Beginner Experience Collection

Itsy.3186

Yeah you have to make sure that your effective level is at 10 or below. Also I noticed that probably the drop rate goes down cause you only roll on the ones you are missing. I never got a repeated one after I equipped it, but 8+ hours to get 2 items is kinda too much.

@YtseJam.9784 said:Yeah you have to make sure that your effective level is at 10 or below. Also I noticed that probably the drop rate goes down cause you only roll on the ones you are missing. I never got a repeated one after I equipped it, but 8+ hours to get 2 items is kinda too much.

Do you know if every mob under (or at) level 10 is ok to kill? I've tried on different groups but I don't know if I want to waste time anymore.

It's quite ironic this is called, 'Beginner Experience Collection'. Like most on here, I destroyed some of the items after opening, without realising I needed to equip them as part of the achievement, now I can't complete it. Beginner Experience Collection.

@YtseJam.9784 said:Well I've farmed for 7 hours straight, on a new toon that was lvl 1 when i started, it's level 20 now, and I've only got 1 of the 2 I dropped... this is messed up. Done all the 5 starter zone areas that you were supposed to do for the collection, the ones that you are 10 or lower... I put a support ticket to see what they say.

You're suffering from diminishing returns, you need to switch the mobs you kill and zones on a regular basis otherwise you eventually start to get nothing at all.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:Well I've farmed for 7 hours straight, on a new toon that was lvl 1 when i started, it's level 20 now, and I've only got 1 of the 2 I dropped... this is messed up. Done all the 5 starter zone areas that you were supposed to do for the collection, the ones that you are 10 or lower... I put a support ticket to see what they say.

You're suffering from diminishing returns, you need to switch the mobs you kill and zones on a regular basis otherwise you eventually start to get nothing at all.

Yeah that was not it, I know how DR works, I redid all 5 zones with 2 different toons so I was always fighting new mobs in new areas and maps.

For every little shit one-time-unlock item we get a confirm dialogue before delete... and when its needed, theres nothing... Anet NotLikeThisAh yes, and here's some more positivity... so I wouldnt completly waste my time farming those shitty boxes with shitty gear in them, I went for animals that drop 500 cooking meat... got roughly 60 of those and 24 rares... so for whoever that still has to do it... have fun :+1:

@Yasi.9065 said:For every little kitten one-time-unlock item we get a confirm dialogue before delete... and when its needed, theres nothing... Anet NotLikeThisAh yes, and here's some more positivity... so I wouldnt completly waste my time farming those kitten boxes with kitten gear in them, I went for animals that drop 500 cooking meat... got roughly 60 of those and 24 rares... so for whoever that still has to do it... have fun :+1:

That's one of the main issues with this collection.I'm still getting things from legendary precursors collection even if I've completed them all, and when they add a new achivement in the game like this they don't add a confirmation...

Like a lot of other people, when the first couple of collection boxes that dropped, I selected whichever skin I did not already have unlocked (heavy armour) and deleted the item because I was using a low level ranger. I did not know until later that they needed to be equipped.

Since then I have completed all the maps required, and farmed for around 3 hours a day for 3 days and not one single box has dropped.

I have created a new character each time, farmed until it reaches 10 and deleted it, rinse and repeat - which should avoid diminishing returns. This is fast becoming the most frustrating achievement yet.

Please do something with the drop rate.

@Jewel.4850 said:Like a lot of other people, when the first couple of collection boxes that dropped, I selected whichever skin I did not already have unlocked (heavy armour) and deleted the item because I was using a low level ranger. I did not know until later that they needed to be equipped.

Since then I have completed all the maps required, and farmed for around 3 hours a day for 3 days and not one single box has dropped.

I have created a new character each time, farmed until it reaches 10 and deleted it, rinse and repeat - which should avoid diminishing returns. This is fast becoming the most frustrating achievement yet.

Please do something with the drop rate.

It's quite pointless, I've been farming for several hours and didn't get any on the chests back.Only a fix on the droprate or a vendor for who, like me, deleted the items could be the solution.

i kind of caved in already and went to finish the achi :# i didn't search for million different places but i think i grinded like 3-5hours of svanirs and got the all last pieces (1 item a day because its boring) at wayfarer Foothills ( Outcast's Waypoint — [&BHIBAAA=]) ; you can just go in there with any alt it scales you down to lvl8. Just kill the svanir groups outside +inside the cave B)

• 2 weeks later...

@Dominus.6320 said:i kind of caved in already and went to finish the achi :# i didn't search for million different places but i think i grinded like 3-5hours of svanirs and got the all last pieces (1 item a day because its boring) at wayfarer Foothills ( Outcast's Waypoint — [&BHIBAAA=]) ; you can just go in there with any alt it scales you down to lvl8. Just kill the svanir groups outside +inside the cave B)

I've tried to kill mobs there for 4 hours, got only one piece out of three and then I gave up.I go now and then to try to get lucky since the mobs respawn really fast, but this achievement is a pain in the ass to complete...

@XYLO.7031 said:I made the same mistake for the wristguards. Had to reroll my tutorial toon. My concern is: how will a pure beginner even realize this achievement if they don't have something directing them to the achievement panel?

Is there a highlight, tooltip, or huge blinking arrow for brand new accounts that will lead them to this information in-game? Can anyone verify?

I got a popup about it the first time I dropped one of the boxes that I could click to take me to the achievement page, and then read what it was, and what else was there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@YtseJam.9784 said:there's nothing to fix, you just have to go kill stuff in areas that your effective level is 10 or below until it drops

Actually there is a real problem with the drop rate of the items once you got them once.If you read the comments, you'll see that there's not a prompt blocking you to delete the items like many collection related, so once you've done it, you'll have to literally spend hours to be able to get them.

I missed 3 items when I started, now I miss one, but I've spent a total of 10 hours in different areas (to avoid DR) to be able to get them.

I just brought a third character through the starting zones and no luck... It's really bad drop rate. I even posted a bug report, because it's so damn annoying.

I'm debating using one of my rangers to afk farm in a low level zone, it might be the only solution that doesn't involve wasting too much more time. Although I still need to be by my computer to keep my character from going afk.

This is so absurd for a new player experience...

@Kronos.3695 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:there's nothing to fix, you just have to go kill stuff in areas that your effective level is 10 or below until it drops

Actually there is a real problem with the drop rate of the items once you got them once.If you read the comments, you'll see that there's not a prompt blocking you to delete the items like many collection related, so once you've done it, you'll have to literally spend hours to be able to get them.

I missed 3 items when I started, now I miss one, but I've spent a total of 10 hours in different areas (to avoid DR) to be able to get them.

Yeah I know about the problem, I was the one that started this whole thread because of it. I was being sarcastic with my comment because there hasn't been any action from ANET about this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...