Worth coming back to?

I've dropped out of the game about 3 years ago i think? No specific reason - just kinda happened. Was mostly doing openworld stuff and fractals, aiming to take a shot at raids at some point.

How's the game nowadays? Playerbase still active? Necromancers still playable?How much of a living world season did I miss? Gonna need to purchase those now, right?

@Wintermute.5408 said:Jumped back in, thanks guys. Nice to see build and gear templates are a thing now.

I had the same reaction when I returned to the game a couple months ago :D So nice!There have been a lot of criticism of the way they are selling templates though, and I can understand.But an extra gear template and 2 extra build templates on each of my character is still better than 1 :D

@Wintermute.5408 said:I've dropped out of the game about 3 years ago i think? No specific reason - just kinda happened. Was mostly doing openworld stuff and fractals, aiming to take a shot at raids at some point.

How's the game nowadays? Playerbase still active? Necromancers still playable?How much of a living world season did I miss? Gonna need to purchase those now, right?

Since you said 3 years, I am unsure is this before or after PoF. I assume after.

LW, you missed the entire LWS4, which is 6 episodes/maps. The maps are okay. Some are good, but some are very bad. The story is meh. Then we have 3 maps from LWS5, Ice Brood Saga. I think the first two maps are good with the last one being like Dragon Stand, without all what made Dragon Stand work. Story is not good.

Playerbase is active, but getting smaller by the day.

Necromancers are strong in OW. Usable in fractals/raids but not ideal.

If you have PoF it is free to access (will need to buy gems with gold or money to access LW you missed) it is worth coming back. If you do not have PoF, the new elites alone are worth the game price. If story was your thing, it is not worth it.

In the end, as said by someone before already, it's really a matter of personal preferences and tastes. The main characteristic of that game is to put together so many different types of players! It's due to its enormous content together with the fact that even one specific activity can be played with different approaches and strategies.

Main facts are:

• Content is bigger than before (tons of adds).
  • Original content has massively changed (tons of modifications and updates and balancing and improvement....).

Out of all that, I believe that OP would most certainly find something to enjoy. :)