Enough Tomes of Knowledge Please

archmagus.7249

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:At one point I had nearly filled an entire bank tab with these. I started collecting them for the novelty at first, then it got to the point I was like "okay, no way I'm gonna sit there and click through consuming all these" so they just kept piling up. I think I had around 6,500, something like 26 stacks or so, before the option to trade them with Miyani became an option, at which point I did so.

Trading them for Spirit Shards ( or consuming them ) is a nice option and all, Spirit Shards have a lot of value if you're willing to make the effort of crafting materials with them, but the problem is exactly that... "The effort."

I don't have a problem with dedicating some time to make gold, the game practically throws it at you anyway so it's only fair to have some things require actual commitment if you want a pay off... But in the case of Spirit Shards, idk... It's so tedious to make anything in the Mystic Forge. Like I sat there for something like 2 hours one day trying to put a dent in my massive stash of Shards and still have over 11,000 of them today. It just doesn't feel worth it to me.

Here are some options I think should be available for spending Tomes:

1. Salvage for T6 Materials
  2. Trade with a Vendor for Boosters ( XP, Magic Find, Karma )
  3. Trade 250 with a Vendor for a "Level 80 Boost Kit" that works like a Experience Scroll instantly leveling a character to 80 but with extra benefits: Grants a box with a full set of Exotic armor + weapons + trinkets ( account bound, stat selectable ) and skips the level prompts so you don't have to spend 10 minutes clicking through level up rewards.

I'd definitely appreciate being able to trade those tombs for boosters or something. I'd also like to have the option to turn them into a stack of mulch or something that can be consumed at nodes in WvW to give a chance at Cultivated or even some version of ready to plant Varietal ascended food materials.

Someone who has been around for longer, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Tomes added to the rewards to compensate for them removing XP gains from EoTM, so you couldn't level your characters there anymore?

Personally I like the Tomes of Knowledge, as between those and Testimony of Heroics, I can have a LV 80 character with both elite specs unlocked within 15-20 minutes of buying a new character slot. When the Legendary Armory comes out, they will be levelled and geared in the same time frame.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Someone who has been around for longer, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Tomes added to the rewards to compensate for them removing XP gains from EoTM, so you couldn't level your characters there anymore?

Personally I like the Tomes of Knowledge, as between those and Testimony of Heroics, I can have a LV 80 character with both elite specs unlocked within 15-20 minutes of buying a new character slot. When the Legendary Armory comes out, they will be levelled and geared in the same time frame.

This is true, yes. You used to earn Experience in both EOTM and WvW but that was later removed and replaced with Tomes. I believe this was around the same time Pips and Reward Tracks were introduced as well. Prior to that the only thing you earned in WvW was XP, loot from fallen enemies and Embroidered Pouches from Champions.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:At one point I had nearly filled an entire bank tab with these. I started collecting them for the novelty at first, then it got to the point I was like "okay, no way I'm gonna sit there and click through consuming all these" so they just kept piling up. I think I had around 6,500, something like 26 stacks or so, before the option to trade them with Miyani became an option, at which point I did so.

Trading them for Spirit Shards ( or consuming them ) is a nice option and all, Spirit Shards have a lot of value if you're willing to make the effort of crafting materials with them, but the problem is exactly that... "The effort."

I don't have a problem with dedicating some time to make gold, the game practically throws it at you anyway so it's only fair to have some things require actual commitment if you want a pay off... But in the case of Spirit Shards, idk... It's so tedious to make anything in the Mystic Forge. Like I sat there for something like 2 hours one day trying to put a dent in my massive stash of Shards and still have over 11,000 of them today. It just doesn't feel worth it to me.

Here are some options I think should be available for spending Tomes:

1. Salvage for T6 Materials
  2. Trade with a Vendor for Boosters ( XP, Magic Find, Karma )
  3. Trade 250 with a Vendor for a "Level 80 Boost Kit" that works like a Experience Scroll instantly leveling a character to 80 but with extra benefits: Grants a box with a full set of Exotic armor + weapons + trinkets ( account bound, stat selectable ) and skips the level prompts so you don't have to spend 10 minutes clicking through level up rewards.

I wouldn't mind this at all

Being able to trade let's say 100 tomes for a level 80 kit (the one that also gears you up) would indeed be great. Clicking through level up popups is annoying as hell when you level a new character to 80 with tomes. The exo gear you get could be account bound so you can't make money with it.

Would be great if we could choose what stats we get on our exo gear though.

@archmagus.7249 said:Seriously, I don't need them every time I increase in rank, and a bunch of times in my reward track when I could have gotten better stuff, like a mat shipment, or a champ bag. Could they remove tomes from most of the reward tracks (keep them in the non-repeatable, gift of battle, and dungeon, since the last two you'll need a good deal of spirit shards for, and if you're a new player chances are you are going to do the non-repeatable tracks.)

Where the Tomes were, put something actually useful.

I would like to be able to exchange my tomes for t6 mats. Or even make it an ingredient to a new legendary or something. I have 2500 just taking up space in my bank.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Do not get rid of tomes. Having earned most of my gold I use for WvW from selling legendaries, and needing shards for legendary armor, leave them alone.

If someone finds it takes ‘too much time’ to talk to the Mystic forge person and literally convert stacks of times in less than 10 clicks, then I am not sure what to do.

Maybe also give the vendor an option to trade the tomes in for something else.

I'm only suggesting that me remove them from some reward tracks. There are other ways to get spirit shards You still get tomes from dailies. 3 of them. Not to mention you get them from login rewards.

@archmagus.7249 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Do not get rid of tomes. Having earned most of my gold I use for WvW from selling legendaries, and needing shards for legendary armor, leave them alone.

If someone finds it takes ‘too much time’ to talk to the Mystic forge person and literally convert stacks of times in less than 10 clicks, then I am not sure what to do.

Maybe also give the vendor an option to trade the tomes in for something else.

I'm only suggesting that me remove them from some reward tracks. There are other ways to get spirit shards You still get tomes from dailies. 3 of them. Not to mention you get them from login rewards.

And there are ways that are quite simple to change them over to shards through a vendor.

Taking them from reward tracks hurts those of us who want them.

As you said, there are other ways for you to get what you want them swapped for.

Because 7 per 5-8 hour track is oppressive...........

If someone don't understand how to monetize?? May be time to read gw2 wiki?As for me, I am very very needed tomes of knowledge.

@jul.7602 said:Agreed. Should be able to convert tomes of knowledge into something like mats.it is already done.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Do not get rid of tomes. Having earned most of my goldThis suggestion remove tomes for me look like obsession and do try make hype. Or this is beginners who play only few years, have low count of legendary, and low understanding.