Suggestion: Library in the personal area

Mysteris.4906

Hello the company !

I'm Mysteris, French gamer. I apologize in advance for my English... I come on your forum to make you a need identified by our community on the French forum and see if on your side, it's the same thing.

We noticed that during our adventures, the writings (books, parchment) accumulate and if like me you keep these pieces of history that are these items, you must have already filled your second tab of bank ... then I choose a character carrier (kind of librarian sherpa ... ) because out of question to waste a tab of bank for something that should be added to the game: the library!!

If someone of the Staff passed by there, could it insufflate the idea to add this famous personal library to the new contents which will come with Cantha ? It would be really cool and especially this lore hunt allows to fidelize some players who are fond of the collection !

If among you, others share my opinion, do not hesitate to participate and if one or more posts already exist on your forum on the subject, please excuse me!

Anyway... I think that a lot of players have made this request here or on reddit... so I hope without dreaming too much that it will come after a while....I even put the link of the post in favorites... you never know...

The subject is discussed on the French forum: https://fr-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/643/suggestion-bibliotheque-dans-la-zone-perso

++ company!

I'd love that.I've been thinking about too! Maybe if we get to build our own house (a specific amount of gems?) in our homesite, where all other stuff is gathered, such as extra Storage (Trophy room) and Library (books and scrolls).And the farming nodes could be gathered here too, maybe as a garden.This could be located in a separate instance.

I'd love a library too! That won't stop me from carrying my favourite books around, but I'd still love one nonetheless. Perhaps even if only for the aesthetic as there are few places where I feel more at home, outside of my home, than at a library. I'm very much the classical geek. So huzzah to libraries!

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I would love that too! Also, a way for us to restore deleted books and quest stuff that we don't need anymore.There's cool stuff you get from random quests and achievements that i'd like to keep but ultimately delete because i don't want to waste bank space.I'm pretty sure the idea here is to buy more bank space.

Yeah but there's a limit to even how much you can buy, no? Besides, if you kept all the achievement and quest items, you'd probably have like, 2-3 full bank tabs filled with just that. It's kind of a waste to buy bank space just to keep this stuff. There's what, like, 17 bank tabs max right?

Besides, it would be cool if the library system had something like filters so you can find stuff, maybe sort it somehow or whatever. Plus a cool lore friendly, more immersive way to browse that content. It'll probably look better if you take the book out of a bookshelf in yourhome instance rather than bank acces NPC in the middle of Lion's Arch with 30 people around you. :wink:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I would love that too! Also, a way for us to restore deleted books and quest stuff that we don't need anymore.There's cool stuff you get from random quests and achievements that i'd like to keep but ultimately delete because i don't want to waste bank space.I'm pretty sure the idea here is to buy more bank space.

Yeah but there's a limit to even how much you can buy, no? Besides, if you kept all the achievement and quest items, you'd probably have like, 2-3 full bank tabs filled with just that. It's kind of a waste to buy bank space just to keep this stuff. There's what, like, 17 bank tabs max right?

Besides, it would be cool if the library system had something like filters so you can find stuff, maybe sort it somehow or whatever. Plus a cool lore friendly, more immersive way to browse that content. It'll probably look better if you take the book out of a bookshelf in yourhome instance rather than bank acces NPC in the middle of Lion's Arch with 30 people around you. :wink:

The Witcher had the Journal you could use to browse through lore, books and characters/npc you've encountered through the game.You could find history books, beasts and plants, and also your story, the choices you've made through the game.It was pretty reader friendly.

I'm thinking I would still like to have it look like a library with books you have to choose or "activate", but also easy to switch between My Story, Hostory Books, Recipies etc.Don't know if that's how others here imagined it?And if it's possible to relive some of the cinematics that's been unlocked from the different stories?

@Lucio.4190 said:

The Witcher had the Journal you could use to browse through lore, books and characters/npc you've encountered through the game.You could find history books, beasts and plants, and also your story, the choices you've made through the game.It was pretty reader friendly.

I'm thinking I would still like to have it look like a library with books you have to choose or "activate", but also easy to switch between My Story, Hostory Books, Recipies etc.Don't know if that's how others here imagined it?And if it's possible to relive some of the cinematics that's been unlocked from the different stories?

I think that's the idea, yeah.Though, another new tab in the hero panel could also work.It might also help by indentifying which items that you get from achievements are needed for something else. For instance, it won't let you deposit those in the "library thing" meaning, AH, i know now those are used for something else as well. Cause i always have to spend time /wiki searching every single item to see if it has some other use besides being achievement fodder.

Hi,

Glad to see that this idea and need is shared here too!

This library could also be attached to one or more collections. it would allow players to redo old quests. it would perhaps also encourage new players to discover them! This library could be a significant attractive tool for devs!

I haven't been able to find old threads on this topic in our forum, but if you find them, can you put the links back in this discussion?

Thank you for your participation

++