Patch Feedback

Downstate.4697

@"Loke.1429" said:Edit: also still removed when mounting

The above was referring to elementals and I want to second this. Given that the main benefit of elementals in this patch was that they last longer and you can summon multiple lesser elementals from a single skill, their utility is completely removed if the player has- and takes the option to mount up to, say, get somewhere faster. It doesn't matter that they last longer, because, unless someone is in a boss fight, they won't be surviving between encounters. If possible, they should use the same sort of respawn-on-dismount mechanic necromancer minions use, though preferably one that's not as bugged (necromancer minions will die instead of respawning on dismount if you dismount and then re-mount too quickly--usually, it seems, before their "summoning" animation is complete)

There is a real delay on the cc of updraft and its very "wrong" how it triggers as in there a new animation that pops up out of no where maybe anet cant make ifram happen at the same time as an hard cc?

That the big thing from this update all of the cc effects on ele where slow cast time and long cd as they did a fair bit of dmg with the hard cc it self. By not updating cd and cast speeds ele simply lost real dmg effects that it needed to be usefully combat not as pure add ons.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Good balance patch. Nerfed core ele damage and survivability and sword weavers still faceroll keyboard middle of 30 enemies. Patch is pure joke. :D

i feel my core ele got a big buff.i won all my 1 on 1 apart from one reaper duel.

Teleport -> buff ( 28 cooldown )Tornado -> Buff ( 48 cooldown )cantrips -> are the same as before ( they got no nerf = buff )fire damage -> only 1 second nerf ( fire 2 - and maybe fire 3 ) so no really nerf.dagger air 1 -> was bad since the range nerf = so no real nerfwith the nerf of staby my interrupts / cc / knockdown finally triggers again ( feels like 2012 )

i think they really didn't think this through and just dump spvp nerfs with wvw on whim base on a narrow field of research from a small source. Guys you need to voice your thoughts across this forum on ele and wvw side. You need to tell all profession that play power builds or hybrids to view their concern. This game was never nerfed this hard ever in 7,5 years A 10% damage nerf on hundred blades made people exploded let alone a 35% to 45% damage nerf on skills and massive base healing reduction ele class more than like 50% decrease. Every profession got hit hard but the masters of none class than dabs in all got the hardest on all category nerfs.

arcane line aka ele profession line is atm in a very bad spot. it kinda offers nothing anymore to support other lines or fullfill a niche that the other 2 elites do not have.

adept tier: 3 mediocre traitsmaster tier: 2 absolute useless traits and 1 mediocre u have to takegrandmaster: 2 useless and one mediocre u have to take

there is no telling or direction in the arcane traits that signal you a sync with anything else. the decreased global atunement trait is by far the most integer in there but has no substance around it to support the claim that this is the professions core traitline.

dagger oh is in an even worse state now than before. is it maybe time to revert the rtl change? there are enough attacks out there that force a double dodge while they evade.

anyway those two things an the abysmal staff is what i hope the most will get a rework or update in the future.

@"shinta.8906" said:arcane line aka ele profession line is atm in a very bad spot. it kinda offers nothing anymore to support other lines or fullfill a niche that the other 2 elites do not have.

adept tier: 3 mediocre traitsmaster tier: 2 absolute useless traits and 1 mediocre u have to takegrandmaster: 2 useless and one mediocre u have to take

Now that heal was cut short, the spec is almost unnoticeable, having it chosen or not makes almost no difference.When you read traits of other classes you instantly see how much Ele is flocked up, honestly i don't play other classes, but when i start reading them makes me wonder why they seems so powerful compared to ours. And then they get 9k single hit Maul + Two-Handed_Training in spvp and you just go "ye, that's normal... but not for us".

@shinta.8906 said:arcane line aka ele profession line is atm in a very bad spot. it kinda offers nothing anymore to support other lines or fullfill a niche that the other 2 elites do not have.

there is no telling or direction in the arcane traits that signal you a sync with anything else. the decreased global atunement trait is by far the most integer in there but has no substance around it to support the claim that this is the professions core traitline.

dagger oh is in an even worse state now than before. is it maybe time to revert the rtl change? there are enough attacks out there that force a double dodge while they evade.

anyway those two things an the abysmal staff is what i hope the most will get a rework or update in the future.

Okay. I see some different perspectives here. Work with me...

