"Just Kill the Pets" or "Just Dodge"

zoopop.5630

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@God.2708 said:

@God.2708 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:I'm just leaving it here (you can watch until the game ends to see him dying 2v1 cuz pet kek)

Great example of a l2p moment. If he had just chilled the bird, or CC'd it, or better yet killed it. Then they could've trained the ranger down without it being able to do any damage.

Yeah, that's the problem. Not that the AI is hard to see and hits harder than builds running berserkers with every attack and 0 stat investment on the ranger's part.

No, the problem is that he didn't target the bird and force the ranger to call it back or swap it. Actions that would really have cost the ranger to employ.

I'm glad you agree. Yeah. Since blue team already had control on henge. If he had just killed the thing killing him. He could've then freely trained the ranger and gotten a kill. Since no one had to go back to node to decap or cap it. Instead he fell right into the ranger's trap and his own ignorance led to him dying.

Luckily for the Rev, since pets don't recall instantly and also can't dodge, it would've been very easy for him to do.

lmfao pets don't recall instantly. yeah, they just do it at 2x superspeed. easy to catch, np.

watch the clip again, ranger pet swapped and it instantly KOd him. Please tell me more about how to dodge instant abilities or attacks from AI that are a 1/10th the size of a player model. 57:05

The same way you dodge any other instant cast burst like a heralds sword 5 or reapers shroud procs or engineers explosive entrance. You get gud. He got instant KOed whilst at 6k HP on a class that runs pretty glassy. Let's be honest here if the rev didn't get insta KOed we'd be having very different discussions on these forums because that would be absolutely stupid.

All shroud traits can't crit and deal <500 damage. You know explosive entrance will trigger after the engi dodges, avoid the next attack. herald sword 5 (both of them) have cast times and the secondary strike is melee only. Ranger pet swap is instant with 0 tell and the only animation being a small bird appeared, which by the time you notice you're already dead from 5k swoop 8k chilling slash or 4k AAs.

If you're going to use a comparison, use one that's appropriate like mesmer's mantra of pain. Which also does half the damage pets do and is tied to the player's stats, unlike how pets use their own (massively bloated) stats.

This dude can dodge teleports he can't see, but not a pet right in front of his eyes. Amazing.

This dude doesn't know that Rev sword 5 uses a followup skill, the first hit does very little damage and serves as a que to dodge. You could look at it as an animation you have time to react to, compared to instant abilities with no cast time- like pet swap. Which does more damage than deathstrike even if the ranger has 0 powerIf a damage oriented core ranger using two damage pets can't even kill a rev by himself without help, why is this even a discussion?

Been saying it for a long time now, the pet AI vector makes people feel like they are unfairly being ganked. It's a psychological thing. I couldn't tell you how many people I've fought over the years while using Druid, even current Druid setups which have bad pet damage, but after a 1v1 people will still say: "That pet is carrying your damage. All the damage is coming from the pet" and they really really seriously believe that. But if you were to run a DPS meter and look at the actual damage value that the Druid pet is contributing, it's more like 1/3rd of what the Druid is outputting. The point being is that anytime an AI is dealing damage to a player, there is this psychological effect where they "feel" like the pet is dealing so much more damage over the course of 60s than it actually is.

@"Grimjack.8130" said:I actually really enjoy pets doing damage when the Ranger invests alot into it with a big combo with We Heal As One/Elite to give it tons of might fury and quickness. But when a Pet hits for 3-6k on autos and 6k+ on f2s with almost no set up, you'd think there might be an issue there, but I guess not.

It's definitely an issue, but what most people don't realize is that those bigger autos coming off of pets are directly tied to marks mods. Even if the Ranger isn't attempting a big burst combos, he still is routinely cycling through fury procs for remorseless at random times, Mauls that even when they miss they are still making 50% AOO, and then of course every CC that lands is making another +50%, even if it's just a pet auto hitting. These marks mods will turn a 1k - 1.5k pet auto into 3k-4k auto.

yet here's a video, with the dps meter, showing pets doing 2/3rds of the total damage.

pets shouldn't have power coefficients higher than anything players can access. Especially not when they have higher stat values than any players and access to higher modifiers than any players can achieve. I'm not sure how to make this more clear to you- ranger pets are massive outliers in the current meta because they were not adjusted like every other class was.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:If the ranger is squishy you need to target the ranger and dodge all the things mentioned by OP.

