Is balancing patch coming anytime soon?

Horan.7013

@Turin.6921 said:

@Horan.7013 said:It will be funny how the balance patch eventually come later date but ArenaNet forgets about Engi. LOL

It has not...It was already mentioned that Holo will have a lot of changes and especially in the sword...

Changes doesn't mean buffs. Nobody knows how many sadistic nerfs they have prepared for us.

@leviathan.2148 said:

@Horan.7013 said:It will be funny how the balance patch eventually come later date but ArenaNet forgets about Engi. LOL

They said that Holo will get changes, even the sword. We'll see.

They also said they would try to make FGyro somehow more relevant for PvE. They did nothing but nerfs to Scrapper.

@Natt.1305 said:Personally I'd love to see Holoforge mode be considered a Kit so it could take advantage of a bunch of the other kit traits. Would be neat because then there'd be more incentive to be in the forge beyond "you do more damage" or the various smaller things the specific elite spec trait line offers. Granted, for power budget reasons I dunno if they'd be able to allow it to also be considered a toolkit ability as it is now. I dunno tho. Either way, looking forward to scourge nerfs in pvp.

At the very least the toggle should act as a toolbelt skill for traits, receiving buffs and static discharge.

@Ardid.7203 said:

They said that Holo will get changes, even the sword. We'll see.

They also said they would try to make FGyro somehow more relevant for PvE. They did nothing but nerfs to Scrapper.

One thing was a promise of looking into pve functionality and another is a statement of changes coming.

Irenio didn't promise anywhere that there will be a pve change to FGyro. (I'm still disappointed that there wasn't) He said that he'll look into it. On the other hand Robert has stated that changes are coming in balance patch. No vague promise that he may look into sword or Holo.

Clear difference. Your statement about Anet forgetting about Holo is invalid.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

It has not...It was already mentioned that Holo will have a lot of changes and especially in the sword...

Changes doesn't mean buffs. Nobody knows how many sadistic nerfs they have prepared for us.

TBH Holo does not really need much of a buff. Maybe a bit to improve the initial bursting but using holo in raids and open world PvE it turns out to be pretty powerful already. The only real issue is that the sword is utterly useless. Even on Open world it is better to go with the rifle. I actually think Holo should not be buffed or nerfed and i enjoy the current power level. Its the rest of the elites that require a bit a nerf and the scourge a good buff to balance them.

@cat.8975 said:We're getting a balance patch on Tuesday, don't worry. They should be fully aware of the complaints and criticisms for each new elite spec and we should expect to see a fair number of adjustments.

Welcome to Guild Wars 2! It's refreshing to see people in here who haven't been exposed to years of ANet "development" yet. :grin:

@Carighan.6758 said:Welcome to Guild Wars 2! It's refreshing to see people in here who haven't been exposed to years of ANet "development" yet. :grin:

I've been here since launch :blush: . I was hoping they'd make an exception and break their "balance 2 weeks after pvp season ends" rule, but they just sorta put a bandaid on scourge (read: gutted it for pve, it's mostly fine in pvp/wvw now) instead.

Guess we'll just have to be a little more patient.

@Turin.6921 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

TBH Holo does not really need much of a buff. Maybe a bit to improve the initial bursting but using holo in raids and open world PvE it turns out to be pretty powerful already. The only real issue is that the sword is utterly useless. Even on Open world it is better to go with the rifle. I actually think Holo should not be buffed or nerfed and i enjoy the current power level. Its the rest of the elites that require a bit a nerf and the scourge a good buff to balance them.

this is the approach i took for hot. i would say things like "well scrapper dps is fine because core engi already does good dps and theyre about the same, and hammer does too much at once which is why its op in pvp, but all the elite specs need nerfs to be put on a level with core specs like anet said they wanted". but its pretty apparent that they dont want elite specs to be at the same power level as core specs. because of that, i think assuming they want pof specs to be on a level with hot specs is an idea that needs to be taken with the past in consideration. i dont think its a good idea to suggest blanket nerfs because i dont think anet will do it. unfortunately. and that is a mistake on their part.

but i would love to be wrong.

