3v3 First Impressions

Tomixus.3486

Matchmaking, as always, isnt great? SoloQ can get matched to 3man group, game itself wont 'balance' builds (well not even classes) therefore one team can end up with 3x DPS while other team can have 2x Supports/healers. For classes, one team can end up with ie. no guard and other one can have two of those.

Revive/finisher spells, same as in 2v2, are basically win condition, you already know how game most likely gonna end up when enemy necro have that signet and your doesnt.

Shouldnt forget to mention crashes which usually give you free loose + dishonor penalty.

Rewards are disappointing, 35 tickets for 2 weeks might be okay for those who just play occasionally, but 20 Asc. Shards for repeatable chest which require 100 pips compared to standart 100 Shards / 180 pips are be bit low for occasionall players.

Overall I believe this is slight improvement compared to 2v2, but I would really appriciate if there could be restrictions angaist multiclassing and instant revives. Lets say 1x class and 1x revive per match for future mini season experiments.

I'm just greatful for 3v3 arenas. I have been begging for this for years :) balancing will be addressed if it stays...

They did 2v2 arena and it went away... forever... or did it come back once since then? I dont want that for 3v3... i want 3v3 to stay foreverrrrrrr

@LaFurion.3167 said:I'm just greatful for 3v3 arenas. I have been begging for this for years :) balancing will be addressed if it stays...

They did 2v2 arena and it went away... forever... or did it come back once since then? I dont want that for 3v3... i want 3v3 to stay foreverrrrrrr

Afaik 2v2 was unpleasant to play for many people due balance or something like that? so they get rid of it and bring 3v3 with hope it might turn out better?

@Tomixus.3486 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:I'm just greatful for 3v3 arenas. I have been begging for this for years :) balancing will be addressed if it stays...

Afaik 2v2 was unpleasant to play for many people due balance or something like that? so they get rid of it and bring 3v3 with hope it might turn out better?

tbh, 3v3 has fights that occure frequently in 5v5 already. mid fights are usually 3, with maybe a 1+. I dont usually see 5v5 team fights in many fights

Yeaaah im super happy for 3v3 as well, Deathmatch makes game mode less about points (random warrior going far and dies, even though you do have a thief) but more about who can negate a revive from signet etc. though I fully agree that in low tier, it is mainly about who is beefiest and got most cond dmg, I think further into the rank it changes to high dmg and immob

@LaFurion.3167 said:

tbh, 3v3 has fights that occure frequently in 5v5 already. mid fights are usually 3, with maybe a 1+. I dont usually see 5v5 team fights in many fights

And thats imo just bad concept of PvP, some says its about roaming and rotations, objectives and stuff. But I believe pvp. should define how good are you in actuall combat situation, not how many utility/movement skills can you fit im your kit.. go plau wvw id you wanna run like rat :lol:

@Tomixus.3486 said:And thats imo just bad concept of PvP, some says its about roaming and rotations, objectives and stuff. But I believe pvp. should define how good are you in actuall combat situation, not how many utility/movement skills can you fit im your kit.. go plau wvw id you wanna run like rat :lol:

I get that most people want to just pick a fotm build, see big damage numbers and flex on their opponents in a deathmatch, but having the depth of rotations just adds so much to the game and makes it less reliant on class balance. I would agree that being able to go from one side to the map to the other in a few seconds on a few builds is a bit much, but that can be easily toned down.

3 vs. 3 is actualla a "3 focus on 1 ... and the team getting the first kill wins".I haven't played it a lot yet. Need to try more. (Still in the unbalanced placement matches and need to make a tankier build that can take damage from 3 at once better.) So far I found it boring though.

@Exci.6724 said:

@Tomixus.3486 said:And thats imo just bad concept of PvP, some says its about roaming and rotations, objectives and stuff. But I believe pvp. should define how good are you in actuall combat situation, not how many utility/movement skills can you fit im your kit.. go plau wvw id you wanna run like rat :lol:

I get that most people want to just pick a fotm build, see big damage numbers and flex on their opponents in a deathmatch, but having the depth of rotations just adds so much to the game and makes it less reliant on class balance. I would agree that being able to go from one side to the map to the other in a few seconds on a few builds is a bit much, but that can be easily toned down.

To be fair, the PvP field has already been stocked on meta builds/compositions (see tournaments) and Rev, Holo, Necro, Guard, ele and possibly thief/ranger/mesmer is not just a few classes

@Exci.6724 said:

main reason why I really dont like conquest is fact that its barelly about pvp anymore. Once someone get above gold its rather about rotations aka better thief wins. You can win every clash on mid, but you still gonna loose because enemy team have that one guy who you barelly see thru entire match since all he do is simply rotating between close/far all time long. That kinda killing the vibe of Player vs Player for me....Or people doing forest creatures rather than focus on points, or someone camping treb entire game, or fighting off points, or never comming to hammer/bell or milion other reason why is conquest made rather for specific group of players than common people.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:There are so many good combinations that could be made but the first people to complain are the ones who don't experiment and only solo queue.