What world do you live in where we get 8 dodges or can fill endurance enough to dodge that many skills vs the CDs of them besides maybe Daredevil?

Well. If a core ranger is running zerker you can easily kite the pet and just kill the ranger. I live in the world where your W, D, and spacebar can easily kite a pet and avoid the damage. Which allows you to avoid most of the pet damage and easily kill the squishy ranger.

I also live in the world where rangers usually run demo or knights so you can just ignore what the ranger is doing until the dps pets are dead.

Nice job ignoring the question. You CAN'T kite LB and you can't kite when you get CC'd by the ranger or the pet. Ignore the pet by walking? I didn't realize they didn't chase you or had any kind of movement skills that will track you or follow you. /s

I still want to know how I'm supposed to dodge all the things the OP mentioned, and walking isn't an answer because tracking exists.

You live in a world where you're terrified of your carry being nerfed, all there is to it.

@zoopop.5630

Soulbeast does not have enough damage to meme a prot holo in a fight btw.

You're going to have to run Sic Em + OWP but the Prot Holo can literally just SH4 reflect the Rapid Fire. When the Soulbeast stows so he stops shooting himself and uses Smoke Assault, the Prot Holo SH5 will just stun him out of it, toss the shield to daze any followup damage or CCs the ranger uses because he doesn't have any stab. If the ranger is using Dolyak Stance for some reason, SH4 will still reflect the Rapid Fire, SH5 will still block the Smoke Assault, dodge once to avoid the Takedown and run away for a second so you're out of range of the Worldly Impact. Then all you have to do is land CC the SLB once to get him to blow his remaining stunbreak and then Slick Shoes his GS if he tries to Swoop or GS4 block, CC chain or Flash Shell the longbow to prevent LB3 stealth or knockback. Etc. etc.

But ranger sustained damage is even worse on SLB so if you didn't kill him with the big combo then you're definitely not going to be able to box the Prot Holo for very long.

@CutesySylveon.8290

Avoid Hilt Bash (16 sec cd when traited that Stuns and Dazes)Avoid Maul (4 sec cd when traited )Avoid Counter Kick (20 sec Cd Knockback)Avoid Point Blank Shot (15 sec Cd Knockback)Avoid Rapid Fire ( 10 second CD )Avoid Head Toss ( Gazell f2 on a 16 sec CD Knockback)Avoid Charge ( 12 second cd on a Daze from an Auto Chain attack from Gazell)Avoid TakeDown ( 12 second cd on a knockdown from SmokeScale)

You have a dodge ever 7.5s due to energy sigils. Ignoring vigor and other forms of endurance regen.

Hilt bash and Counter attack kick can both be dodged simply by having enough distance between the 2.Or just eat the hilt bash and stunbreakOr dodge the hilt bash. You still have a dodge left.

You don't have to dodge rapid fire or maul. You can eat those and be just fine.Or interrupt rapid fire

Head toss, wont do any dmg so y dodge it or stunbreak it tbh?

Avoid charge, yeah you should dodge that I guess but most of the time the deer will run into Narnia so realistically this is a dodge every 36s.

Take down also doesn't do any dmg but you could dodge it if you wanted I guess?

Dodge point blank shot.

So things you want to dodge:Hilt bash 16s cdCharge 36s cdPoint blank shot 15s cd

You have a dodge every 7.5s so you can dodge PBS and hilt bash every time and you can still dodge charge. And not to mention other forms of blocks and evades and blinds classes have.

The main problem is people often just dodge AFTER they get cc'd and already took the damage. Random dodge, eat damage.

Glad I could help!

@shadowpass.4236 said:@zoopop.5630

You're going to have to run Sic Em + OWP but the Prot Holo can literally just SH4 reflect the Rapid Fire. When the Soulbeast stows so he stops shooting himself and uses Smoke Assault, the Prot Holo SH5 will just stun him out of it, toss the shield to daze any followup damage or CCs the ranger uses because he doesn't have any stab. If the ranger is using Dolyak Stance for some reason, SH4 will still reflect the Rapid Fire, SH5 will still block the Smoke Assault, dodge once to avoid the Takedown and run away for a second so you're out of range of the Worldly Impact. Then all you have to do is land CC the SLB once to get him to blow his remaining stunbreak and then Slick Shoes his GS if he tries to Swoop or GS4 block, CC chain or Flash Shell the longbow to prevent LB3 stealth or knockback. Etc. etc.