@insanemaniac.2456 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

this is the approach i took for hot. i would say things like "well scrapper dps is fine because core engi already does good dps and theyre about the same, and hammer does too much at once which is why its op in pvp, but all the elite specs need nerfs to be put on a level with core specs like anet said they wanted". but its pretty apparent that they dont want elite specs to be at the same power level as core specs. because of that, i think assuming they want pof specs to be on a level with hot specs is an idea that needs to be taken with the past in consideration. i dont think its a good idea to suggest blanket nerfs because i dont think anet will do it. unfortunately. and that is a mistake on their part.

Anet never said they wanted Elites to be on par with the core Specs. They were deliberately vague on the matter. And it would make absolutely no sense. It would make the elites useless in terms of anticipation and enjoyment. But they have very clearly declared in the PoF interviews that they also do not want new elites to overpower the HoT ones. That the system is about change in style and more a indirect way to add features you would get by a new class without actually adding whole new ones to the picture. So yeah they want Elites to be balance close to each other.

Also hoped kitless engineer - something like alchemy scrapper but with magical light based movements attacks - lots of burns etc, like scourge - lots of torment without shroud change mechanic - this should be also engineer evolution. I also hate kits and swapping so with holosmith I am very disappointed, scrapper was cool, holosmith - just another kit engineer.....

@Turin.6921 said:

@insanemaniac.2456 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

Anet never said they wanted Elites to be on par with the core Specs. They were deliberately vague on the matter. And it would make absolutely no sense. It would make the elites useless in terms of anticipation and enjoyment. But they have very clearly declared in the PoF interviews that they also do not want new elites to overpower the HoT ones. That the system is about change in style and more a indirect way to add features you would get by a new class without actually adding whole new ones to the picture. So yeah they want Elites to be balance close to each other.

When the elite specs were first announced, various Anet representatives said in a few interviews they didn't intend E-Specs to become power crawl, but to be "a different way to play". I don't have the time now to search for those quotes, but believe me, they said it. It also was a heavy debate topic at the time, because people didn't wanted elites to become mandatory in any way.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

@insanemaniac.2456 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

When the elite specs were first announced, various Anet representatives said in a few interviews they didn't intend E-Specs to become power crawl, but to be "a different way to play". I don't have the time now to search for those quotes, but believe me, they said it. It also was a heavy debate topic at the time, because people didn't wanted elites to become mandatory in any way.

I searched for these quotes intensely myself and never found them ever. I think this was just the community misinterpreting what is presented on the HoT website, which was deliberately vague. Think about it. Why wouldn't you make the elite more powerful? It would be utterly useless after a few months of play and there would be no incentive to buy into the game for them as a feature. And people wanted elites to be more powerful. The vast majority of the beta testers had only one major comment in common. That the elites felt weak. I actually think that is why they were always vague about the matter. They tested responses in the beta and that is the reason they over-tuned them at launch.

An elite Spec is supposed to be a move forward from the base progression. thus it needs to be sth better than core. Its the elites that need to be balanced in order to keep build diversity.

@Turin.6921 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

@insanemaniac.2456 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Turin.6921 said:

I searched for these quotes intensely myself and never found them ever. I think this was just the community misinterpreting what is presented on the HoT website, which was deliberately vague. Think about it. Why wouldn't you make the elite more powerful? It would be utterly useless after a few months of play and there would be no incentive to buy into the game for them as a feature. And people wanted elites to be more powerful. The vast majority of the beta testers had only one major comment in common. That the elites felt weak. I actually think that is why they were always vague about the matter. They tested responses in the beta and that is the reason they over-tuned them at launch.

An elite Spec is supposed to be a move forward from the base progression. thus it needs to be sth better than core. Its the elites that need to be balanced in order to keep build diversity.

actually i can help you with that.its a quote from colin on reddit (link provided) - he actually answers on pvp only. nothing said about other content and still kinda vague... but it is therehttps://np.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3opycg/arenanet_unveil_the_future_of_competitive_guild/cvzfp12/

edit: actually it so vague again, that it could mean anything. "being able to play a gamemode without elite specs" doesnt mean elite specs are not better than core.still looking for some more "evidence" since everybody and the world claims elites were supposed to be side grades and claims it was anet telling everybody

Archived