As a sword weaver fanatic, I absolutely love Evasive Arcana. It is my burst heal, my might stack, area damage, and that area blind is handy, too! This trait is amazing! But there's a problem. It's amazing on sword weaver because it has easy access to both fire and water fields and plenty of blasts to capitalize on them. If you don't have a water field on your weapon set or easy access to blasts, however, you lose a great deal of utility from this trait.

So, what if we add a 2s combo field when swapping attunements? It doesn't even have to do anything other than leave the field behind for combos. Then at the very least you can use this trait to its minimum potential even if your weapon set is otherwise less-than-optimal.

Here's how I see this working...

I want to link the combo field type to the attunement and trait lines the elementalist has chosen. You would drop a 2s combo field when changing out of an attunement. The field would be ethereal by default (to pair with arcane's boon spam theme), but if rotating out of an attunement for which you have the associated trait line selected, then the field would match that attunement (e.g. fire for fire, water for water, lightning for air, and maybe smoke for earth (but not sure if that would be too OP to give ele stealth and more blinds!)?

Basically, I want to share what makes arcane and specifically the evasive arcana trait awesome for sword weaver with other types of elementalists while also improving synergy between arcane and other trait lines.

What do you guys think?

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@shinta.8906 said:arcane line aka ele profession line is atm in a very bad spot. it kinda offers nothing anymore to support other lines or fullfill a niche that the other 2 elites do not have.

As a sword weaver fanatic, I absolutely love Evasive Arcana. It is my burst heal, my might stack, area damage, and that area blind is handy, too! This trait is amazing! But there's a problem. It's amazing on sword weaver because it has easy access to both fire and water fields and plenty of blasts to capitalize on them. If you don't have a water field on your weapon set or easy access to blasts, however, you lose a great deal of utility from this trait.

So, what if we add a 2s combo field when swapping attunements? It doesn't even have to do anything other than leave the field behind for combos. Then at the very least you can use this trait to its minimum potential even if your weapon set is otherwise less-than-optimal.

I want to link the combo field type to the attunement
and
trait lines the elementalist has chosen. You would drop a 2s combo field when changing
out
of an attunement. The field would be ethereal by default (to pair with arcane's boon spam theme), but if rotating out of an attunement for which you have the associated trait line selected, then the field would match that attunement (e.g. fire for fire, water for water, lightning for air, and maybe smoke for earth (but not sure if that would be too OP to give ele stealth and more blinds!)?

Basically, I want to share what makes arcane and specifically the evasive arcana trait awesome for sword weaver with other types of elementalists while also improving synergy between arcane and other trait lines.

What do you guys think?

When game first came out it left a water field I believe. Problem was ppl would roam in 5 man ele groups and just span blast water fields and never die. Would it make sense today? Possibly.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

and
trait lines the elementalist has chosen. You would drop a 2s combo field when changing
out
of an attunement. The field would be ethereal by default (to pair with arcane's boon spam theme), but if rotating out of an attunement for which you have the associated trait line selected, then the field would match that attunement (e.g. fire for fire, water for water, lightning for air, and maybe smoke for earth (but not sure if that would be too OP to give ele stealth and more blinds!)?

What do you guys think?

When game first came out it left a water field I believe. Problem was ppl would roam in 5 man ele groups and just span blast water fields and never die. Would it make sense today? Possibly.

Ahh. I didn't think of that. I am mostly a solo roamer and don't really think like a team player at all. I also didn't play the game prior to HoT! So, thanks for the education!

Perhaps there might be some way to make these combo fields personal use only? Is that a thing that can be done? So, it's a 2s combo field that generates no effects by itself and may only be interacted with by the elementalist? Maybe even just make it centered on the elementalist and moving along with them like overload fire's combo field.

There is also the limitation of having to take the associated trait line to get the desired field. If you want an extra water field, you have to trait water. I figure that should be enough of a tradeoff. For instance, fire weaver (sword) wouldn't be able to cheese another free water field now that Riptide has a significantly longer cooldown! Although, water weaver could and who can say if that might not make them completely immortal?

Such is balance. But I appreciate your input!

Edit:

Alternative Concept:

In addition to its current effects, Evasive Arcana now grants a 2s buff when swapping out of an attunement which allows the next combo finisher to function as if it were interacting with a combo field that is either ethereal or, if the elementalist has the associated trait line to match the previously attuned element, the field type will be fire, water, lightning, or smoke (possibly OP? pick something else?).

