New Raid thread? [spoilers]

Michram.6853

I've been wondering who/what group might be the next thread of raids.

White Mantle is done, "One Path Ends" clarify that the last group of them is done, Mursaat is dead, so no more White Mantle.

So what's now? Few possibilities, one better than other:1) Zaishen and their revange on us because of killing their god. I am wondering why they didn't take a part on the battle with their god. Perhaps he killed them, but it'd be stupid... Yes he certainly killed them. :D2) Grand return of Palawa Joko! The trap of Balthazar has certainly been broken after Balthazar's death, so he will most likely want to punish us for our "borrowing" of his army also because we didn't want to free him and we were ignoring him. Anyway, Praise Joko!3) Lyssa and an unexpected reveal of her. Balthazar didn't curse Lyssa at all. Was she helping him 'somehow'? I hope we are not done with the gods. If Balthazar was still following Abaddon's trail so Lyssa (perhaps 1 part of her) is still following his trail. They are twins, so perhaps the sisters broke down? Interesting.

Any other ideas? :)

Good suggestions, but I think Palawa Joko will be tied to LS. Too much lore there to leave him out of the "base" experience. New raids could be:

1. going back to the Domain of the Lost and looking for some new threat. (We already portaled in and out once). Accessible through a portal to UW
  2. Zaishen, priests of balthazar. Doubt it, as it'd be another raid centric on humans. Would be cool if it opened up access to battle isles, but I think there's a better way to do that than raids.
  3. Balthazar left a rift in the world, we can enter through it and find where he was held captured and fight [insert mob here] Menzies? Someone else? Many possibilities.
  4. Enter the Realm of Torment from the Desolation and fight Margonites and whatever else lurks down there. Would be really cool if this was less raid and more "quest-based" like in gw1, but with raid difficulties.
  5. I'm assuming the most likely option to be that Kralkatorrik flew over some long dead forgotten hub and raised an army of branded forgotten bosses from gw1, that now need to be cleared out to search for a powerful weapon. (the weapon belonging in LS, but the elite squad mission needed to look for optional ways of finding it).

Gw nightfall which featured elona and vabbi had a gate toward the realm of torment and it fit PoF area. We could expect the story to lead us toward the remnant of this gate, sending us different part of the realm of torment. This would be an interesting developpement since it wouldn't take space on the world map area.

Also I'm sure that lot of players would be happy to raid in updated gw's elite area like the underworld.

The map does not show cantha, however there is plenty area that can still be exploited for futur expansions which fuel my doubts for a cantha xpac. (Not that the empire invading for the sake of it's own expansion can be brush off easily, just cantha is unlikely)

It'll be something acceptable as a side story so I'm the world, probably zhaishen or branded bosses causing trouble in a remote area, with supporting lore on whatever enemy(s) they are but not critical where non raiders will be lost in S4. Raids would be a great place to establish how the distribution of zhaitan and mordremoths Magic affected kralk(the same as other dragons I'd assume, which is partial control of their domains). More interestingly, his absorption of fire and ice magic from dragons that are still alive!

As others have mentioned, and I'm just going to mix it up a bit, we might as well take a portal that goes either through the underworld, realm of torment, or the most likely if the previous raids are a signal, a portal that simply takes us to the Battle Isles to fight Zaishen (epically corrupted Zaishen by leftover magic??). Who knows, they might as well throw a Deep Sea Dragon minion onto us since they were hyped to be enormous (as per Infinity Coil dungeon), or at least show us a remote area of the world they are not going to explore right now.

Rumors says that Fissure of Woe will be the first raid, supposedly from same folks who leaked PoF though I cannot confirm such, though there's also been dev comments saying they had planned the Fissure of Woe in the past but didn't feel like they could do it justice so they scrapped those plans (same with the Hall of Heroes).

Realm of Torment could work, we have a portal there in the form of the Mouth of Torment. The Hall of Heroes too, via the Tombs. Hidden City of Ahdashim is right next door too.

Considering all the raids have tied to season 3 somewhat (wings 1-3 being the reintroduction of the white mantle and the possible mursaat storyline and wing four introducing the eye of janthir specifically), it's likely that the raids would specifically deal with a growing threat to the region. I'd think it would be boring if it were entirely branded for the raid, and a conflict between the more zealous Zaishen humans and the non-human/non-zealous-human members would be an interesting place to consider, which could fit with the fissure of woe. As others have mentioned, Ahdashim, realm of torment, perhaps even something to do with Menzies or Dhuum in the mists (Dhuum especially would fit much more as a raid boss than a living world or expansion boss).

