Important NPC dialogue is lost often

coso.9173

Many times when I’m doing events or running story instances there’s important npc dialogue that is lost because I was either looking The other way, and I didn’t see the speech bubble, or there’s another random npc talking over it, or just battling and don’t even see what he or she is saying because I’m too focused on the battle, and intend to lose important messages, some times even dialogue that indicates what I should do.Is there a chance that important npc dialogue could be shown on the center bottom of the screen too? It would be much easier to read it or pay attention to it, If I don’t have to look for the npc to see what’s being said.?

The best you can do is make sure you've got NPC dialogue showing in the chat box so you can read it there. It doesn't show everything but it does show important dialogue.

I'd love them to add the option for subtitles. I do use the chat box, but it can be difficult to follow when chat is busy with other things and like you said NPCs often talk over one another or during combat when it's hard to follow. I try to submit bug reports every time it happens consistently or because of scripted things (rather than a coincidence, which would be harder to fix) but I'm not sure if it makes any difference, they still don't even add subtitles to cut scenes consistently.

I often have to play with the sound turned off, or in a noisy room where I can't reliably hear the dialogue, (and of course speech bubbles are easy to miss if they're off-camera) so I'm used to having to relying on the chat box for NPC dialogue, but it's certainly not ideal. It usually means if there's any type of action going on during a conversation I have to wait until it's over and then stop what I'm doing to read what was said, which breaks up the game even more than the old style cut scenes used in the personal story.

But the alternative for me is to wait days or weeks for an hour or two when I can play with sound, which just isn't practical. If I always did that I'd probably still be on season 2.

@Danikat.8537 said:I often have to play with the sound turned off, or in a noisy room where I can't reliably hear the dialogue, (and of course speech bubbles are easy to miss if they're off-camera) so I'm used to having to relying on the chat box for NPC dialogue, but it's certainly not ideal. It usually means if there's any type of action going on during a conversation I have to wait until it's over and then stop what I'm doing to read what was said, which breaks up the game even more than the old style cut scenes used in the personal story.

But the alternative for me is to wait days or weeks for an hour or two when I can play with sound, which just isn't practical. If I always did that I'd probably still be on season 2.

same thing happens to me, it breaks the action since I miss most of what's said and then I have to stop and read it all when it's done. with the old system I could read just fine, and I personally prefered it. besides we had those cool paint like backgrounds.

That's why I adjust my sound to make sure the loudest sound at all times is dialogue, don't have a problem if it's drowning out all other sounds...and I don't mean it's so much louder than anything else it's all I hear, I mean I have it set so that dialogue takes precedent over all other sounds...it's tuned for my hearing.

Some aren't in the chat. (That is always non-important environmental dialogue.) Most are in the "say" chat though. (In instanced content I think it appears as whisper or so. At least it has a different color in my chat.)

I am running 3 chat tabs. One for combat log only. 1 for "team" which includes team, map chat (+ party and whispers ... I have whispers in each tab).

My main tab - when not doing PvP - is the "map" tab which has map chat and "say". Not that hard to scroll a bit up ... and if there is not much NPC chatting and no one active in map chat it won't scroll down too fast.

I don't see any other option to implement more in game to help here.