Idea: Fancier commander tags?

@ASP.8093 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I also think it would be cool if Commanders could designate a limited amount of leaders within their squad groups and those players would be temporarily assigned a Lieutenant commander title and given a smaller and slightly different commander icon which the Commander could change the colour of.A simple Lieutenant icon will be very useful but it should only be visible to squad members, and not visible to anyone else

Use the target markers for that, folks.

Can you have more than 1 target markers? No.Sometimes, it is desirable to have 2 or even 3 lieutenants. Your suggestion would be less than ideal then.In addition, you or your lieutenants are now unable to use target markers to call attention to a specific mob.

@Silent.6137 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:I also think it would be cool if Commanders could designate a limited amount of leaders within their squad groups and those players would be temporarily assigned a Lieutenant commander title and given a smaller and slightly different commander icon which the Commander could change the colour of.A simple Lieutenant icon will be very useful but it should only be visible to squad members, and not visible to anyone else

Use the target markers for that, folks.

Can you have more than 1 target markers? No.Sometimes, it is desirable to have 2 or even 3 lieutenants. Your suggestion would be less than ideal then.In addition, you or your lieutenants are now unable to use target markers to call attention to a specific mob.

The commander target markers. Circle, star, heart, &c. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Commander#Markers

@"Bristingr.5034" said:I would love to have Anet design a "Pug"mander Tag. We already have a Cat Tag, what about us K9 lovers?

where's the bunny and frog tags?

@Daddicus.6128 said:What do you guys think of having a gem store item that cosmetically (only) changes the appearance of commander tags?

It wouldn't grant a tag, just enhance the one(s) you already have.

If you like it, I don't think it should apply to mentor tags.

no to the gemstore thing. i'd rather if they added new shapes or animals to the commander tag it'd be via a Compendium that you buy from an NPC for 300 gold (or 150 gold if you already have a tag)

@"Fueki.4753" said:I don't want anymore tags before they implement the option to hide tag display on the minimap.

Other tags are hidden for Commander's by default (if option "Show all tags" isn't checked, at least), so you can hide all tags on the map by tagging up and then setting your squad to private, hiding yours from others as well.

@ Thread:Commander tags are okay as they are, its mentor tags that need love. And we need some WvW equivalent to the mentor tag too, so players can lead small groups of PUGs without having a full on 300g unlock + public squad.

I can't count the number of times I wanted to tag up for defense without trampling on the existing tag on map.

Also, please bring back tags in instanced content!