I'd rather Joko was introduced and then dealt with in the living world, but his escape could be done as a raid thing (going into the domain of the lost and the final boss breaks joko's cage while in the middle of the fight).

@castlemanic.3198 said:Considering all the raids have tied to season 3 somewhat (wings 1-3 being the reintroduction of the white mantle and the possible mursaat storyline and wing four introducing the eye of janthir specifically), it's likely that the raids would specifically deal with a growing threat to the region.

The main difference between Forsaken Thicket and the next raid, however, is that Season 4 will have already begun. The next raid cannot function as an introduction or foreshadowing since it'll be in the same time as the next plot, unless they plan another (hopefully less horrible) "unexpected reveal" and the raid serves to foreshadow it without any obvious connection. More likely, it'd be like Bastion of the Penitent, which served more to act as a closing to loose threads - which is the same that elite missions in GW1 largely served (though FoW, UW, and Tombs' rework had acted as a (perhaps originally unintended) foreshadowing too, of a very distant threat, Sorrow's Embrace, Urgoz's Warren, The Deep, Domain of Anguish, and Slavers' Exile all served to function as closures for side plots or lose ends in the main plot).

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@castlemanic.3198 said:Considering all the raids have tied to season 3 somewhat (wings 1-3 being the reintroduction of the white mantle and the possible mursaat storyline and wing four introducing the eye of janthir specifically), it's likely that the raids would specifically deal with a growing threat to the region.

The main difference between Forsaken Thicket and the next raid, however, is that Season 4 will have already begun. The next raid cannot function as an introduction or foreshadowing since it'll be in the same time as the next plot, unless they plan another (hopefully less horrible) "unexpected reveal" and the raid serves to foreshadow it without any obvious connection. More likely, it'd be like Bastion of the Penitent, which served more to act as a closing to loose threads - which is the same that elite missions in GW1 largely served (though FoW, UW, and Tombs' rework had acted as a (perhaps originally unintended) foreshadowing too, of a very distant threat, Sorrow's Embrace, Urgoz's Warren, The Deep, Domain of Anguish, and Slavers' Exile all served to function as closures for side plots or lose ends in the main plot).

Or background, like side lore for awakened or branded, or what forged are doing without balth

To be honest, I would like to see possibly some closure on what is going on in the Mists without the gods, especially with the Sanctum!

! I mean it felt wrong for my character to leave the Sanctum falling apart in order to return with the sunspear knowledge. Especially leaving our guide through The Domain of the Lost behind!>!

Though I don't know what exactly we could do.

@Narcemus.1348 said:To be honest, I would like to see possibly some closure on what is going on in the Mists without the gods, especially with the Sanctum!

! I mean it felt wrong for my character to leave the Sanctum falling apart in order to return with the sunspear knowledge. Especially leaving our guide through The Domain of the Lost behind!>!

you can check this while doing Griffon quest. :)

@Arden.7480 said:

@Narcemus.1348 said:To be honest, I would like to see possibly some closure on what is going on in the Mists without the gods, especially with the Sanctum!

you can check this while doing Griffon quest. :)

That's what I was talking about.

! As far as I could tell, my only options were to collect the knowledge and scram leaving all of the spirits behind to the mercy of the random (otherwise associated with the underworld) realm of torment demons.

What I imagine they could do:

• There are movement seen from the enquest which start to be a bother to the resident of the desert.

Opening of the new raid:

• This lead autority (and us) to go see what they are doing in the middle of the desert.
  • Path 1 of the new raid make us follow their trail until we found a huge research center with a rift inside.
  • Path 2 make us block what's leaving the rift and trying to encroached in the desert.
  • Path 3 make us enter the realm of torment and block some demons.
  • Path 4 make us enter the realm of torment where we end up fighting the enquest allied(?) to some margonites.

At the same time in LS4:

• A bit after Path 1, some demon/margonites are seen in a new map and we gotta kick their a... (ep1)
  • Big trouble happen in rata sum due to the enquest and a few assura are kidnaped and we gotta find where they are (ep2)
  • We find that the old fart that bother taimi have a son or daughter that is an executive at the enquest and work on the realm of torment creatures (ep3)
  • We find a terrifying lab where asura are merged with demons/margonites (ep4)
  • The old fart die tragically and we find out that the reason why he was stealing taimi's fame was to protect her and make sure that the enquest don't make a move on her. (ep5)
  • We end up in the far shiverpeaks where the dwarves sealed primordius years ago and find that the enquest and their new modifyed asura made a huge mistake while trying to bait primordius to kill him and this end with the promise for a new x-pac showcasing the shiverpeaks filled with margonites with a fight between jormag and primordius. (ep6)

I think it fit the lore and story pretty well.

Archived