But ranger sustained damage is even worse on SLB so if you didn't kill him with the big combo then you're definitely not going to be able to box the Prot Holo for very long.

All of sudden unblockable attacks or dmg from pets don’t matter?

Ok.

@Eurantien.4632 said:@CutesySylveon.8290

Avoid Hilt Bash (16 sec cd when traited that Stuns and Dazes)Avoid Maul (4 sec cd when traited )Avoid Counter Kick (20 sec Cd Knockback)Avoid Point Blank Shot (15 sec Cd Knockback)Avoid Rapid Fire ( 10 second CD )Avoid Head Toss ( Gazell f2 on a 16 sec CD Knockback)Avoid Charge ( 12 second cd on a Daze from an Auto Chain attack from Gazell)Avoid TakeDown ( 12 second cd on a knockdown from SmokeScale)

You have a dodge ever 7.5s due to energy sigils. Ignoring vigor and other forms of endurance regen.

Hilt bash and Counter attack kick can both be dodged simply by having enough distance between the 2.Or just eat the hilt bash and stunbreakOr dodge the hilt bash. You still have a dodge left.

You don't have to dodge rapid fire or maul. You can eat those and be just fine.Or interrupt rapid fire

Avoid charge, yeah you should dodge that I guess but most of the time the deer will run into Narnia so realistically this is a dodge every 36s.

Dodge point blank shot.

So things you want to dodge:Hilt bash 16s cdCharge 36s cdPoint blank shot 15s cd

You have a dodge every 7.5s so you can dodge PBS and hilt bash every time and you can still dodge charge. And not to mention other forms of blocks and evades and blinds classes have.

The main problem is people often just dodge AFTER they get cc'd and already took the damage. Random dodge, eat damage.

Glad I could help!

Dear god you're really going that far, aren't you?

Even if we accepted your dodge calculations, which are wrong, you still can't dodge all of that. Do you really think everything you listed was only gonna come one at a time while you're not waiting to refill endurance after dodging something else? No, they're gonna be back to back, and stun breaking won't be an option because all of that CC is on MUCH lower cooldowns than nearly every stun break.

The best part is you know it's such BS that you even say to just eat Maul, Rapid Fire, Hilt Bash, Charge, and Head Toss, most of those being hard CC. Hasn't every ranger player been screaming 'JuSt DoDgE!' Maul for ages, but now just eat it, along with the skill that resets the CD so...eat it again?

Just lol you're so dishonest here it's ridiculous.

@zoopop.5630 said:

All of sudden unblockable attacks or dmg from pers don’t matter?

Ok.

Ah yes, the 2 unblockable attacks with a 15s internal cooldown that a Marksmanship SLB gets when he merges/unmerges with his one pet (no 's' because Soulbeast only gets one pet in combat) will make a huge difference in the outcome of the fight. /s

Besides the fact that Smokescale would deal negative damage to a Prot Holo... Since Clarion Bond only procs in combat, the Soulbeast would have to autoattack with longbow first, then merge with his pet (so he gets the 2 unblockable attacks and proc Sic Em on himself) which means that if the Prot Holo has eyes and dodges the Point Blank Shot, only the first arrow from Rapid Fire will be unblockable and the fight will pretty much go exactly the same as how I listed above.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Dodge point blank shot.

Glad I could help!

Even if we accepted your dodge calculations, which are wrong, you still can't dodge all of that. Do you really think everything you listed was only gonna come one at a time while you're not waiting to refill endurance after dodging something else? No, they're gonna be back to back, and stun breaking won't be an option because all of that CC is on MUCH lower cooldowns than nearly every stun break.

The best part is you know it's such BS that you even say to just eat Maul, Rapid Fire, Hilt Bash, Charge, and Head Toss, most of those being hard CC. Hasn't every ranger player been screaming 'JuSt DoDgE!' Maul for ages, but now just eat it, along with the skill that resets the CD so...eat it again?

With a knights amulet maul doesn't hit you very hard. You can also use weakness on the ranger, or prot on yourself, or use your healing skill.

