Too much boon strip in game! Balanced patch needed ASAP!

jamesdolla.3954

@Gulesave.5073 said:This is fascinating. Over on the other side, we PvE-ers are having the exact opposite issue. Reliance on boon stripping makes these specs nigh useless in open world PvE.

It's almost as if players have too many boons, and mobs have too few...

That... Or maybe we need a skill split, between WvW and PvE. Sadly the most likely possibility for this is an amulet system in WvW, which is likely to be what would drive me, and a couple others out.

I fear the amount of work either perceived or real in splitting WvW skills/traits from PvE is prohibitive.

@Rampage.7145 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@jamesdolla.3954 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:Run builds that don't rely on boons. Lots of them exist. Carry stun breaks.

I'm talking about zerg fights here lol. How can you dive into blobs without any boons like stab?

Lots of classes have traits that stun break on cc or AoE stun break. Druid, Rev, and tempest have a lot of support in this area.

Clearly an experienced WvW player speaking here, guy knows what's up!!!! pretty much like most people who post on this forums who have 0 clue about WvW yet they post nonsense like this on this forums
and Arenant listens to them!

For the record, this is Bloodie, the man who handles what is left of VR on Mag, the OP is Hunk, his lapdog

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:You can thank Stability for Boon meta. Not much else you can do to counter it besides boon removal.

Stab had no counter in the vanilla meta due to there not being anywhere near enough boon strips to remove it reliably yet the ideal comp in the vanilla meta was a 50/50 split of melee and ranged builds, with a small number of gank squad to harass enemy ranged because otherwise they would dominate the fight.

Ehh, dunno about that. Berserker Corruptomancer did just as well as it does now for the most part. There was a lot less access to stability and negation (blocks/invulns etc.) as well, which made corrupts/strips more significant. One good necro could flip a fight on its head.

Honestly, boons are still wildly overtuned and overly-used in the game. To say there are too many boonstrips would need a corollary stating there are too many sources of boons.Which there are.

Boons in a vacuum were certainly a lot weaker back then; we didn't have concentration or resistance at that time either. I think the fact that berserker necro was an actual meta build in vanilla shows just how different things were. That's a build that combined paper thin durability with no real survivability skills but it was excellent in zerg fights, so good that it was part of the reason why top fight guilds started running gank squads.

I guess my point overall was that stability didn't have a counter but it also didn't need a counter; the power level of boons was perfectly fine in vanilla. Concentration and expertise were mistakes.

@Coldtart.4785 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:You can thank Stability for Boon meta. Not much else you can do to counter it besides boon removal.

Stab had no counter in the vanilla meta due to there not being anywhere near enough boon strips to remove it reliably yet the ideal comp in the vanilla meta was a 50/50 split of melee and ranged builds, with a small number of gank squad to harass enemy ranged because otherwise they would dominate the fight.

Ehh, dunno about that. Berserker Corruptomancer did just as well as it does now for the most part. There was a lot less access to stability and negation (blocks/invulns etc.) as well, which made corrupts/strips more significant. One good necro could flip a fight on its head.

Honestly, boons are still wildly overtuned and overly-used in the game. To say there are too many boonstrips would need a corollary stating there are too many sources of boons.Which there are.

Boons in a vacuum were certainly a lot weaker back then; we didn't have concentration or resistance at that time either. I think the fact that berserker necro was an actual meta build in vanilla shows just how different things were. That's a build that combined paper thin durability with no real survivability skills but it was excellent in zerg fights, so good that it was part of the reason why top fight guilds started running gank squads.

I guess my point overall was that stability didn't have a counter but it also didn't need a counter; the power level of boons was perfectly fine in vanilla. Concentration and expertise were mistakes.

Gah I remember that!Actual skill.

Main problem in my opinion is the fact that scourge turns resistance into conditions - in my experience there isn't nearly enough AoE Condi Clear to deal with all the conditions flying around lately and as a Spellbreaker (even though I feel pretty strong) I die extremely easily to condi builds due to the fact that I can't really engage scourge myself and all my resistance is pretty much just another condition - I guess I need a private army of tempests running after me and clearing my condis or something..I feel like there is no counterplay to conditions except maybe having only classes with aoe condi clear in Squad - which is quite limiting and no fun anymore

EDIT: Just saw in another thread a suggestion to make resistance into a buff (like alacrity) that way it doesn't get stripped by scourge etc, doesn't benefit from boon duration and can't be shared by mesmer inspiration - I guess it would need a decreased base duration so that it's not entirely broken but I really like that idea.I mean come on, where is the point in having a boon that makes you immune to conditions if any scourge can just drive by and turn it into another condi...

The problem is they “fixed” boon spam from HoT with boon corrupt/removal spam so we’ve just been dialling up the amount of boons and then the removal and then we’ll be dialling up the boons again to deal with the mass removal creating a viscous cycle. It’s an arms race and we’re at the Cold War stage.

