The Labyrinth Instances Seem Too Small

A full squad cannot seem to fit on any Labyrinth instances. Every squad I have been in or tried to join has had half a squad missing from the map they are one.The labyrinth sizes needed to be increased so that squads can actually fit in the instances of the commanders they are trying to join, at least to fit fifty people in, because even at fifty not that many people should be missing from the map and the ones on your map as you made a squad will either join your squad or find a new instance and the ones who just didn't make it, which will be a lot less can move on and know they will stand a higher chance at getting on a map.

The problem is even with 25 people it can get crowded if everyone is going around together, which they probably are with organised squads. With 50 people it might be impossible to see what's going on.

An alternative solution (although maybe more work to implement) is to make it so squads scale to the map the commander is in. If the map will only allow 25 people then the squad should only allow 25 people and be removed from LFG automatically when it's full.

But as a short-term fix I agree increasing the map limit to 50 would be ok.

@Danikat.8537 said:The problem is even with 25 people it can get crowded if everyone is going around together, which they probably are with organised squads. With 50 people it might be impossible to see what's going on.

An alternative solution (although maybe more work to implement) is to make it so squads scale to the map the commander is in. If the map will only allow 25 people then the squad should only allow 25 people and be removed from LFG automatically when it's full.

But as a short-term fix I agree increasing the map limit to 50 would be ok.

If Commanders could know what the size of the Lab maps are and could set a squad size limit themselves too, that would also be helpful.It's mostly just that squad joining and getting on the same map as the commander is just being troublesome right now.

Because the lab is packed with enemies, and it's all in quite a small space, it might be limited for performance reasons maybe.

Or as mentioned above, it might be to help prevent crowding. If a whole squad of 50 were doing the mount race around the narrow corridors I could imagine very low fps and not being able to really see anything.

Also with 50 roaming around I'm not sure half of the squad would even get to tag much, as things would get steamrolled by the front runners too quickly.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Because the lab is packed with enemies, and it's all in quite a small space, it might be limited for performance reasons maybe.

Or as mentioned above, it might be to help prevent crowding. If a whole squad of 50 were doing the mount race around the narrow corridors I could imagine very low fps and not being able to really see anything.

Also with 50 roaming around I'm not sure half of the squad would even get to tag much, as things would get steamrolled by the front runners too quickly.

Yeah, I can see that being a problem.If squad commanders could set size limits, that would be cool.

The first day i was with a big group with commander which looked like at least 50, doing everything including all the champs. yesterday it was only a lazy commander and players who ran away from bosses (especially the chainsaw one) , no organisation whatsoever. I ended up soloing the thing, and failed of course :/ A group is only as good as the commander, there are too many people tagging up commander tags, doing nothing commander worthy, and so the instance drains dry within a few minutes, maybe that messes with the organised squads and the system.

@particlepinata.9865 said:The first day i was with a big group with commander which looked like at least 50, doing everything including all the champs. yesterday it was only a lazy commander and players who ran away from bosses (especially the chainsaw one) , no organisation whatsoever. I ended up soloing the thing, and failed of course :/ A group is only as good as the commander, there are too many people tagging up commander tags, doing nothing commander worthy, and so the instance drains dry within a few minutes, maybe that messes with the organised squads and the system.

I understand the most effective bag gaining method is doing mobs in the lab, but bosses are a good source of karma and good rewards too. Kill all the things!

@particlepinata.9865 said:The first day i was with a big group with commander which looked like at least 50, doing everything including all the champs. yesterday it was only a lazy commander and players who ran away from bosses (especially the chainsaw one) , no organisation whatsoever. I ended up soloing the thing, and failed of course :/ A group is only as good as the commander, there are too many people tagging up commander tags, doing nothing commander worthy, and so the instance drains dry within a few minutes, maybe that messes with the organised squads and the system.

That sounds like a group that is trying to get the most loot for the time spent. None of the bosses or veteran doors are worth it in that case. That is especially true if you got a random group of people with questionable skill.

As others have said: lots of mobs, small instance, enclosed spaces — it's already crowded with ~25-30 max.

What would be nice is if 'squad' could have variable sizes, something we sort of already have:

• Raid squads are 10
  • Open World squads are 50.
  • How about dungeon, fractal, and p-story squads of 5? Allows the use of squad tools (such as markers), which are super helpful for all sorts of reasons.
  • How about a labyrinth squad of 25?

Mind you, it's not all that important: if it wasn't obvious that the lab is limited in size from LFG then surely word of mouth is spreading quickly enough that most of us realize it's not big enough for a full squad. However, it would be useful.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:As others have said: lots of mobs, small instance, enclosed spaces — it's already crowded with ~25-30 max.

What would be nice is if 'squad' could have variable sizes, something we sort of already have:

• Raid squads are 10
  • Open World squads are 50.
  • How about dungeon, fractal, and p-story squads of 5? Allows the use of squad tools (such as markers), which are super helpful for all sorts of reasons.
  • How about a labyrinth squad of 25?

Mind you, it's not all that important: if it wasn't obvious that the lab is limited in size from LFG then surely word of mouth is spreading quickly enough that most of us realize it's not big enough for a full squad. However, it would be useful.

As I said, even being able to have a commander set the squad size limit would be nice. Because there are soooo many LFG's and you just can't get into one.It would also promote an environment where if you have a good commander and you are doing doors and getting good karma and you want to switch character because of diminished returns, you can and get back with the commander you had on their map.

Archived