Help match manipulation

Slick.7164

@Fearless.3569 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:It's ok if people bandwagon. :3

Bandwagoning server stacking players breaks and completely makes WvW not fun. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this assessment.

So.... who do you punish? I am fairly certain that every host server has ‘bandwagoners’ either on their server or their link.

It would appear that the only server in T1 in NA that doesn’t have a stacked link would be the evil empire. Should we just punish the other two?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:It's ok if people bandwagon. :3

Bandwagoning server stacking players breaks and completely makes WvW not fun. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this assessment.

So.... who do you punish? I am fairly certain that every host server has ‘bandwagoners’ either on their server or their link.

It would appear that the only server in T1 in NA that doesn’t have a stacked link would be the evil empire. Should we just punish the other two?

I did not say punish anybody. I just stated what makes WvW not fun for me.

Honestly if you want my opinion. I say blow up all the servers and make weekly match completely separate from servers. Make them have a fixed number of players. Make transfers once you are slotted on the server impossible till the next matchup. But lets be honest giving how much ANet gains from WvWers through bandwagon and server stacking. WvW in my opinion will never be as fun as Alliance War in ESO is. Hench why I take my mass-PvP needs to ESO instead of GW2. I would be a fool to ask or expect ANet to change their business model to bring myself some fun.

@Slick.7164 said:Nooo Exact oppisate Give them reason to come out and play

ThisIncentivize being in high tiers. T1 then T2 then T3, the rest should have no incentives.End of week rewards based on placement, tier, and contribution. Just like how ESO does it (1st place server, 30 day, 1st place leaderboard).ESO doesn't have this issue.

ESO has it so you can tell whose been grinding it for your world, on GW2 only people causal people know is commanders. They don't know the good players outside commanders like everyone knows FENGRUSH, he is pretty much a solo player. People wouldn't know a solo player thats really good in GW2 because theres no leaderboard.

With server matchup results matter it makes people want to win.With server placement aka Tier 1 Tier 2 matter, it makes people perform better as a server contribution.With contribution being a factor, it makes people want to grind longer because they want to be highest contributor.

Everything in WvW right now is just personal. It has no internal competition among the same server. Like player X on Jade Quarry is doing better, I must do better on Jade Quarry so I can be higher than him. GW2 lacks competitiveness among others who are on same server as them.

Due to this, everyone knows if they go down to easier matchup, it's easier for personal rewards. Thats why you need to add more competition.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Slick.7164 said:Nooo Exact oppisate Give them reason to come out and play

ThisIncentivize being in high tiers. T1 then T2 then T3, the rest should have no incentives.End of week rewards based on placement, tier, and contribution. Just like how ESO does it (1st place server, 30 day, 1st place leaderboard).ESO doesn't have this issue.

ESO has it so you can tell whose been grinding it for your world, on GW2 only people causal people know is commanders. They don't know the good players outside commanders like everyone knows FENGRUSH, he is pretty much a solo player. People wouldn't know a solo player thats really good in GW2 because theres no leaderboard.

With server matchup results matter it makes people want to win.With server placement aka Tier 1 Tier 2 matter, it makes people perform better as a server contribution.With contribution being a factor, it makes people want to grind longer because they want to be highest contributor.

Everything in WvW right now is just personal. It has no internal competition among the same server. Like player X on Jade Quarry is doing better, I must do better on Jade Quarry so I can be higher than him. GW2 lacks competitiveness among others who are on same server as them.

Due to this, everyone knows if they go down to easier matchup, it's easier for personal rewards. Thats why you need to add more competition.

yes yes, for the realm!

@SWI.4127 said:It's hard to tell what you even mean by match manipulation, because you haven't explained it at all. You just explained the punishment you want. Do you mean servers tanking? Do you mean stacking servers? Give us something here...

Yesterday I threw down a catapult to attack a tower and the person next to me didn't finish the catapult even though they clearly had supply. They should be banned for Obstruction of PPT imo.

