my ideal patch notes

ellesee.8297

Warrior:Restore power coefficient for Backbreaker, Earthshaker, Headbutt, Skull CrackRevert cooldown changes to Headbutt

Engineer:Restore power coefficient for Prime Light Beam, Blast Gyro, Big Ol' Bomb, Overcharged Shot, Personal Battering Ram, Rocket TurretRevert cooldown changes to Prime Light Beam

Guardian:Restore power coefficient for Banish, Deflecting Shot, Binding Blade, Bane Signet, Hammer of WisdomReduced the daze on Unrelenting Criticism to 1/4 sec down from 1 secSymbol of Vengeance cooldown increased to 10 sec up from 8 secEcho of Truth applies 5 vuln instead of blind.Stoic Demeanor now has a 5 second cooldown

Necromancer:Restore power coefficients for Executioner's Scythe, Chilled to the Bone, Reaper's Mark, Grasping DarknessRevert cc duration and cooldown changes to Executioner's Scythe, Chilled to the BoneRemove Signet of Suffering's shroud recharge, gains a flat 20% signet cooldown reductionUnholy Sanctuary applies flat 150 healing per second to your health modifiable by healing power and poison instead of percentage based recovery while in shroudLich Form lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. Cooldown reduced to 120 seconds, down from 150.

Revenant:Restore power coefficient for Surge of the Mists, Drop the Hammer, Chaotic ReleaseCan move at reduced speed while casting Surge of the MistsDemonic Defiance grants 5 might for 5 seconds instead of resistanceBanish Enchantment now applies 1 chill per boon removed, energy cost increased to 25Embrace the Darkness now has an 8 upkeep cost up from 6Echoing Eruption now applies 2 torment down from 4.

Ranger:Reduced Soulbeast's Sic 'Em bonus damage to 15%, down from 25%.

Mesmer:Restore power coefficient for Illusionary Wave, Gravity Well

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@apharma.3741 said:"#NotBiasedAtAll"

Point them out.

you re basically nerfing everything except war and engi. I bet those two are the classes you play the most."Tell me your ideal patch note and I will tell you which classes you main", said the old man.

Well you'd be wrong in your assumption, nor do I propose "nerfing everything except war and engi".The classes that are the most overtuned right now are condi revenant, firebrand, sic em soulbeast, and bunker necromancer. Tell me if you disagree with that statement so we can discount your input altogether. Coincidentally, those are the only classes I proposed nerfing.

The theme is that CCs with a long windup and/or obvious animation should deal full damage. Backbreaker is a good example of an ability with a long windup and an obvious animation, therefore it should deal full damage. CCs that punish you for using it (Overcharge Shot, Headbutt) should also deal full damage because there is a glaring tradeoff. Elite skills that CC (Prime Light Beam, Chilled to the Bone) should probably deal full damage. They're elites after all and they mostly have obvious animations as well. Prime Light Beam is a good example of an absolutely worthless ability now, even though it is unblockable and could potentially leave an aoe field. Trash skills like Personal Battering Ram and Hammer of Wisdom should probably deal full damage too, because even then you would most likely opt for something else. You could make the case for aoe CCs to deal less than full damage because they're aoe and high impact in a team fight. Prime Light Beam and Earthshaker would be examples of that.

@apharma.3741 said:

Point them out.

No thief changes.No Ele changes.Mesmer changes are a joke when Chrono is unplayable.Without mentioning barely touching FB.

The biggest offender with firebrands are their instant cast debilitate mantra and their chain CCs on top of symbols. Reducing the daze to 1/4 second retains the core function of chain interrupts, while allowing counterplay if you get hit by it. Currently if you get hit by the symbol daze, you have a choice to either eat the symbol ticks or dodge out. Eating the symbol ticks is not ideal, and dodging out exposes you to the axe pull as any good firebrand worth his salt will anticipate the dodge and pull you in. Reducing the daze CD allows you to counter with blinds, blocks, CC before the axe pull or some other kind of offense. Removing instant cast aoe blinds from the mantra also allow more counterplay vs the symbol onslaught while keeping it on the final charge makes it worth using in some situations. I would say this is more than just "barely touching FB".

No thief or ele changes because they are not oppressive in 5s and 2s, nor are they incredibly weak.

@ellesee.8297 said:Mesmer:Restore power coefficient for Illusionary Wave, Gravity Well

Bring back IP to Chrono. Continuum Split + 1 second distortion should be 72 sec cd.Mirage should have 75 endurance (nerf clone ambushes, buff player ambush, remove dodging while cced. Maybe make IH baseline and balance around it).Replace feedback revive trait with a proper glamor trait.

The list goes on and on.

@ellesee.8297 said:

Point them out.

you re basically nerfing everything except war and engi. I bet those two are the classes you play the most."Tell me your ideal patch note and I will tell you which classes you main", said the old man.

Well you'd be wrong in your assumption, nor do I propose "nerfing everything except war and engi".The classes that are the most overtuned right now are condi revenant, firebrand, sic em soulbeast, and bunker necromancer. Tell me if you disagree with that statement so we can discount your input altogether. Coincidentally, those are the only classes I proposed nerfing.

The theme is that CCs with a long windup and/or obvious animation should deal full damage. Backbreaker is a good example of an ability with a long windup and an obvious animation, therefore it should deal full damage. CCs that punish you for using it (Overcharge Shot, Headbutt) should also deal full damage because there is a glaring tradeoff. Elite skills that CC (Prime Light Beam, Chilled to the Bone) should probably deal full damage. They're elites after all and they mostly have obvious animations as well. Prime Light Beam is a good example of an absolutely worthless ability now, even though it is unblockable and could potentially leave an aoe field. Trash skills like Personal Battering Ram and Hammer of Wisdom should probably deal full damage too, because even then you would most likely opt for something else. You could make the case for aoe CCs to deal less than full damage because they're aoe and high impact in a team fight. Prime Light Beam and Earthshaker would be examples of that.

Point them out.

No thief changes.No Ele changes.Mesmer changes are a joke when Chrono is unplayable.Without mentioning barely touching FB.

The biggest offender with firebrands are their instant cast debilitate mantra and their chain CCs on top of symbols. Reducing the daze to 1/4 second retains the core function of chain interrupts, while allowing counterplay if you get hit by it. Currently if you get hit by the symbol daze, you have a choice to either eat the symbol ticks or dodge out. Eating the symbol ticks is not ideal, and dodging out exposes you to the axe pull as any good firebrand worth his salt will anticipate the dodge and pull you in. Reducing the daze CD allows you to counter with blinds, blocks, CC before the axe pull or some other kind of offense. Removing instant cast aoe blinds from the mantra also allow more counterplay vs the symbol onslaught while keeping it on the final charge makes it worth using in some situations. I would say this is more than just "barely touching FB".

No thief or ele changes because they are not oppressive in 5s and 2s, nor are they incredibly weak.

The biggest offender for Firebrand is how much tomes give baseline, especially combined with renewed focus though mantra of truth is a VERY close second.

I dunno maybe add IP back to Chrono might be a good idea but out of everything you think iWave needs damage back? That's without mentioning "restoring" coefficients especially on the skills you choose would make for very uninteractive builds in the current state for reasons you should know.