Build Updates

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Ranger: same core bunker will be better than before once the bug to holo is fixedThief: you can try crit strikes now, was always good just better now. If you didn’t try before there’s more reason than ever to play s/d DrDNecro: looks super busted, lots of new builds.

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

The only actual problem with crit strikes is it has no utility beside great boon duration. It was also pok on like s/d or s/p daredevil but now DA is nerfed and shadow arts does lower dps than DA plus they buffed crit strikes. So the DL is- crit strikes damage is way higher than the other options, so it’s up to you. Do you want damage? Take crits. Do you want sustain? Sa or acro. Mix of both? Da.

Whats the point of taking a damage traitline on a profession that doesnt do much damage anyway? Your purpose doesn't require much damage, you would even be effective with just shortbow. Crit Strikes lacks any kind of utility, and as such its useless for thief outside of PvE.

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:Instead of complaining incessantly about the patch, how have you changed your builds to adapt? What new builds are now more viable? Personally, I'm going to try out some scourge minion and support builds now that they undid the shade nerf.

LMAO. New builds. Dude, did you not read the patch notes? Scourge is a maybe. Condi rev lost a bit of sustainability. Zero new builds. Slight balance update. Zero change in the meta.

@otto.5684 said:

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:Instead of complaining incessantly about the patch, how have you changed your builds to adapt? What new builds are now more viable? Personally, I'm going to try out some scourge minion and support builds now that they undid the shade nerf.

LMAO. New builds. Dude, did you not read the patch notes? Scourge is a maybe. Condi rev lost a bit of sustainability. Zero new builds. Slight balance update. Zero change in the meta.

So, entirely ignoring the topic and incessantly complaining anyway? oof.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Ranger: same core bunker will be better than before once the bug to holo is fixedThief: you can try crit strikes now, was always good just better now. If you didn’t try before there’s more reason than ever to play s/d DrDNecro: looks super busted, lots of new builds.

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

The only actual problem with crit strikes is it has no utility beside great boon duration. It was also pok on like s/d or s/p daredevil but now DA is nerfed and shadow arts does lower dps than DA plus they buffed crit strikes. So the DL is- crit strikes damage is way higher than the other options, so it’s up to you. Do you want damage? Take crits. Do you want sustain? Sa or acro. Mix of both? Da.

Whats the point of taking a damage traitline on a profession that doesnt do much damage anyway? Your purpose doesn't require much damage, you would even be effective with just shortbow. Crit Strikes lacks any kind of utility, and as such its useless for thief outside of PvE.

Because deadly arts is bad rn. It used to be a damage trait line and now the only reason to run it is the heal in mug and improv, which overall is only so much. I would only take crit strikes on a few builds though becuz of their mechanics- like pw which I see hit in matches for like 10k which is pgood and it s more effective in ranked solo q than dp because u can take out side noders and necros fast .Doing damage on thief means u can actually do stuff besides being a decap bot who “only uses Shortbow”. Being a decap bot on thief is the sign of a weak thief or a team that is weak.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

Because deadly arts is bad rn. It used to be a damage trait line and now the only reason to run it is the heal in mug and improv, which overall is only so much. I would only take crit strikes on a few builds though becuz of their mechanics- like pw which I see hit in matches for like 10k which is pgood and it s more effective in ranked solo q than dp because u can take out side noders and necros fast .

Thats why the meta lineup is SA, Trickery and DD. You dont pick DA or CS.

Doing damage on thief means u can actually do stuff besides being a decap bot who “only uses Shortbow”. Being a decap bot on thief is the sign of a weak thief or a team that is weak.

Except even with CS, you will not be doing damage. Well, actual noticable damage. Your purpose is to decap and +1. You do that just as effectively without CS.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

Because deadly arts is bad rn. It used to be a damage trait line and now the only reason to run it is the heal in mug and improv, which overall is only so much. I would only take crit strikes on a few builds though becuz of their mechanics- like pw which I see hit in matches for like 10k which is pgood and it s more effective in ranked solo q than dp because u can take out side noders and necros fast .

Thats why the meta lineup is SA, Trickery and DD. You dont pick DA or CS.

Doing damage on thief means u can actually do stuff besides being a decap bot who “only uses Shortbow”. Being a decap bot on thief is the sign of a weak thief or a team that is weak.

Except even with CS, you will not be doing damage. Well, actual noticable damage. Your purpose is to decap and +1. You do that just as effectively without CS.

Ehh you can believe what you want. I’m just a guy that streams for friends, has gotten top 10+25 , made a few meta builds and loves to test out any kindof build. In testing builds I found this to be much stronger than s/d builds which were popular and can do at times insane damage while still fulfilling requirements for thief’s role and at times in ranked can be x3 as effective for the average solo qer. I don’t think it’s meta and in fact I never tell ppl that but can be more effective at times for many which some or many may appreciate the option.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

the only crit strikes problem is that non crit strikes thief farm the thief that takes it :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

the only crit strikes problem is that non crit strikes thief farm the thief that takes it :D

True but it’s more of a problem against deadly arts build that land damage on mug which you cannot avoid. Stealth spam backstabs are avoidable, note though acro pw spam also had trouble taking match ups against deadly art builds. If u can land enough of your damage on them though the 1v1s are takeable, also a crits pistol whip build is gonna be more likely to actually end up with kills on solo necros and side noders like holo, so it’s technically not worse at 1v1ing just weak in the match ups against other thief’s

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Crit strikes ... yikes ?

True but it’s more of a problem against deadly arts build that land damage on mug which you cannot avoid. Stealth spam backstabs are avoidable, note though acro pw spam also had trouble taking match ups against deadly art builds. If u can land enough of your damage on them though the 1v1s are takeable, also a crits pistol whip build is gonna be more likely to actually end up with kills on solo necros and side noders like holo, so it’s technically not worse at 1v1ing just weak in the match ups against other thief’s

yes build that can permastealth is very avoidable Kappa

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

It is not off topic. Also, I was primarily responding to the post I quoted.

And I adopted to sPvP changes a while back. I stopped playing cuz CC and aoe spam, by bunker builds, is not remotely fun. I would rather farm Risen in Cursed Shore, if I play GW2 at all.

@otto.5684 said:

It is not off topic. Also, I was primarily responding to the post I quoted.

And I adopted to sPvP changes a while back. I stopped playing cuz CC and aoe spam, by bunker builds, is not remotely fun. I would rather farm Risen in Cursed Shore, if I play GW2 at all.

Responding to off topic posts is still off topic posting/hijacking. Please stop it. And why would you argue with something being off-topic to the person who literally created the post? Do you argue with authors over what they meant often?