its getting off topic. The topic from me was if there is an option to take if the support (via ticket system) isnt helping at all.

Ok, so you can't guarantee that they haven't been punished if it's only people by chance seeing it. They may have by chance missed the person's ban time.

@Seera.5916 said:

Ok, so you can't guarantee that they haven't been punished if it's only people by chance seeing it. They may have by chance missed the person's ban time.

so u would say it would have been an ban for some hours?

@Virdo.1540 said:

so u would say it would have been an ban for some hours?

I don't know. You don't know.

The only people or group of people who know are ANet and the person who broke the rules. Given that ANet does not discuss their punishments for players except with the player in question and only via ticket unless they're personally claiming innocence on the forum, we're not likely to know for certain as if this person is the troublemaker you make them out to be, they aren't likely to tell you they were punished because they want you to give up on reporting them.

So report them when they've crossed the line and ANet will do what the rules dictate. Remember that some things are easier said than done to prove and some things they don't punish right away to avoid their detection methods from being discovered.

I really enjoy reading threads like this when someone tries to stir up trouble against the developers and it turns out they were breaking the rules all along. And to think that threads like this can at times cause an uproar here, and especially on reddit, even when the thread starters aren't honest, or are clearly at fault. People need to be less gullible about things they read on the internet. Fortunately this particular thread didn't turn into a flame war but it's a valuable lesson

@Mr Hildebrand.6742 said:Does anyone else have this problem? I've literally been waiting two weeks for my issue to be resolved and I still have got nothing. It took one week for me to get an offhand response that didn't amount to anything and it's been another week since that reply. What's going on over there that they can't even help fans of 15 years with a minor issue? This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable for any kind of company and it should not and will not be tolerated anymore.

Nop, Got answer less than 24 hours. But i see moderator anser for u. You did not give us the full truth. Thus, you came forum to defame them.

Hm, i was about to create my own thread, but i guess i can use this one. It also involves little bit of ignoring support request. And i will be very very honest.

Yesterday, email service mail.ru faced techical problem in which almost all mail boxes were unavailable, and some simply disappeared.I wasn't able to log-in for about 7 hours, because i had email codes. During that time i've decided to move my GW2 from compromised mail.ru to more reliable Google's Gmail.I've send a request for email change, providing information with atleast one license code to prove my ownership of account. But for some reason that wasn't enough, and i've send more info ( almost enough for my account to be claimed by someone else, if this info will leak ).16 hours have passed, and my email still not changed. When mail.ru restored their service i've been able to log-in and immediately turned on sms codes. Despite that, my GW2 account still linked to compromised email service and email box. Everything been explained in my initial support ticket request.

In what time do i get account reset link to change my email?Why email change is so complicated, considering that GW2 account have SMS codes implemented?

P.s. i've recieved account reset link, 5 mins after writing this. But still process of email change is far too complicated, and 16 hours of waiting is little bit too much.