Returning Player is looking for a good Allround Class

When I read that a Cantha addon is confirmed, I immediately downloaded Guild Wars again :) I played the last time when tgw released, and haven't played any addon yet.

I'm looking for a class that allows me to play into any content without being useless/unwanted (PvP, WvW, PvE). The class should not be too dumbed down. I already have MMO experience and I need a challenge - but I'm not the best player. Something that can Support and DD would be awesome!

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ele is wanted in high lvl fractal because of its insane dmg and also has one of the best condi builds for raids but it is hard to learnCan also be off-healer in raids with tempest too with high overall condi cleanse capability and big pulsing heal.Also has a unique squad buff with sharing aurasBoth tempest and weaver also have a spot in wvw for their high bursts and tankiness

Ele is decent. Good damage, can play both Condi or Power builds in both Tempest and Weaver. Decent support with Tempest too. Usable in PvP (Dagger/Focus), WvW (Staff) and PvE (Scepter/Warhorn for Power Tempest, Dagger/Warhorn for Condi Tempest, Scepter/Warhorn and Staff for Heal Tempest and Sword/Dagger for Weaver)

Guardian is also great. Very good damage and support. Power Dragon Hunter is really strong. Condi Firebrand is also really strong. Support Firebrand is really strong.

The major downside to Guardian is it's kind of... Simple. As in it's really just a case of "Is your skill available? Press it". If you go soloing things in OW or do PvP it gets more exciting 'cause then you have to play well around your active defences to not get gibbed, but otherwise it's very straightforward to play.

Other classes that can play damage and support and are good in all 3 game modes:

Engineer - Holosmith is pretty good in PvP and PvE, Scrapper is the best support in WvW and is okay as a support in PvE. Though, it lacks a strong Condition build.

Revenant - Condi Herald is very strong in PvP as is Power Herald. Power Herald is decent in WvW (Though not as good as it was before Hammer got nerfed, obviously) for blobs while Condi Herald can roam decently. For PvE, Condi Renegade is strong, Alacrigade is strong and Heal Renegade is decent.

Though Rev also has the downside of PvE being kind of boring. Given how its energy mechanic works, a lot of it ends up being "Activate your Upkeep skill" > "Auto attack" > "Swap Legend" > "Rinse and repeat" with the occasional additional skill here and there...

That's about it really. The rest of the classes have at least 1 area where they're not doing so hot in...

Warrior - Decent in WvW and good in PvE but is struggling in PvP right now.Ranger - Good in PvP, Power and Condi Soulbeast is strong in PvE as well as Heal Druid. But it is kind of lacklustre in WvW (Except for roaming)Necro - Condi Core is strong in PvP. Power Scourge is good in WvW. But the class is subpar in PvE.Thief - Condi Core/DE is strong in PvP and roaming in WvW. But otherwise the class sucks in blobs and is mediocre in PvE.Mesmer - Boon and Power Chrono is amazing in PvE. But the class sucks in both PvP and WvW due to the recent nerfs that hit both Mirage and Chrono (Mirage, the spec based around dodging, only having 1 dodge. Chrono lost a lot of defence from no longer having Distortion as well as losing a lot of offense from no longer having self shatters)

Just play and try them.

I played many classes to level 30 before even desided to I keep it or not. I'm still very newbie, but I would say. Most of classes aren't really that complicated. Example Warriors and rangers are very simple and easy, as elementalist and engineer are more complex.

In my opinion, best, efficient and so on, are nice, but most important is that players self likes to play the character (any class).

Really most classes can fit your requirements. It's hard to say what will appeal to you most. I'm a particular fan of Weaver (Elementalist) at the moment and I have plenty of video of that, so here's a glimpse of what that looks like to me. Maybe you will see something you like?

Weaver is a damage spec and I am not an organized group player, but the Tempest elite spec is all about support/healing and plays very differently from weaver. So you can play this class in a variety of ways. It has viable builds for every game mode, although some consider it too much effort for too little payoff (but you did say you wanted a challenge!).

WvW:

PvE:

Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

I have more WvW, PvE, and a little PvP up on my channel, too, if you'd like to see more. Welcome back and good luck!

@Fckthwrld.6097 said:When I read that a Cantha addon is confirmed, I immediately downloaded Guild Wars again :) I played the last time when tgw released, and haven't played any addon yet.

I'm looking for a class that allows me to play into any content without being useless/unwanted (PvP, WvW, PvE). The class should not be too dumbed down. I already have MMO experience and I need a challenge - but I'm not the best player. Something that can Support and DD would be awesome!

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on what you wana do, Support or win? A great all around class is necro. Necro gives you the choice of high mobility, tank, and dps, depending on what specialization you pick. Another good class is Mesmer. Ranger is good. I can’t stand guardian...guardian is a class that tries to adopt other classes’ specialties but does a terrible job at it. Anyways, play all the PvP you want. Don’t take yourself too serious while you play, and try to find your personal top 3 go to classes. Good luck.

My favorite is necromancer by a mile currently despite me having about double the play time on my guardian.I have two necros one for Open World, Fractals, Raids and another dedicated for WvW.I have 3 builds with my PvE necro. Heal Scourge / Power Reaper / Condi Scourge

• Power Reaper does really good damage and is very strong in open world
  • Condi is good if your are using Epidemic and there are groups that your are trying to kill. Really good in fractals and Raids. (Some raiders don't like scourges and some do)
  • Heal scourge does no damage but will carry any party you are in no matter if it fractals or raids due to it being able to resurrect quickly and provide barrier. This can be helpful during open world meta's because you can keep people from having to way point res.

I have all my builds and equipment templates bound to keys so I can quickly switch between them for different situations.For you I would start with the Power Reaper first and then progress into the others if that interests you. Berserker gear can be purchased from the trading post so you can gear up quickly and it is now relatively inexpensive now compared to probably when you left.

@Lumikki.1725 said:Guardian is very flexiable class.

Indeed, I was going to recommend the same. You can Power DPS, Condi DPS, and support/heal. You have auto-blocks, super high burst damage, great healing options, and are extremely mobile and self-sufficient. You can play the profession safely in any game mode. It's the best, IMO.

@"Fckthwrld.6097" said:I played the last time when tgw released

"TGW"?