I feel like you're playing this game with only an autoattack

I am sorry I cant help you more. I suggest watching top streamers as they seem to be doing just fine managing these things.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

Just because you die to soulbeast doesn't mean prot holos like drydude, or helio, or naru do. This is a l2p issue.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Ok.

Just because you die to soulbeast doesn't mean prot holos like drydude, or helio, or naru do. This is a l2p issue.

It’s a l2p when you have two monkeys riding each other on the forums.

If you are legit dying or losing to a demo amulet prot holo should probably consider getting off ranger and Stop telling everyone it’s a “l2p” issue.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Dodge point blank shot.

Glad I could help!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/565764734?t=04h44m14s

Here. Do me a favor and count how many dodges Grimjack used and how many skills he avoided simply by holding down W for 4 seconds.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/565764734?t=06h02m32s

Here's another one if you want to see me do the same thing to another ranger.

Hmm... what a strange coincidence that 2 good players use the exact same strategy to counter the same thing.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

If you are legit dying or losing to a demo amulet prot holo should probably consider getting off ranger and Stop telling everyone it’s a “l2p” issue.

Im not sure what this means.

Here are some high level players who sometimes play prot holo and manage rangers just finehttps://www.twitch.tv/notoriousnaruhttps://www.twitch.tv/helio____

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/596294328?t=03h46m32s

Tell me what else I could've done against Naru's Prot Holo during this match. It's kind of interesting how I'm infinitely more pressured than him at any given moment and the most I could hope to do is keep the point neutral.

I mean pre-patch I might've been able to use GS4 more often to help me trade with a build like this but hey whaddya know... they literally increased the cooldown on our block by 10 seconds (almost double!) and look at how well it's doing now! /s

Here's Naru's POV.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Ok.

Tell me what else I could've done against Naru's Prot Holo during this match. It's kind of interesting how I'm infinitely more pressured than him at any given moment and the most I could hope to do is keep the point neutral.

I mean pre-patch I might've been able to use GS4 more often to help me trade with a build like this but hey whaddya know... they literally increased the cooldown by 10 seconds (almost double!) and look at how well it's doing now! /s

@CutesySylveon.8290 You might like this. There's a point where the ranger lands Hilt Bash and procs Moment of Clarity and Remorseless so maul will do 75% more dmg than normal. It lands and only does 5.4k. Normally that'd do 3.1k. Not a big chunk of your health.

From the engis PoV thats the only thing that even chunks his hp. And he just heals back to full.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Ok.

Here are some high level players who sometimes play prot holo and manage rangers just fine

Ok.

I mean pre-patch I might've been able to use GS4 more often to help me trade with a build like this but hey whaddya know... they literally increased the cooldown on our block by 10 seconds (almost double!) and look at how well it's doing now! /s

Here's

I don't know how many times you got CC from one of the most animated pulls possible but every single time that "pull" happen you had 2 dodge bars left. On top of getting hit by almost every possible mortar kite skill while standing on the node and randomly dodging the air you lost the node shortly after........

On top of that it was just a normal back and forth up in till 1 thief went in to plus you and get you the kill in seconds....

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

Here are some high level players who sometimes play prot holo and manage rangers just fine

Ok.

Here's

I don't know how many times you got CC from one of the most animated pulls possible but every single time that "pull" happen you had 2 dodge bars left. On top of getting hit by almost every possible mortar kite skill while standing on the node and randomly dodging the air you lost the node shortly after........

On top of that it was just a normal back and forth up in till 1 thief went in to plus you and get you the kill in seconds....

You mean here when I got CC'd from the Slick Shoes?

It's pretty funny you'd call that a back and forth considering Naru had literally no chance of dying in that 1v1 and I had to keep pulling off node to prevent myself from going down.

Oh and please tell me what skills I should dodge when I also need to avoid the 1.5k mortar autos on point every .5 seconds and the Photon Forge autos that also cover the whole point and do about 8k damage every 2 seconds when they have might.

Also maybe notice how that build is literally passively regening more than my autoattacks are doing to him.

@JETWING.2759 said:Merging to pets (Turn Beastmode On) doesn't revive them?Kill pets does works?

Actually if your pet is dead you can still merge with it and it revives them when you unmerge and that’s like the #1 reason soulbeast was ever playable. Imo just kill pet against core ranger, while it does work, it isn’t always practical. Say it’s a smokescale, it’s tanky has invuln, teleport, knockback and fake stealth, but not crazy damage, so it requires huge investment to kill for some ppl, without much instant benefit, so the strat at least just doesn’t do much- unless you can kill the smokescale fast without much investment, which usually means you are something with condition aoe like burn anything

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

Ok.