This should make the trait easier to use while limiting its use in the above scenario. But it may need a cooldown, perhaps 18s attunement-specific? That way you can get a free combo of etheral or whatever 1 or 2 other trait lines you take with an associated field. In fact, this would be even better for core ele since they can take two other elemental types!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

and
out

What do you guys think?

Ahh. I didn't think of that. I am mostly a solo roamer and don't really think like a team player at all. I also didn't play the game prior to HoT! So, thanks for the education!

Perhaps there might be some way to make these combo fields personal use only? Is that a thing that can be done? So, it's a 2s combo field that generates no effects by itself and may only be interacted with by the elementalist? Maybe even just make it centered on the elementalist and moving along with them like overload fire's combo field.

There is also the limitation of having to take the associated trait line to get the desired field. If you want an extra water field, you have to trait water. I figure that should be enough of a tradeoff. For instance, fire weaver (sword) wouldn't be able to cheese another free water field now that Riptide has a significantly longer cooldown! Although, water weaver could and who can say if that might not make them completely immortal?

I always believed the problem lies in the fact all of our healing also heals allies. I'd rather lose some ally healing on certain skills and increase the base healing to better support ourselves

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

and
out

What do you guys think?

I always believed the problem lies in the fact all of our healing also heals allies. I'd rather lose some ally healing on certain skills and increase the base healing to better support ourselves

Thank you again for the feedback. See my previous post (the Edit: part at the bottom). I think it may address that, mostly? It would still be an extra area heal (and only if you trait water!), but on an 18s cd and would not allow any further combo chaining.

@"FrownyClown.8402" said:I made this post to provide feedback, not complain about what ele could of been. It's probably discouraging to the balance team to see all this negativity when what we should be doing is providing ideas on what would make ele better

Revert half the changes ?

Arcane has nothing anymore to offer except the -15% on attunement swaps :Arcane restoration shouldn't have a nerf, but a rework.Elemental Contingincy is trash now as it doesn't work with half the builds and/or affinities. + we lost our only access to retaliation. But the others Master Traits are worst. Revert the change, make it on crit, or at least STOP WITH REGEN/SWIFTNESS. We'll pay for Quickness/Alacrity.Final shield shoudln't only get a nerf, but a merger with Elemental Surge.Elemental surge is trash since the nerf of Arcane Power years ago, and the recent nerfs of Arcane blast, Arcane Wave, Strength of Stone, and has always been awkward, weak, on its effetcs. The ferocity bonus should be permanent or granted to allies too, and it shouldn't be "hybrid" condition/ferocity.Bountiful Power : it's okai ... for a Master trait, not for a Grandmaster trait. And with the nerfs of the others traits, boon duration ... it's not effective at all in PvP/WvW. It should also reduce a bit the attunement swap CD (-15% again) (Like the Steal of thief in trickery)

Water lose healing AND its bonus dmg. I get the reasons, it's just .. IMO DMG bonus were already dependents of precises conditions, but now are too low to make the spec viable for power build, and the nerfs on healing won't help to gear without healing power.If only Percing Shard could proc Vunerability when in Water Attunement, it would help a lot.

Earth : no comment. Still no clear vision of the purposes but now with a 900sec icd trait, and a nerf of an already not used trait. But somewhere the spec is now viable compared with Water and Arcane specs.Earth's Embrace needs to be merged with Rock Solid or Written In Ston (even it's about Signet and not Cantrips ) and we need a new trait that proc immobilize.Elemental Shielding should also proc 2sec or 3sec Magnetic aura when disabled, hit in the back or something.Stone Flesh constitutes an overlap with the other minor trait. It looks like slackness. At least make it a buff like Soothing Mist. Or a barrier, proc bleeding, cleanse movement speed ...

Air :Electric Discharge is dead, as scepter Lightning Strike and autoattack, and so fresh air dps build. May be Weaver still has a chance with the dual attacks....

Dagger got unnecessarily more nerfed than Sword.Arcane skills shouldn't be useless and absolutely didn't need the -50% nerf. Revert the nerf, revert the old nerf or Arcane Power.