Both sides need toning down, the low cool down corrupts on scourge are bad for the game just as the excessive removal of WoD are bad but at the same time so is the hilariously low cool down on a number of skills giving vital boons like resistance, stab and protection. Firebrand tomes, extending boon durations so SYG gives 50% uptime, boonshare mesmers giving 100% uptime of almost every boon. There’s lots of blame to go around and lots that need toning down.

@Coldtart.4785 said:we didn't have concentration or resistance at that time either. I think the fact that berserker necro was an actual meta build in vanilla shows just how different things were.

Concentration and Expertise were in vanilla and existed as minor stats on the old traitline system, along with healing and crit damage. After Anet decoupled stats from traitlines the gear on builds became mundane and less diverse until they finally added those stats back in on gear. If you recall, the whole reason for the decoupling was due to build diversity. No one wanted to use certain traitlines due to the cost of giving up concentration, expertise, or healing, especially for the stats that were not available from gear.

Also, originally players ran condi necros until better players figured out they could run berserker necros and survive with good positioning and group play.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:we didn't have concentration or resistance at that time either. I think the fact that berserker necro was an actual meta build in vanilla shows just how different things were.

Concentration and Expertise were in vanilla and existed as minor stats on the old traitline system, along with healing and crit damage. After Anet decoupled stats from traitlines the gear on builds became mundane and less diverse until they finally added those stats back in on gear. If you recall, the whole reason for the decoupling was due to build diversity. No one wanted to use certain traitlines due to the cost of giving up concentration, expertise, or healing, especially for the stats that were not available from gear.

Also, originally players ran condi necros until better players figured out they could run berserker necros and survive with good positioning and group play.

Ermm....Wasn't conditions not awesome because of anti-condi builds? Worker warrior, shout guardian, ele water cleanse, anti condi food (-40% duration)...Anet then decided to boost conditions by nerfing the food and shake the meta by nerfing the stab.

They just need to fix Winds of Disenchantment. The elite would be fine on it's own with just destroying projectiles for 10s. That part alone makes it better than more than half the elites in the game. The fact that it also prevents boon application for 10s, and, removes a boon every .5 seconds for the duration in the 360 radius is ridiculous.It is currently the best elite in the game, and by a wide margin.They need to lower the duration to maybe 8s. They also need to change the interval to 2s from .5s. Or, if they leave it as is they need to reduce the radius to like 180, cause in it's current iteration it's totally broken.

@Ubi.4136 said:They just need to fix Winds of Disenchantment. The elite would be fine on it's own with just destroying projectiles for 10s. That part alone makes it better than more than half the elites in the game. The fact that it also prevents boon application for 10s, and, removes a boon every .5 seconds for the duration in the 360 radius is ridiculous.It is currently the best elite in the game, and by a wide margin.They need to lower the duration to maybe 8s. They also need to change the interval to 2s from .5s. Or, if they leave it as is they need to reduce the radius to like 180, cause in it's current iteration it's totally broken.

by preventing boons to be applied within the dome itself make this skill OP since in wvw, once you combine with other players' attack like boonstrip from scourge, cc from diff classes, whoever in dome is likely to die

they need to make this dome counter-able, maybe having friendly or enemy dome overlapping each other will cancel out the effects

@Chaba.5410 said:

Why are you so eager to pretend melee was OP in vanilla? It wasn't and that's why we ran melee and ranged in the same comp.

everybody is mainly talking about resistance being stripped and therefore the amount of conditions flying around kills everybody.my main concern on the other hand is stabilitythere is no way in hell, that i can do a step in bigger fights anymore. whichever side in wvw hits their enemy first or is slightly bigger/more sourges and spellbreakers, wins. stability is more of a danger now. whenever i pop a stability-skill, it gets converted into fear in an instant. or yet just stripped and the amount of the rest of the cc's kills me."get a build that has decent amount of stun breaks/invuls"? ... gimme good ones, because i cant find one that can compensate for that much cc/conversion/strip :-/

• vanilla stab was super strong, i get that
  • the change to stacks was the first hit - but players adjusted (after an almost never-ending time of pirateship gameplay)
  • late HoT the condi-reapers with a decent amount of strips/conversions made it harder to play again
  • the removal of certain pulsing stability-skills on some classes, made it even harder
  • the lack of something else than guard to provide grp-stab with a radius where it actually spreads to allies didnt help (mesmer mantra, anyone?)
  • but compared to PoF, all the previous stuff is heaven on earth

but maybe its just me. either way, the fun is fading !can i have a personal safe space? like an immunity-timer to cc, when a stack of stab is used or/and i break out of a stun (one that is not 0.0125 sec)?or yet, give me stab in a form like alacrity. stacks yes, but not corruptable? anything.

condition-spam on top of a ping-pong-game = moar kitten

hashtag q.q

Archived