Here's

What actually is the timing on that? Cause I swear I get hit by the pull every time?

Wait... sorry i'm not supposed to learn how to play, I should just go make complaint threads.

(please answer my question though)

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Ok.

Ok.

Here's

You mean
when I got CC'd from the Slick Shoes?

It's pretty funny you'd call that a back and forth considering Naru had literally no chance of dying in that 1v1 and I had to keep pulling off node to prevent myself from going down.

Oh and please tell me what skills I should dodge when I also need to avoid the 1.5k mortar autos on point and the Photon Forge autos that also cover the whole point and do about 8k damage every 2 seconds when they have might.

Also maybe notice how that build is literally passively regening more than my autoattacks are doing to him.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/596294328?t=03h46m42s

On top of winning the node you literally start eating everything for some Reason after you just dodge the moment he shield 4. Got back on Node to get hit by Morat 2-3-4 at this point you have almost 2 full dodges available along an evade stun break and on top of it all you avoided the first hit from holo 3 but not the explosion knowing it comes right after.....If you plan on Sitting on the node to trade with him how about avoid the Chill and Blind at the very least so it isn't easy for him to just pressure you.

hows anyone not going to get pressure you off node if you are legit just getting hit by everything?

@Eurantien.4632 help your boy out this seems to be a L2P issue.

FYI I love the fact you aren't running Bird or Tiger yet you two both continue using the same suggestion over and over lmfaoooo. Gazelle and Smoke Scale 100% not used at all ! Just kill the pets!

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

Ok.

Here's

You mean

Oh and please tell me what skills I should dodge when I also need to avoid the 1.5k mortar autos on point and the Photon Forge autos that also cover the whole point and do about 8k damage every 2 seconds when they have might.

On top of winning the node you literally start eating everything for some Reason after you just dodge the moment he shield 4. Got back on Node to get hit by Morat 2-3-4 at this point you have almost 2 full dodges available along an evade stun break.....If you plan on Sitting on the node to trade with him how about avoid the Chill and Blind at the very least so it isn't easy for him to just pressure you.

hows anyone not going to get pressure off node if you are legit just getting hit by everything?

@Eurantien.4632 help your boy out this seems to be a L2P issue.

FYI I love the fact you aren't running Bird or Tiger yet you two both continue using the same suggestion over and over lmfaoooo. Gazelle and Smoke Scale 100% not used at all ! Just kill the pets!

Well, it's not a match up he can win really.

You made this thread complaining about smokescale and gazelle? What?!?

But yeah, in my opinion without dps pets you're disadvantaged and with dps pets they'll just die in this 1v1 - so a different disadvantage. You just gotta play and hold the neut and try to survive. You don't kill smokescale or gazelle, you kill the tiger and/or the birds. How is that so hard to understand?

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok.

Ok.

Here's

You mean

On top of winning the node you literally start eating everything for some Reason after you just dodge the moment he shield 4. Got back on Node to get hit by Morat 2-3-4 at this point you have almost 2 full dodges available along an evade stun break.....If you plan on Sitting on the node to trade with him how about avoid the Chill and Blind at the very least so it isn't easy for him to just pressure you.

Trunks wtf are you talking about dude.

1. I won the node because it's the start of the match and I almost completely capped it by the time he ran over from his spawn...
  2. So you're telling me I should dodge mortar 2, 3, and 4 which have 10, 15, and 20s cooldowns respectively instead of saving them for CCs or even bigger damage abilities? Or maybe you think that I shouldn't dodge those mortars but instead should simply walk off the node (because they cover the whole node) and give him a full decap rather than stand in them for the full 5 seconds.
  3. Please tell me how I should avoid the chill and blind WHEN THEY COVER THE WHOLE ENTIRE NODE? If he rotates them, I can't stand on the node for a whopping 40 seconds every minute or I'm going to be chilled and/or blinded. Incredible.