I know a lot of ppl have asked this already, but would you please explain what you mean by match manipulation. Bandwagoning and tanking are the only things ppl in this forum have come up with, but you've already said you're okay with the primary offender (bandwagoning), so you must be talking about tanking. This is honestly baffling, I've never heard of any ever in the history of GW2 ever seriously complain that the enemy server is tanking, maybe in private discussions b/c it means you're now stuck with an undesired server, but I can't remember the last time someone has made a form post complaining that servers are tanking, I'm pretty sure most servers try to tank out of T1 tbf.

Maybe you were talking about something else, if so please explain, we're all curious as to what you see as so egregious that you would punish an entire server for it.

What they need to do is remove ALL scoring except points for kills. That way the super blob that farms smc all day, and always lets their borderland get flipped so their ppt stays low (so they can lose or stay in a lower tier) will always end up winning the match. The only way for the blob to throw the match would be to feed kills to the enemy over and over, and at least if that happened, the small, outnumbered server would be getting plenty of free loot and amusement out of it.

@Ubi.4136 said:What they need to do is remove ALL scoring except points for kills. That way the super blob that farms smc all day, and always lets their borderland get flipped so their ppt stays low (so they can lose or stay in a lower tier) will always end up winning the match. The only way for the blob to throw the match would be to feed kills to the enemy over and over, and at least if that happened, the small, outnumbered server would be getting plenty of free loot and amusement out of it.

I've thought of that before, but I feel as though that would encourage ppt servers and groups that keep getting wiped to stay away from fights. PPT servers would just stand in their T3 walls with AC's more than they already do since there's no incentive for them to go and capture, and there's even a greater incentive to not get killed. Part of what keeps this game mode half-alive is the fact that commanders will keep coming back several times in a single night even if they are continually wiped. While certainly not all comms will sit out, there is again greater incentive to dodge good fights if you have a high chance of getting wpied. Also, like you said, tanking would still exist but it would just involve getting killed by the other side, in a situation where both servers are trying to tank out of T1, it just means that neither side would actually engage each other since neither wants to stay.

All in all, I feel that such a rule would discourage player interaction and competitiveness more than it already does.

@V Winter.5371 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:What they need to do is remove ALL scoring except points for kills. That way the super blob that farms smc all day, and always lets their borderland get flipped so their ppt stays low (so they can lose or stay in a lower tier) will always end up winning the match. The only way for the blob to throw the match would be to feed kills to the enemy over and over, and at least if that happened, the small, outnumbered server would be getting plenty of free loot and amusement out of it.

I've thought of that before, but I feel as though that would encourage ppt servers and groups that keep getting wiped to stay away from fights. PPT servers would just stand in their T3 walls with AC's more than they already do since there's no incentive for them to go and capture, and there's even a greater incentive to not get killed. Part of what keeps this game mode half-alive is the fact that commanders will keep coming back several times in a single night even if they are continually wiped. While certainly not all comms will sit out, there is again greater incentive to dodge good fights if you have a high chance of getting wpied. Also, like you said, tanking would still exist but it would just involve getting killed by the other side, in a situation where both servers are trying to tank out of T1, it just means that neither side would actually engage each other since neither wants to stay.

All in all, I feel that such a rule would discourage player interaction and competitiveness more than it already does.

Nah, removing points from getting killed would give more incentive to dying, but less incentive to killing. Meaning PPT comms would fight more but fight commanders that rely on PPK might quit the game.

@Threather.9354 said:

Nah, removing points from getting killed would give more incentive to dying, but less incentive to killing. Meaning PPT comms would fight more but fight commanders that rely on PPK might quit the game.

But do the fight commanders even care about score? So would the change in PPK actually make them quit?

Most I have spoken with don’t give a rat’s young cat about any score.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

But do the fight commanders even care about score? So would the change in PPK actually make them quit?

A fight com cares only about fights . A ppt com will care about ppk since it's points still :3

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

All popular fight commanders from the past played for score partly. Did nightcrews and resetted t3 keeps when necessary and such. Of course the new gen of commanders is little bit more selfish, brainwashed by bandvagoning, but as tradeoff that also means they're bad dealing with siege and upgraded objectives.

But yea PPK is the normal source for score rn. Fight servers always win daytime even though they tend to tick less.