If the game mode have possibility to log soloQ it should be at optimized for it. Why should one meet 3man groups as solo? None of my friends play this game, neither my guildies are not focused on pvp and those who are, have either different rating or play time. I really dont think that I should be punished for playing solo

@Tomixus.3486 said:

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:There are so many good combinations that could be made but the first people to complain are the ones who don't experiment and only solo queue.

If the game mode have possibility to log soloQ it should be at optimized for it. Why should one meet 3man groups as solo? None of my friends play this game, neither my guildies are not focused on pvp and those who are, have either different rating or play time. I really dont think that I should be punished for playing solo

This game has never believed in solo fun to begin with. Conquest isn't optimized either.

There is no gamemode for 1 person to compete in properly without all these random elements in the way that take away from a more skillbased victory system.2 vs 2 was the closest thing we had because you could remove the random pug factor if you had 1 friend.

@Tomixus.3486 said:Matchmaking, as always, isnt great? SoloQ can get matched to 3man groupthis is only problem for soloq. On mmo game aI don't see any trouble find 2 more if someone want. Currently I reg solo. Very nice matchmaking. Predict 20-25% wwinrate. It ok for me.

game itself wont 'balance' builds (well not even classes) therefore one team can end up with 3x DPS while other team can have 2x Supports/healers.want strict balance? find 2 more. Rng is ok for me. Also I am play boon/heal support theif. How the AI should bring me others 2? No reason spent resources for that. rng is ok.

Revive/finisher spells, same as in 2v2, are basically win condition, you already know how game most likely gonna end up when enemy necro have that signet and your doesnt.You can choose any class and build ??

Shouldnt forget to mention crashes which usually give you free loose + dishonor penalty.:( yes first true

Rewards are disappointing, 35 tickets for 2 weeks might be okay for those who just play occasionally, but 20 Asc. Shards for repeatable chest which require 100 pips compared to standart 100 Shards / 180 pips are be bit low for occasionall players.you can chill, and make preparation for big 5x season. This is 2 weeks event term. It is very short. Try get fun from it.

I especially did not mentioned 'me' but rather reffered to 'one' as someone, because Im also the guy with insta revive and support things in my kit. Tbf, Im not the one who complaining, Im the guy who feel sorry for people who get matched up without revive/support/op multiclass

About preparation.. preparatiom on what? what do you have from high ranking apart from pittyfull icon every season?Generally pvp aint that much fun in this game anymore. Got really annoyed by it after first expansion and it didnt get any better, it actually got worse, nowdays mostly because of bots. For me its lazy easy way to get legendary armor with zero effort. :lol:

My experience with it last night was pretty positive as soloq only.

Did I get some dud matches? Sure, but that's to be expected.

My only real complaint is the possibility of triple class stacking. For instance I had one match on halls where the enemy had 2 burn guards and a sagebrand. That was a pure cancer match...

Other than that, I'm liking it more than traditional conquest.

need new maps and appropriate balancing, but this is way more fun than Conquest ever was. I firmly believe Anet needs to fully support 2v2/3v3 formats, ditch Conquest, and create a GvG game mode for 10v10 or something like that and balance that separately.

3's soloq is a lot of fun. fighting against organized premades is quite sweaty and unforgiving if they have a better comp.

Nothing different than 2v2, just add 1 extra support and there you have 3v3. I prefer 2v2 because you couldn't stack ezpz ideas (Other than the fact a lot of skills were bloated when we had a go at it.) and even then playing without an objective feels stupid and pointless because people focuses one target without having anything to worry about. It's always the team weak link that dies first then it's game over, that teammate doesn't have the option to go be useful somewhere else such as back capping the team while the 2 other players who can hold the fight for a bit can distract the 3 others. I'm glad this is just for 1 week because my experience aside the crashes has being incredibly underwhelming compared 2v2, there's no variety in 3v3 tops. At least in conquest there's many ways to be useful.

I had a match ... first 1 round we got the first kill. Then the enemies still beat us. 2nd round the beat us. Other 2 guys argued. (Some firebrand was hard to kill and the one guy wanted to focus necro first.)

Well ... with focusing necro first it seemed to work and we won 3 vs. 2 - the next 3 rounds.

I'd say that was fun. I also tried to play a different build for that match on my main. (Instead of using just the same old build I use in conquest ... or using another class when I barely played anything else than my main so far.)

6s revealed buff skill on short CD (17 seconds) is fun at guys applying mid/long duration stealth at the beginning.