Oh, and please how many rangers you think would do better in this matchup against Naru. Feel free to leave their names here so that I may go and learn how to play ranger from them, who are so skilled as to be able to trade effectively with Prot Holo on node with a build that has the worst node presence out of any side noder in the game.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@God.2708 said:

@God.2708 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:I'm just leaving it here (you can watch until the game ends to see him dying 2v1 cuz pet kek)

Great example of a l2p moment. If he had just chilled the bird, or CC'd it, or better yet killed it. Then they could've trained the ranger down without it being able to do any damage.

Yeah, that's the problem. Not that the AI is hard to see and hits harder than builds running berserkers with every attack and 0 stat investment on the ranger's part.

No, the problem is that he didn't target the bird and force the ranger to call it back or swap it. Actions that would really have cost the ranger to employ.

I'm glad you agree. Yeah. Since blue team already had control on henge. If he had just killed the thing killing him. He could've then freely trained the ranger and gotten a kill. Since no one had to go back to node to decap or cap it. Instead he fell right into the ranger's trap and his own ignorance led to him dying.

Luckily for the Rev, since pets don't recall instantly and also can't dodge, it would've been very easy for him to do.

lmfao pets don't recall instantly. yeah, they just do it at 2x superspeed. easy to catch, np.

watch the clip again, ranger pet swapped and it instantly KOd him. Please tell me more about how to dodge instant abilities or attacks from AI that are a 1/10th the size of a player model. 57:05

The same way you dodge any other instant cast burst like a heralds sword 5 or reapers shroud procs or engineers explosive entrance. You get gud. He got instant KOed whilst at 6k HP on a class that runs pretty glassy. Let's be honest here if the rev didn't get insta KOed we'd be having very different discussions on these forums because that would be absolutely stupid.

All shroud traits can't crit and deal <500 damage. You know explosive entrance will trigger after the engi dodges, avoid the next attack. herald sword 5 (both of them) have cast times and the secondary strike is melee only. Ranger pet swap is instant with 0 tell and the only animation being a small bird appeared, which by the time you notice you're already dead from 5k swoop 8k chilling slash or 4k AAs.

If you're going to use a comparison, use one that's appropriate like mesmer's mantra of pain. Which also does half the damage pets do and is tied to the player's stats, unlike how pets use their own (massively bloated) stats.

This dude can dodge teleports he can't see, but not a pet right in front of his eyes. Amazing.

This dude doesn't know that Rev sword 5 uses a followup skill, the first hit does very little damage and serves as a que to dodge. You could look at it as an animation you have time to react to, compared to instant abilities with no cast time- like pet swap. Which does more damage than deathstrike even if the ranger has 0 powerIf a damage oriented core ranger using two damage pets can't even kill a rev by himself without help, why is this even a discussion?

Been saying it for a long time now, the pet AI vector makes people feel like they are unfairly being ganked. It's a psychological thing. I couldn't tell you how many people I've fought over the years while using Druid, even current Druid setups which have bad pet damage, but after a 1v1 people will still say: "That pet is carrying your damage. All the damage is coming from the pet" and they really really seriously believe that. But if you were to run a DPS meter and look at the actual damage value that the Druid pet is contributing, it's more like 1/3rd of what the Druid is outputting. The point being is that anytime an AI is dealing damage to a player, there is this psychological effect where they "feel" like the pet is dealing so much more damage over the course of 60s than it actually is.

@"Grimjack.8130" said:I actually really enjoy pets doing damage when the Ranger invests alot into it with a big combo with We Heal As One/Elite to give it tons of might fury and quickness. But when a Pet hits for 3-6k on autos and 6k+ on f2s with almost no set up, you'd think there might be an issue there, but I guess not.

It's definitely an issue, but what most people don't realize is that those bigger autos coming off of pets are directly tied to marks mods. Even if the Ranger isn't attempting a big burst combos, he still is routinely cycling through fury procs for remorseless at random times, Mauls that even when they miss they are still making 50% AOO, and then of course every CC that lands is making another +50%, even if it's just a pet auto hitting. These marks mods will turn a 1k - 1.5k pet auto into 3k-4k auto.

yet here's a video, with the dps meter, showing pets doing 2/3rds of the total damage.

pets shouldn't have power coefficients higher than anything players can access. Especially not when they have higher stat values than any players and access to higher modifiers than any players can achieve. I'm not sure how to make this more clear to you- ranger pets are massive outliers in the current meta because they were not adjusted like every other class was.

You're adding all of that up wrong dude.

