Skyscale QOL Update

The skyscales engage skill needs some sort of ground target AOE so we know exactly where the attack will hit because its not always where you think its going to be and if its supposed to be where you are directly facing it doesn't always seem to land there. Sometimes its off to the left.I don't want to have to keep guessing every single time- kinda sorta to the left and kinda someway in front of me? Take the guesswork out and add that AOE ground target. ;)

@HotDelirium.7984 said:The skyscales engage skill needs some sort of ground target AOE so we know exactly where the attack will hit because its not always where you think its going to be and if its supposed to be where you are directly facing it doesn't always seem to land there. Sometimes its off to the left.I don't want to have to keep guessing every single time- kinda sorta to the left and kinda someway in front of me? Take the guesswork out and add that AOE ground target. ;)

Agreed 10.000% That skill never hits where i want it to. :/ Making it dependent on which direction my character is facing is too unreliable.Either give it a ground target circle so we can aim it, or make it so that it automatically targets the enemy you have currently selected.

@kharmin.7683 said:Practice! I'm still not 100% accurate, but I do hit my AoE target a lot more consistently now than I used to.

The other mount skill don't need it since the attack originates from the mount as you're still on it and that's the point of focus but the skyscale is sent out and the impact just isn't as clear. I have practiced it and its still not exactly where you think it will be. We shouldn't have to hope and guess ;)

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Practice! I'm still not 100% accurate, but I do hit my AoE target a lot more consistently now than I used to.

The other mount skill don't need it since the attack originates from the mount as you're still on it and that's the point of focus but the skyscale is sent out and the impact just isn't as clear. I have practiced it and its still not exactly where you think it will be. We shouldn't have to hope and guess ;)

It’s fairly consistent on where the AoE will end up. It just takes practice like the other poster said.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:The skyscales engage skill needs some sort of ground target AOE so we know exactly where the attack will hit because its not always where you think its going to be and if its supposed to be where you are directly facing it doesn't always seem to land there. Sometimes its off to the left.I don't want to have to keep guessing every single time- kinda sorta to the left and kinda someway in front of me? Take the guesswork out and add that AOE ground target. ;)

I do pretty ok with the current engage, but I still agree it would be alot better. I think they would have to add some slight head animations for it.

If nothing else, it would make the story mission in dragonfall where you have to use the blast engage skill on a specific spot on Kralk's wing a bit easier. Having done this on multiple characters, it is a bit frustrating to have to do some guess work for it to hit the right spot, but it's not a big issue.

@Atomos.7593 said:If nothing else, it would make the story mission in dragonfall where you have to use the blast engage skill on a specific spot on Kralk's wing a bit easier. Having done this on multiple characters, it is a bit frustrating to have to do some guess work for it to hit the right spot, but it's not a big issue.

Get a buddy or two for that story mission. Becomes incredibly easier for getting the achievement.

I mostly aim forward and left of my skyscale's position to gauge where it will hit. But yes, in a way I do agree it should be easier to aim. Heck, if ground targeting can be done, atleast put it in Front of it, not in front and to the side at an angle.

Edit : Re-read the posts, thought it was a different achievement, my bad !