Worth gearing?

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Depends on what you are gearing for. The runes and sigil might change. Stats wise, I doubt unless there is a balance patch along with the release which I think there will be. So, nope, just wait for the release. Berserker gear build should be fine though.

If you mean ascended armor, im sure i will wait till PoF. Make gear with stats that will be usefull in expac.

Depending on the class, you could easily get use out of a zerker set until it is found out what stats are good and then swap over to them. If it's anything like HoT, swapping to the new stats might be cheaper because you don't have to worry about fulgerite. Also in the meantime you can do fractals over the next few days to try and get more gear boxes.

This is assuming we are talking about ascended armor and not exotics. If exotic armor, I'd never bother making anything except zerker armor anyhow since exotic versions of the good stuff (viper's, minstrel's, etc.) are expensive enough to not be worth not going all the way to ascended.

As others have said, it depends on too many factors to answer generically. Here are the things to consider:

• Available resources: if you have tons of gold & other currencies, then sure, might as well set up new L80s this week, the better to be able roll with something when PoF launches. And if you're currency|mat-poor, wait.
  • Always useful stats: as others have mentioned, zerker, viper, and celestial will always be strong in their respective niches. If you can afford it, it's probably always worth having an ascended Zerk & a Viper set of each weight. Since most of us cannot fund that sort of flexibility, it's better to wait.
  • Preferred content: if you like open world only, you can always get by with viper's or zerk. If you do raids or organized WvW, then your needs are more complicated.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Depends on what you are gearing for. The runes and sigil might change. Stats wise, I doubt unless there is a balance patch along with the release which I think there will be. So, nope, just wait for the release. Berserker gear build should be fine though.

If there isn't a balance patch with the release a lot of players are going to be extremely disappointed.

@flashofdeath.8921 said:Thank you all so much! Probably not gonna have time to gear anyway (wife went into labor this morning) lol but all the information helps me for when I can play! Is the drop rate for ascended gear low?

Congrats on the wife being in labor thing! And yes, ascended gear has a low drop rate. Doing the T4 fractal dailies every day is the best way to get ascended gear as drops, I believe.

Archived