At the end of the first 1v1, it says that:

• Pounce 23%
  • Ricochet 11%
  • Whirling Defense 10%
  • Bite 10%
  • Maul 8%
  • Winter's Bite 7%
  • Smoke Assault 6%
  • Bite 5%
  • Swoop 3%

If you add up the Ranger attacks vs. the Pet attacks, you are actually looking at: Ranger (39%) - Pet (44%) from what it shown in your meter box before the lower % sources scroll off. So we are missing 17% of damage sourcing that isn't even shown. Realistically, here are the sources of damage that I know you're taking, that weren't shown in your box: Ranger bleeds from Splitblade & Winter's Bite - Ranger poison from Refined Toxins - Damage you deal to yourself when the Ranger uses his Retal buff on Axe #5 - Ranger GS autos Slash Slice Enduring Swing - Ranger GS4 counter & Hilt bash. Now listen carefully. The Smokescale only has 3x attacks that it can damage you with. 2x are shown up there in the meter and the only one that isn't shown is Takedown, which is a CC that deals no damage. The Tiger has 4x attacks that can damage you, which are Slash, Bite, Maul, Furious Pounce. I already proof checked your video to make sure that the Maul listed in your meter box was coming from the Ranger. You can see the Maul in box rise in % damage each time the Ranger hits you with GS Maul. Both the TIger and Smokescale Bites are accounted for in your box as well as Pounce. Only Tiger Slash & Tiger Maul are not accounted for. Both of those attacks are low coefficients and even Tiger Maul is a 16s CD so even that isn't happening often. Realistically, we're looking at the small damage sources that weren't showing, mostly coming from the Ranger, although those extra strikes are surely dealing some damage. So we'll make a fair split of that 17% that isn't show, and give 11% to the Ranger and 6% to the Pet = Ranger (50%) - pet (50%)

After the second 1v1 it says this:

• Ricochet 22%
  • Bite 16%
  • Smoke Assault 15%
  • Winter's Bite 8%
  • Furious Pounce 6%
  • Swoop 5%
  • Whirling Defense 5%
  • Maul 4%
  • Bite 4%
  • Slash 3%

Ranger (44%) - Pet (44%). Strangely enough, this is 50/50 ratio for both the Ranger and the Pet without even needing to tinker into where the scrolled off 12% was coming from that didn't make it into the box. But I can assure that most of the attacks missing from that above list, are all Ranger weapon side sources.

Anyway, I took the time to do this to point out to you with your own evidence recorded, that the psychological effect I mentioned about people "feeling" like the pet is dealing A LOT more damage than it actually is, definitely seems to be true.

Look man, say & suggest whatever you want. Just try to keep it factual so bandwagons don't get started and steer things into heavily unnecessary nerfs in the wrong places. You probably won't believe this, but Core Ranger is getting hit so hard with complaints right now, that I highly doubt it will remain viable after the next round of nerfing. And since they will be hitting CORE so hard, it will directly effect Soulbeast and Druid, which already C- tier or worse. We don't need further embellishment about how Ranger Pets are Raid Bosses.

I think they need to flat out nerf all pets damage. It's not just one pet or the other, pets can't just deal nearly 3k on auto attack, more than a player auto attack does.Tthat is before all the buffs and boons. Not to mention if they have Opening Strike, it's just free 25% bonus damage. Like the pet just insta kill the rev from 1500 range like the above clip. It's broken.It's not that players cannot dodge, block, or play around with the skills mentioned above, it's that they're all on a the shortest possible cooldowns. That's why it's unbalanced and broken. Which is why I think they need to tweak ranger GS.
Have you ever seen a skill #2 on a 4s cd? Nope, only on ranger GS if traited. Other classes when they trait their weapons, the shortest is 8s cd.Hilt Bash should be on a 25s-30s cd with trait, instead of 16s cd. And 2s daze, stun on it is just too long, tbh.Even if you can't miss the Maul animation, it's on a short cd, rangers could just spam it. It's a cherry on top with Hilt Bash in case you want to be more spammy.

It's different with thief because if a thief spec to get all the juice in their backstab, they literally don't have any defense and it's harder to survive if not play right.With rangers, with or without the traits that boost the damage, the pets auto attacks are still too much, and the GS low cd doesn't help either. Now can I play as a pet? Because I'd like to deal nearly 3k on auto, instead of my trash 545 damage on auto. Lol.