Icebrood Saga Reward Track is now pointless.

ChronosCosmos.9450

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:I think they want you to actually explore the map and gather it from the nodes. The node gives way, way more.The metas give a lot too. I got 100 from doing Drakkar, but I just wanted to let people know that you should replace your reward track. I didn't know that Eternal Ice was nerfed so I want to let others know.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:I think they want you to actually explore the map and gather it from the nodes. The node gives way, way more.The metas give a lot too. I got 100 from doing Drakkar, but I just wanted to let people know that you should replace your reward track. I didn't know that Eternal Ice was nerfed so I want to let others know.

The reward track is a bonus and the Eternal Ice you get from it is extra -- it is still better than zero.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

The reward track is a bonus and the Eternal Ice you get from it is extra -- it is still better than zero.In terms of opportunity cost, it's better to go with a different reward track. All of the reward tracks are better than zero.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

The reward track is a bonus and the Eternal Ice you get from it is extra -- it is still better than zero.It terms of opportunity cost, it's better to go with a different reward track. All of the reward tracks are better than zero.

According to Wiki, they actually increase the Ice Shard reward quantity by doubling the amount from Raven's Gift (tier 3 and tier 5).

The reward track is a bonus and the Eternal Ice you get from it is extra -- it is still better than zero.It terms of opportunity cost, it's better to go with a different reward track. All of the reward tracks are better than zero.

According to Wiki, they actually increase the Ice Shard reward quantity by doubling the amount from
(tier 3 and tier 5).

In other words: do PvE, which just supports the OP's point that the reward track is useless. Do PvE or run a different reward track.

The reward track is a bonus and the Eternal Ice you get from it is extra -- it is still better than zero.

I don't think so.

Yu don't actively get WvW reward track progress doing PvE metas in Bjora.

Yu need to sink some legit time in WvW to complete the reward track.

Unless ofc, yur a veteran with truckloads of Track progress potions.

But even so,there are other stuff worth spending those potions on, like Gift of Battle track for that Amalgam.

Never ran that track anyways, im doing Heart of Maguuma Reward Track for the mordremoth cache.You get a big choice of weapon and armor chests. First i finished the ley line armor collection with it, gives a free ascended piece of armor.

You can also collect chakk weapons, and other.Right now im doing plated weapons to unlock all machined weapon collection, which i can then use to get free ascended weapons from especc collections.

According to Wiki, they actually increase the Ice Shard reward quantity by doubling the amount from
(tier 3 and tier 5).

That's different than the Icebrood Saga Reward Track. The Bjora Reward Track can only be done once while the Icebrood Saga Track is a repeatable.

@Chaba.5410 said:In other words: do PvE, which just supports the OP's point that the reward track is useless. Do PvE or run a different reward track.

That's the first thing I said.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:I think they want you to actually explore the map and gather it from the nodes. The node gives way, way more.

Heh, yes you did say that. And supported the OP's point that the reward track is useless.

I realize you may be trying to offer an alternative. To me that's not the issue. The issue is that the purpose of WvW reward tracks to allow WvW players to play WvW and not necessarily go explore a PvE map. The rewards from the track should be worth the 8 or more hours of WvW play it takes to complete a track. Yes, Anet increased the amount of Eternal Ice from the single-use Bjora Marches track because they increased the amount of Ice needed for buying stuff, but they seem to have forgotten the repeatable Icebrood Saga track. That dropped the value of the Icebrood Saga track in relation to the Bjora Marches track.

It pretty much is useless those chili pepper things have absolutely no use unless you want to buy tons of decorations for a guild hall. Then the recent changes the ice nodes using bounty glyph the 33% chance for an extra swing especially give more than the whole reward track does. So the last reward after completing it gives you just 10 ice shards which is like heres 2 pennies don't spend them all in one place. So it would be nice if they could up those rewards some. Heck even just those shipment things would be nice. At least something worth the time of doing a whole reward track.

• 4 months later...