Claw of the Khan-Ur

Sylvia.4870

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:You mean they didn't? I don't have the Claw and haven't really looked at it much, but surprising that they didn't add some extra FX for some attacks. Maybe its the class you use, I do know some Legendaries, including Gen1) who don't include FX in all attacks.No, they didn't add the extraordinary effects for the melee strikes. As I know, they added the effects on it when drawn, the footprints, the projectiles and the extra effects when one's attacks are critical on a foe. I previewed it and turned around my character to see its effect several times.

@mindcircus.1506 said:I put in a lot of time and effort to make this weapon because I really liked the way it looked and that it didn't bombard me with particles on every swing.I would be pretty upset to see the changes you are asking for.

I don't ask for any other changes except the effect when it is swung(the only thing it doesn't have). Nothing else. I know it takes time and effort to craft a legendary weapon.

@Sylvia.4870 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:I put in a lot of time and effort to make this weapon because I really liked the way it looked and that it didn't bombard me with particles on every swing.I would be pretty upset to see the changes you are asking for.

I don't ask for any other changes except the effect when it is swung(the only thing it doesn't have). Nothing else. I know it takes time and effort to craft a legendary weapon.I read the original request.And again.... as someone who made this weapon I would be pretty upset to see the changes you are requesting made.If I wanted a particle effect on swing like incinerator I would have made Incinerator

@mindcircus.1506 said:

I don't ask for any other changes except the effect when it is swung(the only thing it doesn't have). Nothing else. I know it takes time and effort to craft a legendary weapon.I read the original request.And again.... as someone who made this weapon I would be pretty upset to see the changes you are requesting made.If I wanted a particle effect on swing like incinerator I would have made Incinerator

On the contrary, if its designers see it fitting as it is, it is fine by me. Nothing of it will change.

@Sylvia.4870 said:

On the contrary, if its designers see it fitting as it is, it is fine by me. Nothing of it will change.

And thats probabely exactly what they do, since they made it that way.

It doesn't have a unique effect on melee hits, but the aura (yellow smoke effect) does follow your arm and surround you and your enemy when you're doing melee attacks, so it does still look different to using a normal weapon.

Also like other people in this topic I like the weapon as it is. I made it specifically because it's so understated for a legendary, and because of the charr theme, which makes it ideal for my charr thief.

@"Danikat.8537" said:It doesn't have a unique effect on melee hits, but the aura (yellow smoke effect) does follow your arm and surround you and your enemy when you're doing melee attacks, so it does still look different to using a normal weapon.

Also like other people in this topic I like the weapon as it is. I made it specifically because it's so understated for a legendary, and because of the charr theme, which makes it ideal for my charr thief.

but... it does though.

Do you mean those horizontal flashes of light?

I think that might be a slight modification to a normal part of the attack animation. If I look carefully I can see it happening on my thief, but only really when attacking something big and passive like the test golems. Even with warthogs in Crystal Oasis it gets lost in other effects. But I also see a similar flash (but slightly smaller and more blue/white) when using a Dull Knife with the basic 'dagger' skin, and I don't see it when using the Claw of the Khan-Ur on my ranger and instead see more of a round burst shape, which again is there no matter which dagger she's using.

@Danikat.8537 said:It doesn't have a unique effect on melee hits, but the aura (yellow smoke effect) does follow your arm and surround you and your enemy when you're doing melee attacks, so it does still look different to using a normal weapon.

Fair enough.

@Danikat.8537 said:It doesn't have a unique effect on melee hits, but the aura (yellow smoke effect) does follow your arm and surround you and your enemy when you're doing melee attacks, so it does still look different to using a normal weapon.

but... it does though.

As I notice, the yellow-orange light will be triggered on a foe once the attacks are critical.