While Fire spec, Glyph of Elemental Power + primordial stance is still completly broken; but with shorter burning duration. And is may be the only High Tier viable build. (Support/tanky tempests are okai, but it's just tank ... IMO it's not hard to be a tank these days ... )Sunspot it may be a bit too overtuned with Smothering auras (the +33%). Burning precision looks like more like a grandmaster trait than adept. IMO they should revert the nerf but merg it with Blinding ashes it would make a serious choice between persisting flame, Pyromancer's puissance and blindind ashes/ Burning precision

Glyph of Elemental Power should get a Strike CoolDown or a "on weapon skills" and a shorter effect duration (15 or 20sec instead of 25sec with a 30sec CD ) and it will be more balanced.Conjured Earth shield need a "stab" skill. Conjured weapons need shorter CD.We had synergy with Weakness (weaver, arcane adept trait, air...), and they started to nerf all weakness duration : STOP, or make it work with more conditions (Slow, cripple ...)Aqua Stance is trash, the worst healing skill of the game. Delete the strike CD or make it shorter, increase the radius.Make Armor of Earth pulse stab, and add a cool effect (-10% dmg or condition dmg, resistance, a smoke field...) Others classes have a better version of this skill.Unravel is okai, but with the lost of stab and as it was already a niche skill, it becomes too complicated to equip it rather than a BS, a stab skill or primordial stance It should be a F5 skill or give quickness/alacrity/resistance/Unblockable to be attractive/viable enough.Transcendant tempest would be better if it reduces AFFINITY CD and not "singularity" CDAura's traits, for example in Air Lane, should also give power buffs (and not on hit), like +100 power, +4% dmg .... or QUICKNESS/ALACRITY. It will help tempest to be a viable support in Pve, more than just a regen/swiftness farter while FB farts aegis/quickness/stab/might/fury/protection/resistance/regen/vigor/switfness and bane signet, wrath signetThe transmutation should work too on auras applied to allies, in a 240 or 300 radius.It will help tempest to be a viable support in Pve.Let Sand Squall transmute.Weaver doesn't need more barriers, stop addind weak barriers everywhere. Weaver need a trait adding a second effect to barriers like scourge/scrapper.Elements of rage should be stronger. In pvp/wvw, attuning to a single element is very often a handicap. The trait is not worth. Something like "+14% the first 5 seconds, then 7%" or add a conversion of dmg into barrier, double the double effect (x4 so) of Elemental Polyphony when attuned to a single element ... would be more attractive. (I know I said "no more barrier")

It's easy. But no one will read this thread.They made/moved a thread about it once, guess what they never answered. They just didn't wanted it in the pvp section.

I just feel that Obsidian Flesh is a skill I never want to hit, ever. The only one time it seems useful to me is if I'm trying to leg it into a tower portal, but even then I'd rather just die.

From a primarily WvW tempest point of view, it seems wrong that using a skill would negatively impact my situation. It's also extremely beyond annoying that it interrupts overloads, both using it while overloading and it expiring before the overload ends.

This is also why I never liked to use Mist Form, which features all the same problems.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:I made this post to provide feedback, not complain about what ele could of been. It's probably discouraging to the balance team to see all this negativity when what we should be doing is providing ideas on what would make ele better

People have been giving ideas for the last 8 years...you get laughed at....but you still hold faith in this company.....the class is a complete joke

The patch was terrible for every class, and I understand the need to make ele less of a healing prodigy (especially now that everyone has reduced damage) but this has gone too far.

Nerfing meta Sword dagger or sword focus is fine. The problem is that all your changes also hit fresh air ele for no reason, and some of them don't even fucking make any sense.

• Changing Updraft - why? It's clunky and useless now. You didn't even have the nerve to include it in the patch notes.
  • Changing Obsidian Flesh - again why? It's a 4 seconds self silence / daze. It's not fun, it doesn't fit the ele fantasy, no one enjoys it, no one complained about it.
  • Giving Glacial Drift 3 seconds of stability - ???? I don't get it. This has been the most useless and slow dual skill on scepter weaver for a long time, and you think because you slap 3s stab it's good now? Could have given it to Fiery Frost, it would have been MUCH better.
  • Elemental Lockdown, Arcane Prowess and Arcane Restoration. By far the laziest and most pathetic traits in the game. How many more skills or traits need to have a 5 seconds boon given depending on your attunement? Unravel has it, elemental attunement has it, elemental lockdown has it, the air glyph talent has it, come on dude. GET CREATIVE. Don't even get me started on arcane prowess and restoration. Complete freaking joke to have "gain might on attunement swap" and "restore a pitiful amount of health on attunement swap". HOW ARE THESE ALLOWED TO BE ACTUAL TALENTS?

I'm sorry for those that worked so hard on the initial release of this game. To see all their work trashed by some clueless balance dev interns must be difficult.